1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

San Diego fans, you've been suckered again

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by -Scar-, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    Same ol' story every offseason.

No impact free agents being signed.
    Not even a sign of the team in the same room as a major free agent

But leading up til the free agency you hear all about supposed "interests"

Only to see the GM sit on his hands and watch other teams get better by taking talent built up in San Diego.

This is your lot in life.

The organization is more concerned with how to make a profit and spend as little money as possible rather than building a contender that will keep the fans interested. Only to pocket your money and string you along as long as possible. Every 7-10 years you may get a little bit of a real buzz around the team but that is pure accident, not way of intention and planning.

As long as you're suckered into believing they want to change, they'll keep giving you the same product and the same excuses. Why? Because you've accepted it and tolerate it.

Am I talking about the Chargers or the Padres?

Is there a difference?

You decide.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    but we have an owner that is commited to winning the Super Bowl.

There is plan for all of this, you cant move a Super Bowl winning team out of town. So blow the team up, claim the fans are not supporting you and move to LA!

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. gettough

gettough BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    I like what this article says; http://letsgosandiego.blogspot.com/2012/03/time-is-now-aj.html

Unless AJ shocks everyone and signs Nicks, Williams or Grubbs, I think the auther of the article put it best...

"he'll most likely be unemployed at this time next year."

Then again Dean may give AJ an extension this week.

5. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    The Eagles bought everyone in sight last year, what did that do for them? I think I'll wait and see how it plays out.

• Like Like x 8
  6. gettough

gettough BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Its not about doing what the Eagles did last year, we have no left tackle, no strong safety, a lack of talent at outside linebacker and a right tackle that can't block an octogenerian woman. Why wasnt Gaither resigned today? Why dont we hear about AJ getting in touch with any free agents? How come Meachem and Williams are in Buffalo instead of San Diego? This is rediculous.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012...under-way-but-bolts-get-worse/?page=1#article

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    https://twitter.com/#!/UTKevinAcee/status/179784663869566976 until now!

8. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Meachem may be in Buffalo but he signed with us.

9. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Hells yea Another body. Lets go get a 3 mil a year #3 like Legs or Simpson or another 4 mil range #2/3 player.

10. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Was gonna say can we have the same luck with Mario, then I realized hes in Buff and IS going to reside there imo.

11. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Because all of that has to be addressed today, right?

Gaither is a free agent. HE gets to decide where he signs and when. Unless you give him an offer so ridiculous he has no need to look elsewhere, he is going to see what else is out there. As for A.J, I hadn't heard anything about Smith talking to Meacham until the signing was announced.

I know a lot of you have a hard-on to crucify A.J., but just for sh_ts and giggles, maybe take a deep breath and see how things play out.

• Like Like x 2
  12. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,378
    Oh, you mean like the last 6 years .............

When is "enough's enough" in your mind Lizzy ?

Asking for fans to take "another deep breath" is old news by now isn't it ?

I think I've seen enough of AJ's idea of "things playing out" mate ............he's done if he doesn't pull out a top flight FA in the very near future and I couldn't be happier to see the back of him.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    we have watched how things play out, for the last 6 years, when is it going to start?

14. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Just look on the bright side... we will be "rebuilding" soon.

15. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'm no AJ fan but I sure as hell won't slit my wrists over the VJ to Meacham swap.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    I still dont think half of the NFL teams' fans even know who is in their front office. WHY the F does it matter here? Oh yea thats right we have been told since 6 years ago that AJ Smith is a great GM... I dunno imo he is still top 16 active. AND I jus wish I never had to learn who he even was like half of the rest of the NFL fans.

Be a fan of the TEAM not the head of operations.... you dont see a AJ smith card in your Topps Card set do you?? CUS we aint cheering for the owner or manager. LETS cheer for the ones with the helmets on.

17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I believe the TEAM is composed of the entire organization. I praise or criticize whoever has an impact on the club's performance.

I think Scar is being a whiner but that doesn't negate his right, & reason, to be pissed at AJ.

It does make him spineless.

18. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I am sorry. This thread is bust a gut funny...

H8er has become B4L light since the speculations of the move, the 8-8 season and Raider fans costing him his seats.

Jacko and everyone else are pining that nothing has been done in for ever, and when is enough enough.

I have to laugh. The knee jerk, pitty me reactions of 'nothing has been done' is simply laughable. There is no light switch to switch things on and make everything better (though I would argue showing AJ the raod would be a good start). However all drafts are a gamble, and each year some 'unknown' shows up as a star. So to say nothing is being done is disengenuous at best. The Chargers have been enjoying the best decade in team history, you have gotten spoiled. That is a good thing, but when you let it cloud your judgement, you become whiners.

That is my opinion, continue the pitty fest.

• Like Like x 6
  19. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Hey CONC havent seen you since the frenzy started?? Been kinda quiet around here wout you... I guess you were just saving up all your spew for this one Uber-rant.

