1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Scouts, Inc. Top 200 Players Rivers #12

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltssbbound, Aug 26, 2011.

1. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Scouts Inc. ranked the top 200 players in the NFL, and Rivers ranked #12. The QBs ranked ahead of him were Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, and Ben the Rapist. Something tells me the Scouts Inc. guys were blinded by the glare of SB rings. All these guys have a Lombardi, but only two of them really deserve to be ranked above Rivers. And Ben? That's just a joke.

I know that lists like this are absolutely useless, but there's not much to discuss these days. Here's an excerpt of what they had to say about Rivers:

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Yeah Ben above Rivers is bullshit.

When Rivers wins 1 he jumps at least 3 of these guys.

3. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    I disagree. Ben has rings because he delivers in the big games, almost everytime. He wins, and by Rivers' own definition winning is mark of a good QB. I think Rivers would be the first to admit Ben is the better man due to his playoff record. I am much more scared of facing Big Ben in the playoffs than Manning and probably even Brady.

That being said if Rivers wins one, he certainly will jump to number two in my opinion with Peyton slipping behind him

4. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    What your saying makes no sense. The QB is not solely responsible for the performance of the team. Ben's two rings are mostly the result of a great D and running game. You really think Rivers would have performed worse in those situations with that supporting cast around him? In his first SB performance, Ben had a quarterback rating of 22. He completed 43% of his passes. He did almost nothing to win that game for them. Ben did have a clutch drive at the end of the 2nd Super Bowl. I give him credit for that. But this whole, "Ben plays big in big games" myth is not supported by facts. Against the Jets in last year's AFC Championship Game, Ben had a QBR of 35 with 2 picks and 2 fumbles that, lucky for him, were recovered by Pittsburgh. In the Super Bowl, he had a QBR of 77. How is any of that clutch?