1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

San Fran Media being a little cocky coming into the game....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LaDeezie21, Oct 13, 2006.

1. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    It's easy for people to look them and say they're the among the league's best. After all, they possess the top-ranked defense (allowing a paltry 204.5 total yards per game) and they have two of the best players in all of football (LaDainian Tomlinson and Antonio Gates) lining up for them every single play. But are they really as good as people think, or is the Kansas State Paradigm in full effect?

Let me explain. Back in the late '90s, the Kansas State football team would load up its schedule with patsies and absolutely destroy them before conference play. The fact that the Wildcats' first four games were against juggernauts such as Northern Iowa, UTEP, Idaho and Utah State was overlooked by many casual fans, and people tended to rate them higher than they deserved.

You see, when a team beats up on weaker squads the first few games of a season, people eventually start taking it entirely too seriously and judge on stats rather than the quality of opponents. San Diego has done just that. Its three victories have come at the expense of the Oakland Raiders , the Tennessee Titans and the Pittsburgh Steelers . These three teams are a combined 1-12.

Meanwhile, in the one game they played against a team with a winning record, the Chargers were defeated 16-13 at the hands of the Baltimore Ravens . Furthermore, as the season goes on, it's becoming more and more obvious that the Chargers are not as good as some people thought.

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/10/49ers-chargers-preview131006.html

Give me a break!! Is this guy serious? Look I'm not one to ever expect the bolts to destroy another team but I'll be pretty shocked if they lose this week against the niners. really. The guy doesn't mention LT or Turner and makes it look like we've been playing pop warner teams. I love how he calls the Chiefs "scrappy" and also doesn't deduct points from the 9ers when he mentions that they beat the Raiders.

Yeah sure this defense hasn't played any good offenses. I guess this guy didn't watch the Indy game last year.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Keep believing that and lets see what happens

3. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Prison sex. That's what's coming. A straight *** raping.

4. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    HAHAHAHAHAHA oh man that made me laguh.

5. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    This guy must have left his keyboard open for a few minutes and some mischievous teenager posted his article. Because there is no way in hell a true fan of the sport or supposed professional sports writer would belittle the intensity and talent we have. what a joke read. next week he can post a similar story.

the chargers (4-1) have yet to play anyone.

oh and unlike k state we dont get to pick our schedule. this league is made up of 32 teams that have 53 of the best football players on earth. we just so happen to have a much better squad than most. this guys a ***** and should avoid staying out at the blue oyster bar too late on nights before work.

6. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Exactly!! I've seen some homerism in my day but this guy is way out there.

I used to love the niners when I was a kid ('till I moved to san diego) and always rooted for them but now I really hope the Bolts really hand them their asses.

7. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    I want 50 pts in this game damnit - REVENGE for Super Bowl XXIX ... :icon_evil:

8. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Fuq'um, let'um flap!!

9. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Yeah, Arizona was a game they "should have won", but no mention of how we gave the Ravens game away. :icon_shrug:

I'm calling it right now, our front seven is gonna pummel Alex Smith, they'll be playing Trent Dilfer by the 4th quarter. :yes:

10. ChargersNguyen

ChargersNguyen BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    That was the dumbest article I've ever read

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    This is from Crafty on the SDUT forum, I double checked and confirmed it with a friend of mine in Vegas. Alex Smith is a dead man walking!:icon_evil:

This was on a radio interview here in Vegas, so there's no link, but Alex Smith was on for a couple of minutes to talk about the Chargers game. For the most part, he was respectful, saying all the usual crap, but a couple of things stood out to me. First and foremost, he really downplayed our front 7, saying that Merriman "quits on some plays" and seemed "soft" when you look at tape from this year's games. He also said that Jamal Williams was "too slow" to catch him, and that Shaun Phillips made "amateur mistakes". He doesn't think anyone in our secondary can cover Antonio Bryant, and he thinks Gore is the best rb we've faced this year "by far." He wouldn't predict a final score, but he said that the 49ers would "surprise some people".

12. ChargersNguyen

Ratings:
    +16
    I never liked Alex Smith and that's just more reason to dislike him

13. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    That article's a joke. Pittsburgh might be 1-3, but they are still a very good team. They completely outplayed Cincy and lost because of two horrible unforced errors. They lost to J'ville when Big Ben came back too sone from an appendectomy and absolutely stunk it up.

For all but about ten minutes of the season, the Bolts' defense has been dominant. We might have given up 200+ yards against Tennessee, but it was 33-0 before Tenn. had more than 50 yards of total offense.

In each of our four games, we have held our opponent to under 50 yards in a half. That's amazing.

Oh, and notice how the writer makes no mention of the Niners' horrible defense. If we put up 23 on Pittsburgh's stout defense, how many points are we going to roll up on SF? Unless we come out completely flat, we should score 35+ in this game.

14. ChargersNguyen

Ratings:
    +16
    I'm gonna have to change my prediction, SD 44 SF 3

15. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288

Welcome to the big leagues Alex... :icon_mrgreen:

16. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    The people on the radio up here a worried about our front 7. They are fearing that even if they play a perfect game against Shawne, they get crushed by everyone else.

Anyway, this article is just stupid stuff that people throw out there to try and pretend they have some sort of genius insight that allows them to see things others don't. It's like going against common sense and logic just to be different. Everyone knows the Chargers are miles ahead of the niners, so this douche goes the other way to try to pretend that he's smarter than everyone else.

But he's wrong, and it's painfully obvious to everyone when you read lines like "If they can protect Alex Smith, avoid turnovers, and put together a few long drives, they will win this game." Well, no ****. Unfortunatly, they haven't done that all year, don't appear to be able to start doing that, and even if they did, we still have a little offensive firepower of our own to throw out there. It's like saying, "If the niners can control the game, keep the chargers to 3 and out on every single series, score 5 touchdowns, not turn the ball over once, punt the chargers against their own goal line, shoot Rivers, LT, Gates, Shawne, Williams and a few more, put poison in their food, blow up their hotel and hope they forfiet the game, then the niners have a chance to win." It's stupid.

O, and one reason why teams like the Raiders and Titans are ranked so low in offense and defense is because they played the Chargers who brutalized them. Every team we face should fall in stats after we are done with them. This is how you move to the top in the NFL. What a dumbass. This logic is so retarded. The chargers shutout the raiders, so the raiders have the worst offense. Yes, that's because we shut them out! No **** they have the worst offense. We made it happen. The niners let them run up a few points right. So what does that say about the niner D? It says they can't even stop the worst offense in the entire nfl! Yeah, I thought so.

Thomas Sorrell, you are a sad pathetic desparate excuse for a sports anylist. Go fire yourself.

17. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I say we email him on Monday and tell him how good the 9ers are.....after the bolts whipe their asses with them...

18. Critter

Critter BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    That is a fan site and fans write those articles.

That is not a paid professional sports journalist.

Not that it would matter, most of those are also dumb as a box of rocks.

19. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Hey San Fransisco,
    [​IMG]

20. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    here's what their fans are saying...

http://49ers.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=16997

21. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
  22. anger management

anger management Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Vintage BDH.

Good to see you're in midseason form my friend.

Glad you’re going to represent your Charger brothers that couldn’t make it up there this weekend.

:bolt:

23. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Read the entire thread, Crafty admitted to making this up. No way Alex Smith is dumb enough to put up this kind of BB matierail.

24. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I think Post was trying to re-ignite the rumor, hoping it would spread to Merriman and the boys.

25. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    :yes:

Some foolish caller was on the local sports radio talking how the Chargers are overrated and Gore is going to run on us.

The radio guys threw a dose of reality on him. I thought one of them was going to laugh for a minute. Atleast the myopia is not running rampant in the "real" media.

26. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    It would be one thing IF we just beat Oakland and Tenn. But we DESTROYED them. We also beat Baltimore (execpt the score) and just finished off Pitt.

This is what good teams do. I think I read one article this week that said SF isn't in the same league as the Chargers, time to prove it!

27. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Fuc this prick. Alex Smith goes to IR.

28. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    They are just trying to boost the ratings on the game. Nobody want to tune into a blowout, but thats exactly what its gonna be.
    This guy is full of **** just like everyone else in the media.

29. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    I won't be tuning in for this game. I am gonna see this mutha LIVE! :icon_banana: :icon_toast: :icon_banana:

30. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I'm jealous, you guys are going to kick *** and take names. :tup:

We'll be looking for you on the tube... in HD. :tup: