1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Scrubs take a dive.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerMike, Aug 30, 2013.

1. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +325
    Hey., I know this is just practice., and a lot of these guys will be gone., but DAMN....a 40 burger is kinda concerning if injuries happen somewhere along the line......McCoy has got his work cut out for him with the right picks....
    I hope to hell he's a successful gambling man....:unsure:
    On on a positive note....maybe a swift a**-kick'n is was what the doctor ordered.....a reality check....a bitter taste...a motivation tool for the opener.....whatever....:unsure:

2. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +319
    Fugly!
    It goes to show how dreadfully thin we are at backup this year...nearly across the board.
    Rant on > People were saying, "In AJ we trust?" Effin' really? < rant off
    But back to the present: we do have a pretty solid core of number ones--I like our defense and our offense has something to prove this season--and unless a bunch of number ones get injured at the same time, I believe we'll be okay (and by that I mean finishing out the season with at least a winning record). I think our coaching staff has the brains and flexibility to gameplan around a weakness here and there.

3. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    5 wins.

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,243
    Did our starters even play?

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,640
    Not a one

6. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,243
    Then why is everyone riding the doom and gloom pony?

7. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +251
    Because this BoltTalk and some people live for this stuff! If our starters had laid that colossal turf I witnessed Thursday night I would more than a little concerned.

As it stands, it is a rough day for the coaching staff: They have to watch the game again...and they can only cut 22 of the players! ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,243
    Wait... The players are laying the turf now? Crap is San Diego so broke the players have to tend the field?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    The depth that Seattle and S.F. is ridiculous, You can literally take their 2's and put together a new team that is better than most, It's almost unfair

10. Cheapseats

Ratings:
    +251
    Well, they certainly fertilized it on Thursday!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +325
    Do we accept a "rebuilding" year???

F-NO....we've rebuilding since Marty.......:mad:

Thank you Deano for our 14-2 c**k tease.......A-HOLE.....:mad:....who knows what could of been the next year.....just say'n....:unsure:

I'm still optimistic for our year....because that's how I roll....:abq2:

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +214
    Although our depth is obviously a concern, our number twos did surprisingly well against a Super Bowl level first team.

Remember that McCoy was trying a lot of players in places they don't normally play, and just getting the best feel he could out of the scrubs, to see if they could fill in a different position possibly, or just giving some guys on the bubble a last shot. He wasn't trying to win this game, he was having a last dress rehearsal.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,214
    Regarding some of the earlier posts, it almost seems like this team is already being judged for the regular season based on what has happened in the preseason. Only problem here is, the regular season hasn't happened yet. We have a new GM, a new Head Coach, a new system, and a new playbook. Oh yeah, and a new look to the uniforms. Like that is going to make a difference. It's a new season, and everyone's record could be anywhere from 0-16 to 16-0, that is just a total unknown. The talking heads promoting the game are just that, they don't know the future, all they want is ratings. I am going to support my Chargers for good or bad and when this season is over then I will make my decision as to whether this was a good year or not. All you other wannabe pundits and "experts of the game" kindly kiss off... GO BOLTS!

Pointy :bolt:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Cheapseats

Ratings:
    +251
    Well said, sir!

I am keeping my expectations in check because they need help in a number of areas and the previous "administration" left the team in a salary-cap poor condition. I believe we have good people in charge...and I would love to see the team prove the "experts" wrong!

(In my best, bad, thick Austrian accent) Go Chargers, Go!!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    I seem to remember numerous years ago, our team went 4-0 in the preseason. THEN we finished the regular season at a 1-15 clip.

16. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,777
    Preseason is for junkies.

17. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +262
    But aren't we Charger junkies? :p

18. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,777
    Why of course! but the Chargers also present a built in aversion therapy in a wide and contrasting plane.

19. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    I thought it was for the owners to charge full ticket price's for a practice game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,777
    A true Bolt junkie will go to any length to obtain a seat for his/her arse, some just have it worse than others.

21. Cheapseats

Ratings:
    +251
    This true bolt junkie would prefer paying half price for these glorified scrimmages, since season seat holders are compelled to purchase these "games" as part of the package. Last Thursday's "slappy-fest" should be worth a refund or at least a credit to my account...man, that was ugly!

22. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,777
    I always hated spending the cash for the preseason when I had my season tickets. I had six seats and back then I couldn't give them away. The late 80's & early 90's were a tough sale when every game it seemed was a glorified scrimmage for any Charger opponent. Although, some junkies are worse than others.

23. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    The tailgates were nice but the games suck! I hated watching players that weren't even going to be on the roster the next week. And being a season ticket holder we were forced into paying to watch that garbage!

24. Cheapseats

Ratings:
    +251
    Yeah, that's a lot of money to "informally scout" the new version of the team. I wish they would cut the price of the preseason games in half and allow the season seat holders to opt-out of the preseason games. An inexpensive pre-season "game" would give potential seat holders a chance to at least sample the live experience and "kick the tires" a little bit without feeling violated by the ticket prices. I normally go to take a look at the new players (...and the seats are already paid for!) but on Thursday I had my fill by the end of the third quarter. Ugh! what a mess.

I'll step off of my soap box now, thanks.