1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Say It Ain't So! Another Charger Involved In Bar Brawl

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    San Diego Charger Suspected in Pacific Beach Bar Fight

Last Update: 7:46 am

PACIFIC BEACH - A 20-year-old man was hospitalized following a fist fight in a Pacific Beach parking lot early Monday that may have involved San Diego Charger Legedu Naanee, police said.

The fight at Cass and Hornblend streets was reported around 2:15 a.m., according to San Diego police Officer Dino Delimitros.

It was not immediately clear whether the man's injuries were life- threatening.

Three black males, possibly including Naanee, were seen running from the scene, Delimitros said, adding that only one was believed to be involved in the actual fight.

Pointy :bolt:

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,415
    If he's well enough to fight he should be well enough to play.

3. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    Not good. Let's wait to see what all comes out of this..

4. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Legadu was pacing up and down the sidelines without a helmet for most of the game. He's probably bummed that VJ is back and it probably drove him to drinking...

5. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    Not three males...but three black males were seen running from the scene. Why is the pigment in someone's skin relevant in these reports? Would it had made any difference if it just said..."Three males, possibly including Naanee, were seen running from the scene..."?
    No racism in journalism? Wait, let me do them one better..."Three black males, one with braids and wearing a Naanee jersey, were seen fleeing the crime scene, possibly brandishing guns in an apparent drug deal gone bad, Delimitros said, adding that they were all likely involved in the brutal beating of the 20-year-old man whose name nor skin color will be revealed because it really isn't relevant in these vague reports, now is it...

6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The cops probably left out a few important facts such as the brother with the dread locks wearing Bolt gear clocked a 4.4 40 yard dash and ran a post route while never losing sight of the guys with the guns. I heard the dude was also yelling "Split Right Razor Zoom 80" as he hauled as.s.

Little thngs like that and being black are clues to the mystery.

7. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Damn say it aint so is right. ;/

8. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    They should shoot him in the Leg.

9. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    How can Nanee run from the scene if he has a Hamstring injury? Also wh the he'll would he wear his own jersey out to a bar?

10. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I am pretty sure the comment about the guy wearing a Naanee jersey was sarcasm

11. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Yeah, way to be nursing that hammy back in shape legoland. Short week this week and the dude is out partying.

12. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    How can you tell what color a person is at 2:45am unless you're with them or right next to them?

13. gsxr

gsxr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    hey, I look like...

Leggs when I let my hair grow and lay out in the sun a few days. Sounds like a setup to distract from the task at hand (beat the 9ers). Who reported this? Wearing a jersey?!? At a club?!? I'm sure Leggs has enough money to get a stylin' out fit for clubbing (pun not intended). :confused:

14. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,733
    It was reported on San Diego Channel 6 news, just check out their website.

15. gsxr

gsxr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    The short article said 'possibly' guess we'll have to wait on the rest of the story. Don't know the guy personally but he did handle himself well at the preseason practices and at the games. Well hope it's a crock and just a mistaken cop.

16. mainstayjames

mainstayjames BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    The latest via Twitter:

Statement from #Chargers Legedu Naanee: "I was not involved in nor did I witness a fight or altercation of any kind Sunday night. Period."

17. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Sure.... we believe you.

18. mainstayjames

mainstayjames BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Hope he's telling the truth... or else he's getting shipped of to Buffalo like someone else we used to know.

19. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Might be getting shipped off to jail.

20. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    Im sure he was just getting a late night taco

21. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I'm sure you didn't believe Cro either last year when the whole "bottle throwing" incident was reported, but he was not charged. Just because there was a fight at a club and a Charger player was present doesn't mean the player was involved. As far as I know, Legs has never been involved in anything like this before, so I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

22. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Chargers' Naanee denies role in PB brawl

By Kristina Davis and Kevin Acee

Originally published December 13, 2010 at 8:20 a.m., updated December 13, 2010 at 7:05 p.m.

PACIFIC BEACH — Kristina Davis &

Kevin Acee • u-t

Pacific Beach

A 21-year-old El Cajon man was hospitalized with serious head trauma following a street fight outside a Pacific Beach nightclub early Monday, and police were working to question several people possibly involved, including at least one Chargers player.

Witnesses placed Chargers wide receiver Legedu Naanee at the scene of the 2 a.m. brawl, San Diego police said. Naanee, who confirmed he was at Bar West after the team’s win Sunday over the Kansas City Chiefs, denied any involvement in the scuffle.

“I don’t know how my name came up in it,” Naanee said after practice Monday afternoon. “But I was (at the bar). I didn’t see the fight.”

Police were working with Chargers officials to set up an interview. Naanee said he went to Bar West with friends, and other Chargers players who he declined to name were also there that night.

“I didn’t see the fight so I’m not sure who was in the fight,” Naanee said.

At least a half dozen people were believed to have been involved in the melee near Bar West, a club at Hornblend and Cass streets, police said.

“We don’t have enough information at this point to really determine with any degree of certainty what happened,” police Capt. Chris Ball said. “Everyone is giving us completely different descriptions of what occurred and the challenge for us is to wade through that.”

When police officers arrived at the scene, several people scattered, and officers found the unconscious man in the street. The victim, who suffered facial and head injuries, was in a medically induced coma at a hospital, police said. His name has not been released.

Medical staff told police that it was unclear if his injuries were sustained from punches or from falling to the ground, police Lt. Jerry Mills said.

Investigators expect to continue doing interviews Tuesday and were working to locate any surveillance cameras that may have recorded the incident.

Chargers officials said they are looking into the reports that a player was involved.

Naanee, 27, is in his fourth season with the Chargers. He had 11 catches in the Chargers’ first four games but suffered a hamstring injury Oct. 10against Oakland and missed the next five games. He returned Nov. 28 against Indianapolis and had three catches, but after making one catch the following week against Oakland, he reinjured his hamstring. He did not play Sunday against Kansas City.

The altercation took place not far from Bar West where last November former Chargers cornerback Antonio Cromartie was accused of hitting a man on the head with a bottle. No charges were filed and police determined that there was no evidence that a crime occurred.

Anyone who witnessed Monday’s fight is asked to call the police department’s Northern Division at (858) 552-1700.

23. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Legadu ...... your mom is watching you ..... be good or else mommy will whoop your as.s.

24. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    Seriously? The report mentioned their skin color because they were reportedly black guys. If they were white guys and the report mentioned that 3 white males or latino males of fuckn green martian males, what's the problem?

25. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    @ HEXDBOLT I'm pretty sure when someone beats your Azz, you know what their skin color is. Just sayin

26. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    That's not how it works most of the time.

I doubt Legs was involved, probably some douche trying to get his 20 seconds of fame.

27. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Legs get the benifit of the doubt. No reason not to believe him in my opinion. I do wish Charger players would stay away from that Bar...you are obviously a target. Must be a Raturd fan Bar...too many Bolts are getting in trouble there.

28. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276

WTF already! I got to say I'm glad the eyewitnesses mentioned they were black... that sort of helps out when you're trying to ID the three dudes who bashed this guys brains in. I mean really how helpful would it have been for the witnesses to say... "Uh yea they were three dudes but I'm not gonna mention what color they were- I mean that's really not important is it?. Sorry officer, but that's not how I roll."

Really now... at least we know it wasn't Rivers, Hester and Kaeding.

29. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    I suggest we maintain innocence until proven guilty, there's too little information and too much insinuation

30. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Exactly. The man has done absolutely nothing to suggest otherwise, not even on the field.