Well said. :tup:

20. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I have been trying to give up uber-rants for lint... But I cant find a rant rehab clinic so I relapse... ;)

• Like Like x 3
  21. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Let this be the last? Yea.. I cant even write that down wout crackin a Ear2ear smile lol.

Welcome to the party, Victor!!

22. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I guess some people continue to lick AJ's balls! The organization is going down the crapper one player at a time!

The Chargers have been enjoying the best decade in team history

And what have they won in the last 10 years? Every time I put my beach chair up downtown to save my spot for the Lombardi parade, the homeless people steal it and recycle it for the aluminum.

• Like Like x 1
  23. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    some people in here

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    H8er. Why dont you read what you are quoting. Your better than what your representing yourself with right now.

25. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I have, you just said the Chargers have been enjoying the best decade in team history. If you have accepted the fact that not winning anything except for some games and not any trophies is okay with you, then you have accepted mediocrity! Myself I want a Lombardi trophy, you can win one of those coming up from the Wild Card spots, so winning the AFC West does not have to be a goal. We have won the AFC West title many times in the last 10 years. The problem is we have not accomplished one thing since then. Yea one year we made it to the AFC Championships. But once again we failed miserably. We have failed every year in the last 10 years! I am tired of just going to the playoffs, I am a diehard fan and I will not give up until the ship has sunk. I will continue to be a SAN DIEGO CHARGERS fan until the day I die, and I don’t know how many days I have left on this planet so I need one of those Lombardi’s as quickly as possible.

The problem now resides within the front office; we have one that does not want to bring a Lombardi to San Diego! And it starts with an owner who is more into making money or saving money than bringing home trophies.

26. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Are they not? Come on, you are a'Die Hard Fan' which to read you posts of late seems to mean that you enjoy wallowing in a deep pit or angst and pitty. Are they enjoying their best season as a franchise? Come on, your a long time fan, you know the answer. What is it?

I respect you and like you man, but you are doing exactly what you complained B4L was doing.

It is OK with you too Mr. "DIE HARD FAN". In fact just below you talk about how you "will continue to be a SAN DIEGO CHARGERS fan until the day I die". Seems like you sir are accepting mediocrity. Are you really a hypocrit, or just so emothionally out of control right now that you dont know which way is up?

And? That is what every fan of every team wants.

So the answer is to give up? Dont play another game? The past dictates the future? OK, I will agree to disagree with you.

Again what is your answer, to give up? Go ahead, I wont.

OK... What is the point of this. I am tired of having to get up in the morning, but I have to keep doing it. However you do not have to keep backin the team YOU SIR CHOOSE TO CONTINUE TO BACK THE TEAM. Thus again, who is accepting mediocrity? If you say nothing is changing. Nothing is getting better, then your bitching and whining about it does nothing. If it is a foregone conclusion, yet you reamin here, you are acccepting mediocrity more than I am. Those are the facts of this situation.

Again, you say this with one breath and speak the total opposite in another. Your choice, your opinion. But when you start insulting others as "AJ ball lickers" even when those people do not care for AJ you are crossing lines.

There are a lot of problems and you do not KNOW what is going on anywhere at Chargers park, just as I dont. You are speculating and your attitude is coloring that speculation greatly.

27. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    I'm getting a kick out of this "the sky is falling" show as well. Does anyone realize that the besides the Bucs, the Chargers are the only team to sign two players listed on PFT's top 25 free agent list?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/the-free-agent-hot-100/

• Like Like x 1
  28. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072

You can try and spin it any which way you want but the bottom line is the Chargers are now a team that has fallen by the way side. You can try and tell me how good things were. Myself I am going to voice my frustration, I do not accept mediocrity. I am mad as hell at this Team! They are doing nothing to improve. They let real talent walk away and replace them with “SOMEONE”. We have a GM and a Head Coach that need a swift kick in the rear end as they walk out the door and change the locks after they leave! This team is not going anywhere except down with them at the helm! You can tell me how many games Norv has won, but has he won a Trophy as a Head Coach lately? I am still a fan and I am mad as hell! I am not going to look at the world through rosy colored glasses! None of us should be put through this hell again! Losing sucks, and that’s what we have here a team that does not want to win, they are okay with what they have now. I for one would love to be a fly on the wall when the news of Peyton signing with the Broncos hits AJ. With Peyton at Quarterback the Broncos just separated themselves from the rest of the AFC West.

29. gettough

gettough BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    It was funny that Meachem signed right after I made that post. lol.

But how exactly has the team gotten better. Vincent Jackson to Robert Meachem=downgrade. The offensive line is basically the same as it was at the end of last year, Clary is still the right tackle and he is a joke. Jarret Johnson had 2.5 sacks last year. I dont see it getting any better.

30. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Sacks are not the only thing to an OLB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.