1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

San Diego Raiders?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by HollywoodLeo, Nov 12, 2015.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
  2. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,024
  3. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +301
    Keep that filth out of San Diego!

4. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    IF (still doubt it happens) the Chargers are approved to move to LA and bails on us loyal fans and the Raiders move here, I'm becoming a Raider fan.

5. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Really Ray?... it hasn't got that bad has it?

6. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +301
    That's like saying if you get the chicken pox, you are going to roll around in dog manure.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    I've been displaying my sarcasm on facebook and offline.

I have no real insight on why the team is struggling outside of being a walking M*A*S*H* unit and prefer to avoid cynicism, even when deserved. :roflmao:

8. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,024
    Maybe we just have to do that just to get rid of you :p

9. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Anyway, IF the Chargers move I actually kind of hope this happens.

I've always wondered what I'd do if I kept rooting for the LA Chargers or some other team in the event they strip their identity (which I doubt would happen, but if...) but then San Diego suddenly got another team.

This move would ensure that I stay loyal to the LA Chargers or whomever else and eliminate any chance of uncertainty.

(Of course, above all else, I prefer the Chargers remain the "San Diego Chargers" but I'm talking about the hypothetical scenario where they don't)

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I'd welcome the Raider's in San Diego, as back in the day all AFL fans never rooted for a NFL team and never will.

11. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    So if the Raiders move to San Diego, does that mean we as loyal SD fans can inherit the ridiculous "We have 3 rings argument" whenever LA Chargers fans (few though there will be) start talking smack? :confused:

I'm starting to feel like a "winner" already.:cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,024
    The trophy case will go wherever the team moves to and anyone who becomes a fan inherits their treasures / baggage ;)

13. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,024
    As long as the Spanoses own the team, the stench of ineptitude will continue. Hopefully Iger will persuade them to sell and eff off for good at some point, but doubtful.

I will not support a Spanos owned LA Chargers and I have no motivation to adopt a new team, if / when one is relocated to 'Diego.

14. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I just can't get my head wrapped around the idea of buying and WEARING something silver and black.

If the city could keep the Chargers name like Cleveland kept the Browns name, I'll get on board for sure.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. ZapCannon

ZapCannon Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    it'd be an interesting era seeing a bunch of california 'passing teams' in rivalry and a freshly relocated phillip rivers in Los Angeles.

I'd rather see the team in Oregon or something i don't know

I would of been going maximum batdad on a raiders fan if I was at that last game lol

16. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +867
    I'm a San Diego supporter. If they leave and we don't have a team maybe I'll still be a fan of theirs. But the moment we get one Jags, Raiders, whatever I will be a fan of that team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Not that I disagree with you about the Spanos, but I can't support dropping my loyalty because of inept ownership. I'm a fan of sports teams, not sports owners.

If that means I'm stuck with inept ownership that sucks, but that's part of being a fan.

I can understand dropping the team if they move and you're tied to the city they move from, but I'm personally not attached to San Diego to that degree having moved around my entire life.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    That'd be an interesting proposition.

I can wear a Chargers Carr and Cooper jersey.

Imagine a scenario, though, where they switch names like that and the current "Raiders" team continues on the upward trend while the current "Chargers" team continues on the current downward spiral, but they do so under each other's former banner keeping with the continued ineptitude of "Raiders" football. :roflmao:

19. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,024
    Everyone will have a personal decision to make, should they move to LA which IMO gathered a lot more clout since Bob Iger came on board. Personally speaking, at 52 YO I no longer have the desire or the motivation to dedicate 16+ gamedays toward a new team in SD. However for the youngins, I also understand their desire to either latch onto a new team or ride along with the old flame. Honestly, the NFL is no where as enjoyable without the crazy emotional basket case of being a zealot fan ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Whats really interesting is that we know The Spanai desire more than anything to not only take the LA market, but bring a lot of current San Diego fans with them. These comments by Davis are represent a clear threat to that pie in the sky desire.

It makes me wonder if the relationship between Davis and The Spanai is close to a break, like maybe he knows the NFL doesn't want the Raiders in LA, and now he's sending a message the Chargers better not back out.

21. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,725
  22. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I will watch paint dry and the grass grow. I will count ants at Sunset Cliffs. I will watch the replays from the 1956 Geriatric Synchronized Swimming Championships. On Sundays I can always drive around looking for a traffic jam to get into. I have never pulled for the Raiders to win one game. I always cheered for the other team to lose.

On the other hand every team I root for never wins anything, I threatened a couple of Steeler fans with this and I was told I was not welcome.

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    NOOOOO!!!!!!! Don't do it Ray!!!! Use the force!!!!!! tmp_26880-Darth Rayder1663957581.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,725
    Without the Rayders, most leather and fetish shops would be out of business...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    and King Stahlman

27. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +867
    Haha..just hoping the Chargers don't leave. That way I stay on the light side of the force.

• Like Like x 1
  28. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    I can not support the Raiders. I don't even have the that blind hate most bolt fans do. Still I'll feel messed up rooting for only rival.

29. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    If Spanos takes a sh*t on the city and they become the L.A. Chargers it's all over for me. Never have liked L.A. teams and their obnoxious, front running fans. I don't know if I could become a San Diego Raiders fan though, I think I'll just be a free agent fan who supports whatever players are on my fantasy teams, and whatever teams can win me money in pools.

30. ZapCannon

ZapCannon Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I need to hit those pools