1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Schottenheimer, Hunt hold each other in high regard

Discussion in 'Latest Chargers News & Headlines' started by robdog, Oct 27, 2005.

1. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    <blockquote>Source: North County Times

By Jay Paris

SAN DIEGO ---- Chargers coach Marty Schottenheimer can't hide it. Neither can Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt.

Schottenheimer made such a mark in his 10-year tenure as Kansas City's head coach that a Chargers-Chiefs game is always special to both men.

"Lamar Hunt is certainly in my Hall of Fame,'' said Schottenheimer, whose team faces the Chiefs on Sunday. "I find him to be one of the most finest individuals I've ever known in my lifetime.''

Hunt is a member of eight sports and business Halls of Fame. But among the reasons the Chiefs became such a famous NFL team was Schottenheimer's work from 1989-98, a stretch which included seven playoff appearances and a regular-season mark of 101-58-1.</blockquote>
    <a href="http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2005/10/27/sports/professional/chargers/21_40_2010_26_05.txt" target="_blank"><strong>
    Article link</strong></a>