1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

San Diego Chargers - Worst franchise in NFL?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Dublin Bolt, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    http://tinyurl.com/2vybra

Apologies if this has been posted already. If nothing else this is an interesting read while things are quiet, some of which I agree with, alot of which I don't.

Enjoy!. :icon_eek:

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,412
    Quite possibly the most ignorant thing ever written in a sports article.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    This guy is a HACK. Doesn't know **** about this team.Wonder where his TRUE team loyalties lie.

4. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Sarcasm so droll, I almost missed it.

:icon_rofl:

5. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Did a Google search on "Don M. Dumas" and came up with:

So the article from 411mania.com ultimately comes from a Turd fan.

'Nuff said.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fouts is God

Fouts is God Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71
    Pretty pathetic that this 'Turd fan has to write such drivel.

Then again, he probably took a look at how Oakland has been playing the past years and couldn't come up with anything positive about that team. :icon_rofl:

7. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Since Scheisse rolls down hill, do you think this guy has bottomed out yet, or does he need a few more losing seasons on the wrong side of the Bay to finally reach his burrow.

:icon_shrug:

8. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I had already seen that freakin retarded post. Just make sure you have your pop up blocker on if you click on that website.

9. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    His name is DUMAS(S) 'Nuff said.

10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Lets wait for Hexedbolt to come in here and give us a rousing post of Ball Watcher...

'bout the only think the guy knows how to post.

11. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

bullshit

detroit's attendance was 30th in the league averaging 60k

AZ was up because of the new stadium 63k

both those loser cities have brand new stadiums that hold must hold 80k

a-hole

• Like Like x 2
  12. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    The only thing Raiders fans have to look forward to is us making it nine in a row over them so cut this ****** some slack.

13. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Spellcheck necessary:icon_tease: :lol:

14. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,412
    I wasn't really being sarcastic.

15. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

whenever my home town, fans, and/or sports teams are ridiculed.

Then yes,

I get a little pissed

peace

:tup:

16. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    is it just me or dose this reminde you of
    Rush L. talking about G.W.B and how he can do no wrong.
    the more sh*t they say the bvetter it will be when we win it all

p.s knowing them they still will say they have 3 S.B wins to our 1

17. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,412
    eh,

found the article in question on their podcast site and it links to the same 411 site that the AJ article is written on.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was a Raiders fan, but that link doesn't really indicate such.

18. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    "Smith has made some decent moves in San Diego, all of them by default. All we keep hearing about is this draft-day genius in America's Finest City making all the right moves. Smith deserves no credit for the talent assembled in San Diego because he had no choice."

What a retard!!!

"Along with quarterback Philip Rivers in that same draft, the Chargers received multiple draft picks from New York, which they spent on kicker Nate Kaeding in '04 (a playoff choke artist) and Shawne Merriman in '05 (a proven cheater). Not exactly reliable teammates."

The three of them are also Pro Bolwers.

"Philip Rivers missed time, cornerbacks Quentin Jammer, Sammy Davis and Antonio Cromartie missed time, Merriman missed time; the list goes on and on."

Wasn't Cromartie and all of last year's draft picks signed before spring training?

"Last year they made the playoffs and were embarrassed on their home turf by the New England Patriots."

A 3 point loss is an embarassment?!!!

"Dumping "Martyball" seemed obvious. Smith's indecisiveness forced the Chargers to settle for Norv Turner, who is still earning a living on what he did as offensive coordinator for the Cowboys in the mid-90's."

This I can agree with. It's not like we got the guy we wanted. We got what was left.
    If the Colts, Patriots, Broncos, etc. were in a similar situation and signed Norv, my ribs would still be aching from laughing so hard!!
    But since it's us... "Norv... just do as AJ says!!!"

19. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    What is it with the Norv Haters. Unless you luck into a prior Super Bowl winner, all coaching selections are crap shoots. Even then, Wahington hasn't set the world on fire with Joe Gibbs. Turner is a guy with a potent offenseve scheme the the players to make it work. Are you guys going to dump on Cameron when the Dolphins fail to win the division after Green is carted of the field for the umpteenth time? The only warning flags about a coach coming in is a long track record of disasters, like Marty's Ambrose Burnside like record in the playoffs, or or a guy like Buddy Ryan who does nothing but alienate people, including his players. Turner has no record of alienating players, doesn't seem to have been responsible for many piss poor draft choices, had as much success as anyone under Snyder, shared the fate of nearly two decades of immolated coaches under Davis and apparently has the confidence of the mainstays on the Charager roster. Any guy whose incurred the wrath of the likes of Davis or Snyder ought to be given the benefit of the doubt just on that alone. Isn't Shanahan a Davis reject? Give the guy a break. To hear this talk, we have Archibald Wavell about to face Rommel in the Lybian wastes

Grab the nearest bottle of Gin and drown your sorrows.
    :icon_party: .

20. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    First off... Norv has a history of sucking!
    I realize that Gibbs hasn’t done much since his return. That’s bound to happen when you haven’t coached for ten or so years. With that said, he doesn’t have the players. Norv did!

I will not bash Cameron if he struggles because this is his first year as a head coach. Besides... as a Chargers fan, why should I care?
    And you’re right. Turner has no record of alienating players. He has no record for winning either.

I’ll give the guy a break because as a Chargers fan and season ticket holder, I have no choice. But... the negative criticism is deserved until proven other wise!

As a Chargers fan, I’m embarrassed (until proven it was the right decision) because any head coach would kill to have this team. That’s like Johnny Depp settling for Rosie O’Donnell.
    (If I used a hot chick settling for an ugly guy in this analogy... the answer would be “he's got money.”)

Thanks for the advice but no thanks. I don’t like gin and I have no sorrows to drown.
    Because as long as Norv is AJ’s yesman, the players will win it all, despite of the head coach!!
    :abq2: :abq1: :yes: :tup:

21. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    I do favor champaigne, myself. But then there's Hendrick's. But I digress. Even the best Bordeaux would be aged well enough to drink since anyone won for Davis, and Norval did as well as anyone under Snyder. Gibbs has been back for three years. Why criticize before the fact? How many singers kicked around in the middle of the charts before the grammys came a knockin'? Plenty of time for tar and feathers in November. Teams seldom get the chance to hire a former head coach with a proven record. Not many GM's get lucky enough run into a Parcells, or a Shula or a Corryell When they're ripe for the picking. Cowher's retired, so what head coaches would we have to pick from? You're left with college coaches, or the Gibbs types or guys like Norval, who just might thrive here. I didn't like Marty from the get go, but Norval gets my wait and see, and I have a lot more confidence at the outset with him than I did with Schottzy.

22. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    The guy's name says it all!! :icon_rofl:

Seriously, the article does have SOME valid points, but much of it is based upon the author's BS opinion. Bottom line - when we play like champions, we'll shut down this type of talk from all credible analysts. Hacks like Dum-*** will continue to spew crap.

My response to the author is "Sphincter says what?". :abq2: