1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Scouts INC actually gives THE CHARGERS the advantage in a few areas

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Jan 16, 2008.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
  2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    To continue reading this article you must be an Insider.

:unsure:

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I can't copy the whole article but I will state this much

QB - Brady's in another world, I can't deny this
    RB - Same logic as above for LT
    WR - Just too many weapons on the Pats including Washington, Stallworth, Gaffney but gives Chargers credit that are playing better
    TE - Only talks about Gates but we have advantage solely assuming Gates is healthy. W/o that its push.
    OL - Patriots the best but the Chargers right up there with them
    DL - Same as above, didn't really talk about anyone on the bolts besides Jamal
    LB - We have the edge because of the Shawnes. Notes that the Pats have experience but have had trouble making plays and have worn out
    DBs - Pats have ONE good corner in Samuel, the Chargers have a wealth of talent at DB (last time you heard that???)
    ST - Across the board better and the Pats have given up some big plays

4. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Thank you :tup:

5. 3 Time World Champs

3 Time World Champs Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    On WR'S you mention - Washington, Gaffney, Stallworth? How about you have No Clue! Try Moss and Welker as your one and two and then Gaffney/Stallworth - Washington has yet to play an offensive snap all year although I agree Washington, Gaffney and Troy Brown would be better than the crud you will though out there.

6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    [​IMG]

7. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I dind't need to mention Welker and Moss, it has to do as much with depth that scouts inc gave you guys the advantage there. Stallworth/Gaffney/Washington/Brown (how's his head after that punt bounced off of it?) are better more experienced depth then our WRs. That's the point you dumbass. Stallworth/etc are NOT better then Chambers/Jackson.

8. 3 Time World Champs

3 Time World Champs Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Stallworth isn't even in the top four receivers in NE - So I'll give you that he is not better than either one but better than BOTH!

Stallworth - 46 catches 697 yards 3TDS

Jackson - 41 catches 623 yards 3 TDS
    Chambers - 35 catches 555 4 TDS

Your two guys are the first two options and Stallworth has been the 3rd and 4th option and he still out-produced them.

Get your Powder Blue Sunglasses off your bloodshot eyes and focus.

Make some sense!

9. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Stallworth is NOT better then Jackson or CHambers - what are you smoking? Powder Blue Sunglasses? Get your head out of Scott Pioli *** - Stallworth is a sprinter and because you guys are an air it out offense its obvious he'd get more yards then our top two WRs including a guy we got half way through the year. Btw you didn't include Chambers FULL year where he was a hair under 1000 yards.

So please, suck it.

10. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    It was pretty easy to see what he meant, he said weapons including those guys. I think anyone with any brains understands that Moss and Welker are their "weapons" at wide receiver. I guess he should have spelled it out more clearly for our slower readers.

11. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    What's with this "3 Time World Champs" guy? Maybe he didn't realize that Ant was quoting an article from ESPN. He took ESPN's take on the WRs, spun it in his mind as though it were an insult from Ant, then threw an insult at Chris Chambers and Ant's having a clue.

12. GreyHoodie

GreyHoodie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Anybody who has gotten past 17-0 and 38-14. Realizes their are things the Bolts do well. You don't back into the AFCCG.

Are there things the Chargers do better than the Patriots? Absolutely.

There is a sound and logical reason why the Patriots are the favorites, they do more things better than the Chargers do, more often and more consistently. But this is not Patriots vs Dolphins.

There are those who dismiss the Chargers -- they are idiots.

There are those (some die hard Charger fans) who think that the Chargers have the edge. They are idiots too.

It will be a good game and the Patriots should win, that doesn't mean they will win, but they are the stronger team, but not by the same wide margin that the idiots whose analysis ends at 17-0 and 38-14

13. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
  14. BajaBolt

BajaBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    Fair enough statement. It will come down to the Chargers defense being able to force some critical turnovers or at least slow down Brady and Co to long drives and the SD offense then keeping the ball for long drives.

It will be very interesting to see if SD's offense can keep the Pats D off-balance. I still marvel at how good of a game LT was having in the last playoff matchup before our old offensive coordinator decided to not keep feeding him the ball in the second half. However, that was a long time ago and we have not been running the ball nearly as effectively as last year. In its place, we have been able to go down the field in large chunks through the air.

It's going to be an uphill battle, but this team has had to swim "up current" all season long so they're used to it.

15. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

Perhaps you should get "dead Elvis" out of your arse and make sense yourself. We don't "though" any crud out there...I think we might "Throw" some passes this weekend "though".
    Learn english before you take about "having a clue", because you surely don't.

16. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

I look at myself as a objective Charger fan (ok, season ticket holder)
    and what I see gives me great hope.
    Last week I was worried, with Norv as coach, and this year's ups and downs, I wasn't sure how they'd respond to a "real" playoff game, with a "real" battle tested playoff team...but they were everything I had hoped for.
    SO, looking as objectively as I can, I see it this way:
    QB...Brady by a mile
    WR's...Pat's are markedly better
    RB's...Bolts by a mile
    TE...Depends on how healthy Gates is, could be much better, could be a wash
    OL...Very close to a wash
    DL...Very close to a wash
    LB's...Chargers are better, and in the forth quarter, much better.
    DB's...We actually have five very good ones, but D'Flo does screw us once or twice a game, still with Cro as a starter, ours are now better.
    ST...Definitely better on our side

I see this game as hanging on your QB and WR's...if we can somehow stop them, GAME OVER...However I realize no one has yet.
    Looking at what weaker teams like Philly, Jets and B'more did, I believe the Bolts have a good shot at beating the Pat's. We just need solid, mistake free play...something we have been getting allot of over the last 9 or so games.
    Our team is going into a place it's never been before, so it's going to be interesting to see what happens. If it's anything like last week, buckle your seatbelt!!!!!:abq2:

17. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    He's what is known as a Troll .

Ask me or one of the other old timers if you need that broken down for ya:icon_tease: