1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

San Franciso vs. Denver Preseason game

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Aggieman, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    HALFTIME REPORT

Denver:
    I know this is Preseason but the Broncos are freaking awful. They've got Knowshon Moreno out there looking like he's ready to bust huge but he gets nothing from their POS offensive line. Denver will have a weak running game no matter who is back there.

Then for the pass attack, McDaniel's specialty, they don't help at all. The 49ers defense has certainly improved but Denver appears to be aiding them in getting penetration. It's almost as if they're still trying to collapse everything with Orton back there.
    This has Orton throwing incredibly weak balls to and even in shotgun, he doesn't have the time to actually find his reads and get the ball out safely to the WRs. At this point he has no less than 3 INTs and looks not only lost, but utterly disparaged.

Their defense still looks like typical Denver defense even though they're in 3-4. They're terrible against the pass even though they are putting pressure on the Niners especially coming with all kinds of different looks. However, it isn't translating

San Francisco:
    The offense still looks lost but they still aren't sure who's even going to be at the helm. Plus Denver is playing around with their looks and blitzing from different angles which can't be helping. However, the offensive line is reacting rather well on certain looks which is giving Hill and Smith time to actually make some gains.
    The Broncos aren't really stopping them on the run and the draw seems to be providing a good basis for their running attack and this is just Glen Coffee. In other words, good marks for the 49er rush offense.

Their defense is not Niner-like. It's fierce like it was at the end of 2008 and impressive if I say so myself. Dre Bly appears to be one hell of a good pickup and if they continue to overwhelm Denver's O line there is no reason to believe that they can't dictate this game. The attack up front is actually translating very well even though there aren't any sacks but there are three INTs in this half alone.

2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Orton was HORRIBLE. Threw 3 picks in the first half.

Now word out of Denver is that Moreno has a "leg injury". I watched the game on NFL Network and saw when Moreno got hurt. He was sort of limping around after a play. He kept looking at the sidelines, but he wasn't pulled out of the game. A play or two later, he was out of the game.

NFL Network quoted KOA radio out of Denver that Moreno has a sprained knee and will have an MRI.

3. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    That really sucks because I saw a good, smart RB out there with not enough help from the offensive line. Denver managed to do a lot better getting favorable match-ups with the 2nd string team, lol.

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Denver will limp into the AFCW cellar this year.

I love it. :tup: