1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

San Diego, county officials team up to find new home for Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Sep 15, 2006.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FireReich #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +853
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20060915-1224-bn15memo2.html

• Like Like x 1
  2. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    i really do hope that the Bolts Stay in San Diego because there is no need to force the Chargers into moving from San Diego. The charger's has a lot of fans in and around San Diego and it would be just stupid:tdown: :tdown:

STAY IN SAN DIEGO!!

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
  4. Critter

Critter BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    Good news.:icon_toast:

5. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    At least there's some talk. Now lets hope they follow it up with some action.

6. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    They are moving way too slow. No sense of urgency at all and we have 90 days left.

January 1st, I have a distinct feeling **** will hit the fan and the Chargers are not waiting for the county and city to form a joint authority which will appoint another advisory committee to oversee the ........... get the picture ?

Checkmate.....

I have to believe San Antonio will make a hard bid and then it may be all over unless San Diego pulls a rabbit out of their *** (no pun intended).

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Umm, are they stupid or what? Way to wait until 11:45pm to try to make it to the midnight show.

SD City officials are all fuggin' RETARDS.

8. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I had speculated this was nothing more than a way for the local governments to cover their asses as the team is heading out the door. :yes:

It is a way to say "hey we were trying right up to the last minute so don't blame us and blame the greedy Chargers".

The local governments are covering their assess from the anticipated backlash.

Fuc these asssholes.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,889
    they need to get their fingers out of hteir asses and get to work!

10. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    All the city needs to do is work with the Bolts for once instead of working against us!!

If it was the Padres instead of the chargers, this would have been sorted out ages ago

STAY IN SAN DIEGO:bolt: :bolt:

11. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,545
    I'll bet the team just ignores this latest ploy by the city and focuses on the only two valid sites: National City and Chula Vista. At least there has been some direct talk there.

12. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    THe Chargers should tell the city to go F themselves.

Just as long as they stay in the county, then I all for the Bolts giving Sanders and the rest of the idiot squad the big finger.

13. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    If I were the chargers I'd very probably stay away from san diego county with as many problems as they have right now. LIke you mentioned. Chula vista would be a sweet nice new home. My guess is national city is where they'll end up. Just seens odd that the head negotiator for the arizona stadium is their mayor now. I smell ringer with that. The nfl isn't a rich flourishing institution without having some smarts.

14. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654

The Chargers will be in San Antonio....January 1st, Chargers fans will get a nice goodbye present and we will probably be in the playoffs.

I can see the media now just grilling the local governments with a winning team yet no stadium deal is in place.