1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"Save the Chargers" Rally POSTPONED!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by rexy2006, May 18, 2006.

1. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    June 23: "Save the Chargers" Rally

Mark Your Calendars!

:icon_banana: There will be a "Save the Chargers" Rally in the Embarcadero in San Diego on Friday, June 23rd.

Event sponsored by the Mighty XX 1090 AM/105.7 FM.

Will post more info. once announced.

2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467

This is great that 1090 is doing something to keep the Chargers here. I know I'm going to try to be there. Lets get a show of support for keeping the Chargers in San Diego. :tup:

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632

I'll be htere in my Donnie Edwards jersey :icon_rofl:

4. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842

I need to verify this, but I heard a bit more information this morning on 1090, regarding the Charger rally. This is the facts, according to Scott:

The Time is 4-6pm.

Appearing will be Charger players and cheerleaders.

Food and drinks will be available.

I'd like to see this written somewhere on their website before making it official and putting it on the calendar.

Not that I dont trust Scott or anything...:icon_mrgreen:

• Like Like x 1
  5. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842

Here's the FINAL information on the upcoming Save the Chargers' Rally:

From 4-6pm we will host the biggest tailgate San Diego has ever seen at the Embarcadero to keep our beloved Chargers and Aztecs in San Diego. We will have appearances by current and former Chargers Players as well as current and former Aztecs players and prominant alumni. We will let those in charge know we mean business and that we're not going to let them ignore us anymore. Keeping the Chargers and Aztecs in San Diego also means we'll be able to keep the Poinsettia Bowl and the Holiday Bowl, bet we'll get the Super Bowl to return to our fair city. Stand up and be counted and show up on June 23rd at the Embarcadero. Someone will win a trip to Oakland for the Chargers Season opener, and we'll be giving away many other prizes. The Charger Girls will be there and we'll have rides for the kids.
    [​IMG]

6. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    The "Save the Chargers Rally" has been postponed until September 14th to ensure all the current Chargers will be a part of it.

This info was taken directly from the XX Sports Radio website.

7. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467

RALLY CHANGE!
    I just heard on the dub XX, that the rally has been changed. The Chargers Organization wants to get behind this rally, but can't on June 23rd. They have rescheduled the Rally for Sept. 14th. Also Wells Fargo has printed up free stickers to support the Rally. The stickers should be available at any Wells Fargo starting next week and the double XX would like all of the fans to put one of these stickers on your car to show support for keeping the Chargers here in San Diego and to show support for the Spet. 14th Rally.

8. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842

I started a thread with the same information, except XX didnt have the sticker info. on their website last night.:)

I also deleted the rally from the June calendar and placed it on the September calendar.:)

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632

Sept 14? WTH????:icon_huh:

10. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467

On the double XX they said hopefully there will be some good news to announce at that time.

11. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467

I just merged the two threads and made sure this new thread was a sticky thread! :icon_mrgreen: