1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Schottenheimer isn't giving up on the San Diego Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Are you !!!

Marty Schottenheimer is an optimist by nature, a man who largely has relied on the power of positive thinking in winning 200 regular-season games over 21 seasons. So it's not surprising that, as miserably as the team he coached to a 14-2 record in 2006 has looked thus far under his successor Norv Turner, Schottenheimer isn't giving up on the San Diego Chargers in 2007.
    "I really think that they'll be OK," Schottenheimer said Tuesday from his home in Charlotte, N.C. "It's a good football team, and they've only played three games. The margin between winning and losing is so small; that's what makes the NFL so great. It's a long season, and I really do think they'll get it together."
    I think Marty was holding laughter inside as he said this, mindful that the man who fired him, general manager A.J. Smith, is getting his comeuppance on a weekly basis. But if Schottenheimer truly is sincere in this belief, then like fictional San Diego newscaster Ron Burgundy, I must humbly suggest that we agree to disagree.
    Right now, they're atrocious.

Never give up...............................

2. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    This is essentially the same team as last year and the team is not atrocious, just the game plans thus far, and the lack of original thinking by the coaching staff, despite the hightly touted innovations, tweeks and new wrinkles that were bandied about since the mini camps.

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    What else would you expect him to say?

Though I'm sure he'd like to see good things happen for the players. Just not for AJ.

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

QFE

:tup: :tup: :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Michael Silver is an asshat. We lose a close game to an undefeated teamon the road, and we're "actrocious"? That makes absolutely no sense.

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Anyone else think it's kinda fuk'd up to be interviewing Marty about the team that fired him? And honestly, do we even care what MS has to say about it?

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
  8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    i don't care what Marty thinks about our Bolts, in fact, I don't give a **** what anyone else thinks. I know, I will be a Bolt fan no matter how bad it gets. God willing and the River don't rise, I'll see a Lombardi in San Diego. :bolt:

9. twilight15

twilight15 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    I think that it's stupid that, after just three games, people are already saying the Chargers suck and won't get better. Just sit back and wait! Three games! Wait till it's been 8-9 games to actually say that they suck!

10. dmercado70

dmercado70 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    i think being under contract .. he will not be able to say jack sh-it !! dont get me wrong i believe a snafu has been yet to be delt with .. Marty will probably write a tell all book that will lead to the questions we/myself has been looking for !!!

so what if i liked him as our head coach !?! :icon_twisted:

moving on .. i dont plan on giving up so lets just slam this door shut and make sure we introduce smash mouth football to the entire National Football League !!!

:bolt: :icon_twisted: :bolt:

===================================================
    the earth will quake as the heavens reign above the charger blue skies !!!

11. dmercado70

dmercado70 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    i think being under contract .. he will not be able to say jack sh-it !! dont get me wrong i believe a snafu has been yet to be delt with .. Marty will probably write a tell all book that will lead to the questions we/myself has been looking for !!!

so what if i liked him as our head coach !?! :icon_twisted:

moving on .. i dont plan on giving up so lets just slam this door shut and make sure we introduce smash mouth football to the entire National Football League !!!

:bolt: :icon_twisted: :bolt:

===================================================
    the earth will quake as the heavens reign above the charger blue skies !!!

12. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    This is exactly what Marty envisioned when he finally got his walking papers. He got in his car, smiled, and made one wish: "Please, God... let Gawd's team stumble, fall, and trip all over themselves so that I may be seen as a Martyr... Yeah... Marty the Martyr... I kinda' like the sound of that!!"

Fuc Marty. He's a doosh.

13. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Fiction based on fact.:icon_shrug:

14. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I bet he smiled the same way when he poured salt on snails when he was a kid.

15. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    I'm not giving up either.

I still believe in a place called Hope. :bolt:

16. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Marty's a sour old shiitbag

17. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    :icon_eek:

18. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    :yes:
    [​IMG]

19. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Maybe AJ can hire him as the special assistant to the Head Coach, in charge of Rah-Rah speeches?:icon_shrug:

20. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Dude... look at the way he's eyeing that corndog. Mutherfukker ain't fit to run a concession stand!!!

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Alls the has to do is say "Gleam", "Paraful", "one game at a time" and shite like that...

22. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Who gives a rat's *** what Marty has to say? He can give his tired old rah-rah speeches to his grandkids now. And Michael Silver?? :icon_rofl: