1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Kaplan Fired before...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fouts, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +349
  2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Once a douchebag .....

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Not extreemly surprised. He seems to have been trying to push the envelope of late. Dont know if it was to show his moxy, or just that he could not think before talking...

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Maybe he's trying to imitate Newt. :rolleyes:

5. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    you're supposed to think BEFORE you talk, since when?

6. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,403
    Can't say he'll be missed........ Now, can we do something about Darren Smith and Hacksaw? ;)

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    I'll miss BR, he's a great guy through and through, one of the first guests we had on the podcast. He'll probably end up with Fox Sports SD or something

Kaplan was just annoying - I didn't bother listening to the show much

• Like Like x 1
  8. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Dont ask me... It is not a skill I have developed.

9. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,378
    Thanks for that reminder Captain Obvious !!!! ;) :D

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    :oops:

11. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +349
    I actually liked their show opposed to anything else at that time. Dan Patrick is obviously good, but I like local sports, especially (actually only) during NFL season. Scott was obnoxious at times, but they are better than anyone else on that station. Hacksaw is desperate for callers, and Darren is a snore festival, the coach while nice, put me to sleep this morning.

I'd like to see Josh and Charrod leave 1360 for 1090 AM show. :D

12. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
  13. jeffhanson1

jeffhanson1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Kaplan clearly has issues with women not to mention sounding like a womanizer. After the 2001 incident in which a woman sued him and Clearchannel, it's also XX1090 management's fault for still thinking it was OK to hire him.

The other issue is first XX1090 management said the latest incident had been handled internally. So they didn't fire him because they knew he was wrong. They fired him because of mounting pressure and media coverage.

14. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Made my day! Now I can hear local sports in the morning without having to put up with that immature jerk. I could picture AJ lighting up a big 'ol stogie and grinning ear to ear at the news.

15. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    I rarely listened to the 'scott&br show'. But yer man Kaplan gave me a pain. BR didn't seem to make any impact for me, laughing at Kaplan's jokes etc.

I'm surprised to hear the negatives about the Darren Smith show. I listen to it lots. I like that he gets good guests on, seems he is the only one who gets AJ for example.

16. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    I actually like Darren but he's definitely a baseball guy who has decent knowledge of football. Padre time rolls around he's definitely the guy to listen to. His interviews are also great. I actually like both XX1090 & 1360's afternoon/evening shows (World of Sports & the Drive are very entertaining, Smith is good and I like the Coach)

17. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I also like Darren, he gives a leveled perspective, doesn't go nuts on small issues

18. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Dave and Jeff are in the AM spot now on 1090 and they're talking to AJ live right now :D

F-You's of the day return! Very, VERY happy to have local sports talk radio I can stand to listen to in the AM again.

I'm a fan of TWoS (Ello/Higgins), Ellos rubs people the wrong way sometimes but he's a good dude (I might be slightly bias b/c he always reads my emails on air). Josh and Charod are fun during the drive, depending on who they have on or what they're discussing I'll switch back and forth between them and DSmith in the afternoons.

19. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +349
    Darren Smith does good interviews, but his voice is nasaly, and he needs a partner, or something, because on any issue he belabors the point ad naseum.

20. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    I'd like to see Marty get more involved.. maybe not in phone interviews with players, coaches and media types as that should be 1 to 1 for me. But Marty and Darren need to chat with each other more.

21. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I agree. Darren is the only quality show on that entire station. Scott and BR were good for the 1st few years, but they got old, especially the last few years when they couldn't just talk about how great the Chargers were. Scott turned into a hater, and BR did nothing but make excuses. Neither of them approached it with a rational approach