1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

SD, Colts, Bengals, Jets, Phily,Vikes,Cowboys ALL lost in week 1

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chargers-Superhero, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    All these teams, Chargers, Colts, Bengals, Jets, Eagles, Vikings, and Cowboys all lost their opening game. What do they have in common???

They were all playoff teams last year, and except for the Jets, are gonna make it again this year most likely. I didn't realize this until I marked my won-loss total for the picks I made.

2. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    The sky isn't falling guys- its only week freaking one and we've had trouble in Arrowhead historically

3. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Exactly. Let's face it, special team, rain and loud crowd won it for KC. Man, people here have got to chill out and calm down. We had a chance to tie that game despite all the miscues on our part. This team will bounce back. This is a MARATHON, not a sprint. Chiefs aren't going nowhere watch....

4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    It really was a kind of perfect storm of BS.

The monsoon rain grounded us, so the Chiefs stacked the box and tripled Gates, and forced Rivers to beat them outside the numbers. It was a great bad weather gameplan, and yet we still should have won if Norv would have pulled his head out of his ***. RUN THE DAMN BALL FOUR F'N TIMES NORV!!!

Every September is like this, Norv seems to never have the guys prepared for adversity. In fact, every time we have a bye week or a long time off we come out flat.....who's to blame?

5. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    thanks.... I feel a lot better now.

6. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    If I'm going to make a wild guess, I'd say that Super Bowl teams don't share this same, "hey, it's only one game" attitude. They take EVERY game seriously and don't lose to teams that they should be beating handily.

7. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Like how the Saints lost to Tampa in week 16 last year in the middle of a 3 game losing streak going into the playoffs?

8. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    You are correct, a lot of good teams lost this weekend. However, I have to say that out of all these teams, the Chargers lost to the worst opponent. Cowboys losing to the Redskins was closest, but still not as bad as our loss. We don't need to over react, but we don't need to ignore the fact that we just lost a game that we should win. I'm not rooting for winning the AFC West, I'm rooting for playoff position, and in that case every game matters.

9. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    the sky isn't falling for what? superbowl hopes? maybe the sky isn't falling for having a .500 record and possibly making the playoffs, but anyone here who thinks this team is equipped to rumble with the best of them is out of his or her mind. like trumpie said its at least gonna take two years to fix our problems in the trenches.

10. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    It may take 3 years to fix but it can be done in two.

Fixing these lines in one year is just out of the question.

11. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    And I'm sure all those teams didnt lose in week 1 for the same reasons that have been crippling those teams for years.

It's the same thing over and over again, including the excuses as to why.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Actualy I think the Seattle tromping of SF was a bigger division rival upset.

We did for the most part let ourselves get beat. BUT you all are crazy if you dont see that KC is FAST improving especialy on D. They still need a QB and they could be contenders in 2 years ez. If KC can play this well on D and ST, they will get 8 wins this year.

10-6 for my week 1 picks ;/ BUT I did pick WASH to upset Dallas.

13. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    Very good point. Wins are not easy in the NFl, and you have to beat the teams you are supposed to or you will put yourself in a bad position most of the time. This is not baseball, every game counts. Division games count even more. That said, the Chargers can recover from this next week and get on a roll.

14. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    i know the game isnt over,or should i say our game of the season but this

Big plays, goal-line stand leads Chiefs past Chargers
    KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Jamaal Charles' 56-yard touchdown run and Dexter McCluster's team-record 94-yard punt return gave Kansas City a two-touchdown lead, and the Chiefs held San Diego on four downs inside the 6-yard line in the final minute for a 21-14 victory Monday night.
    Playing most of the game in a pounding rain, the Chiefs turned it into the confidence-building coming-out party they had been hoping for since the schedule came out in April. By beating the four-time defending AFC West champions, they proclaimed an end to a three-year period that was one of the darkest in team history.
    Philip Rivers thoroughly outplayed Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel and drove the Chargers to a first-and-goal from the 4 at the end. But a pass was incomplete, Darren Sproles lost 2 yards, and another pass sailed high. Then with 39 seconds left, Rivers missed again.
    Read More >
    TEAM LEADERS
    SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
    Passing Cmp Att Yds TDs
    P. Rivers 22 39 298 2
    Rushing Car Yds Avg TDs
    R. Mathews 19 75 3.9 0
    M. Tolbert 2 26 13 0
    Receiving Rec Yds Avg TDs
    L. Naanee 5 110 22 1
    A. Gates 5 76 15.2 1

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
    Passing Cmp Att Yds TDs
    M. Cassel 10 22 68 1
    Rushing Car Yds Avg TDs
    J. Charles 11 92 8.4 1
    T. Jones 11 39 3.5 0
    Receiving Rec Yds Avg TDs
    T. Moeaki 3 21 7 1
    C. Chambers 1 14 14 0
    This tells me our dline got pushed around the whole game, and mathews didnt do what i expected against the queefs

15. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554

With the exception of the Cowboys and the Chargers, all those teams have something in common. They lost to good teams, as opposed to the Chargers and Cowboys who lost to dogshit teams.

16. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Way to completely distort the stats. Thomas Jones averaged less than 4 yards per carry and had 35 yards rushing. Jamal Charles had a 56 yard TD run but didn't go over 100 yards for the game. What that tells me is that the defensive line held up really well, with the exception of one bad play. Take away Charles' one big play and the Chiefs other 21 rushing plays total 75 yards. How does that add up to the D line getting pushed around the whole game?

The defense had one bad play, made all the more maddening by how dominant they were for the rest of the game. They shutout the Chiefs in the 2nd half and gave the offense chance after chance to bring the team back.

17. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Pretty well said. Only thing I can add is that from what I saw on that one bad play was Kevin Burnett pulling a Cromartie. He didnt have as good of a angle as Cro did, but same situation he let the RB go on by and then Weddle kinda made himself look silly spinning around one way then the other, he might as well jus stopped runnning and waited for him to pass him up then try to jump on him.

Course KC D had a equaly bad play when Berry was out of positon or him and the rookie CB were unaware of what their assignments were.

18. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Have to disagree about Weddle on that play. He had the whole field to defend and he did all he could, forcing Charles to cut back twice to get by him. That was about as good as anyone could have done. Charles was going to score.

19. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Not sayin weddle looked silly as in he failed his job he didnt he was solo in the secondary alot as we were keeping everyone else close to the box to stop the run since that was all KC had on us.

Watch the replay and you can clearly see had Kevin Burnett been in better position, it would have only been a 8-12 yd gain and we could have kept them from scoring.

20. SDC-IL

SDC-IL BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    I don't know about that. The Chiefs and Redskins at the end of the day could have themselves decent teams.

21. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Decent perhaps. But the Chiefs have next to no offense and a young defense. Not the kind of team the Bolts should be losing to. Not even on the road. Not even in the rain. Period.