1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

San Diego is the 6th most stressful city to live in

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChargerRay, Sep 19, 2008.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
  2. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Ray, if you go to the Forbes source article (link in the page you posted), you will see even Forbes was questioning itself - they used "Affordable Housing" as the prime whine thang followed by fuel prices:

At No. 6, San Diego was the most unexpected city on our list. How could a laid-back beach town be stressful? Well, it's got the fifth least affordable housing of the 40 major metro areas surveyed, a 6.4% unemployment rate and car-happy residents paying $3.81 for a gallon of gas. But, they don’t let those numbers get them down. Pleasant weather and beautiful beaches contribute to a serotonin-soaked attitude that appears to take the edge off of tough times.

Looks more like they should have said "most stressful to move into" or some such. For those of us who have been established here for many years now - it is simply great. I live where other people pay good money to travel for a week or two on "vacation". If you are financially stable and retired here it is absolutely GREAT!!! :icon_toast:

3. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Well, I'll never be financially stable OR retired from the look of things........but I'd move back to SD in a heartbeat if I could, stress or no stress.

Hell, even if you're homeless, you can live outdoors for at least nine months out of the year without freezing your patootie off! Can't say that about many places, including my part of the U.S.

4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I should be so stressed for the rest of my life :icon_eek: :abq1:

5. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    I guess they have never been in a traffic jam trying to get to the beach, only to find out that there are no parking spots!

6. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    True. I'm beginning to think they should just put an orange construction cone over the entire map of the county. Seems like road construction is EVERYWHERE.

7. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    :icon_toast: