1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

SD VS AZ blackout thread.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fouts, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    I couldn't find any info on how many tickets are left.

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Unless ARI fans feel like taking a trip to the ocean I can't see this game having a chance in hell at selling out.

3. SDKCFAN

SDKCFAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    This game will be blacked out because who wants to see the team p**s away another game?

4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    about 8000 left, I guess it's atdhe.net again

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    sdutChargers

RT @1904Made: @sdutChargers how many tickets to end the blackout acee?>More than 7,000, probably closer to 8,000 -- ka

6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I wonder how long the slow start and relax excuse will work with some of you ?

7. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    What do you mean by this?

8. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    he wants everyone else to go to the game so he can watch it at home.

9. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The fact the game is not a sell out again to me means the fans are not buying the slow start and we will be OK excuse.

How much longer will fans use this as a salve to comfort their souls ?

10. Bolt Attack

Bolt Attack BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    The home opener sure looked like it was near sold out. The NFL should give more time before blacking it out. I am a season ticket holder so I go to the games however it is still frustrating because I can not record it and review it later.

11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Or how about people are broke and don't want to pay top dollar to take a trip to see their terrible team get pummeled by the Chargers? Have you noticed our opponents in these first 2 games?

I guarantee the reason these games are not selling out is not because Chargers fans are not showing up, it's the road teams fans that buy up those last 10k of crappy seats. There were hardly any Jags fans at the last game. Probably less than 1k total, that's crazy for an opponent. Usually there will be relatively noticeable areas where opposing fans are grouped together, 2 weeks ago, hell no.

Pats game is sold out, I'm sure the Titans, Raiders, Broncos, and Chiefs games will be as well. 49ers game will prob depend if they start to win or we go on a tear then the bandwagoners will buy up the rest.

Yes, I do believe some people are staying away because of the slow start, but I don't think they are the ones preventing the sell out.

12. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
  14. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
  15. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Are we down to less than 5,000 yet? I hope that ticket office doubles it's staff for that last minute rush of bandwagon fans...

Pointy

16. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    Well, I guess my concern comes, because I have no chance of going to this game, nor any games for the forseeable future. Now, this is not based on my preference for watching the NFL product on my 1080P Hi-Def TV, sitting through commercials that are paying a lot of money to the NFL. No, this is not based on my desire to pay ~$1.00 per Sierra Nevada Pale beer in my home, instead of $9 per beer, no, this is not my desire to never wait in a long arse line to piss said sierra nevada pale ale, no this is not because of my desire to cook, BBQ, hang out with friends/family in the comfort of my own home with AC going, maybe going out back during half time pitching horse shoes.

I currently have a 1 week old, and 20 month old, not to mention a wife who loves the Chargers (from NY, converted her)... Guess what I love watching the Chargers with my wife.... And because of the age of our children, and for us (thankfully) to a lesser extent the economy, we really can't attend games for a while.

I didn't post this thread, hoping other fans would step up for me, it is not my fault a multi-billion dollar business doesn't want my patronage because I am a family man, which is a LARGE segment of our population. (not to mention, economically struggling single people who can't afford to attend a game).

You see, if the game is blacked out, I will not watch other games, nor listen to them (I tried internet, what a joke on many fronts) I'd rather spend time with my family doing something else... The only game I love is Chargers. Besides, except with rare exception, we will not get a marquee matchup, it is regional games.

So, NFL (and their obsequious attack dog fans, who say I am not a fan, b/c I am sitting at home waiting for a sellout to watch their highly advertised filled product) F&^K You. :)

Edit: any update on ticket sales? LOL

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Are they down to 7,000 tickets yet?

Pointy

18. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Kraska said "about 7000" on the 11 o'clock news.

19. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Maybe I'm out of line here but how can you blame your home stadium not selling out because of opponents fans? Call me crazy but that sounds ....well.....crazy. Any team should be able to fill their own stadium with their own fans. An outsider should be considered lucky if they can get a ticket.

20. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    The Chargers should sell out for the Chiefs game...if only because we'll travel :)

In all seriousness, nothing makes me sadder than a blackout. We had our first blackout since 1990 last year. It's a terrible feeling.

21. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Just something to think about, this is a very busy weekend in San Diego. The air show at Miramar (Fri, Sat, & Sun) is going this weekend, along with the Oktoberfest celebration in La Mesa. (Fri, Sat, & Sun) When you have events with major draws, and the fact that it is more affordable family fun (free admission for both events) than going to a football game ($400.00 - ???? for a family of four) that will also tend to keep people away from the stadium. And now that they know it will be blacked out, it will harden their stance and give them reason to do something else. The easiest cure for blackouts and low attendance is winning, plain and simple.

Pointy

22. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Sold post Fouts.

23. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Hammer meet nail. :tup:

Even more telling is that you're not in the minority here. That's probably part of the reason SD fans might seem apathetic. When really it's more about priorities.

24. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Chargers play in a terrible stadium (Went to every game except 3, for the last 9 years until I move out of SD) have some of the highest ticket prices in the NFL while having one of the lowest payrolls. How can they possibly expect people to spend that much money to watch a poorly coached team, in a terrible stadium, against a terrible opponent, with one of the worse rosters in the last 5 years, when it is very likely that the team will not play great for at least another week or 2?

If I lived in SD, and could only afford to go to one or 2 games a year, it sure as hell wouldn't be the 1st 5 weeks of the season when the team plays like crap, and when they are playing a terrible opponent. I would wait till until the team actually started playing well and was going against a good opponent, but that is just me. I would still have Season tickets had I not moved out of SD

25. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    And you know what pointy, is all this leading the Chargers to think they can get more people to a game up in LA? The people in San Diego don’t seem to want to attend the game unless it is a marquee team. Those of us that have been season ticket holders buy a majority of the tickets. Lately the rest of the crowd seems to be the other team’s fans. And the Jaguars and the Cardinals do not have a huge fan base, so that means the only people in the stands are Charger fans. If we can’t get our Charger fans packed into the stands. Then this is going to play right into the Chargers hands, and I wonder if they use this as leverage point to look into moving up to LA.

Look the people in san Diego will not support us.

26. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I think people just don't want to invest in a team when the owner isn't investing in it, which is obvious when they have one of the lowest payrolls in football while also having one of the highest ticket prices. I also think people would be more likely to go if it wasn't for yet another slow start. I 100% believe that if we were 3-0 right now, even if everything else was the same, the game this weekend would have sold out

27. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Go atone for your sins in the positive vibes thread.

28. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    You're damn straight it would be sold out! If it looks like the team is just going through the motions why pop for a $65-85 ticket?

29. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    They are delusional if they think they will get sellouts in LA. The Rams and the Raiders couldn't do it.

It's a So-Cal thing. There are so many other things to do that cost a hell of a lot less money. People are not as personally invested in the team as people are in other parts of the country. Dropping games to the chiefs and seahawks did not help matters.

Look at the Browns. They have not had a good team in many many years, yet they consistently sell out the stadium.

30. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074

NFL Oakland Raiders Team Salaries $ 152,389,371
    NFL Dallas Cowboys Team Salaries $ 146,401,600
    NFL Minnesota Vikings Team Salaries $ 133,354,045
    NFL Cleveland Browns Team Salaries $ 131,916,300
    NFL New Orleans Saints Team Salaries $ 131,531,820
    NFL Pittsburgh Steelers Team Salaries $ 128,815,061
    NFL Tennessee Titans Team Salaries $ 126,017,443
    NFL Arizona Cardinals Team Salaries $ 122,110,110
    NFL Jacksonville Jaguars Team Salaries $ 122,109,207
    NFL Chicago Bears Team Salaries $ 120,065,819
    NFL San Francisco 49ers Team Salaries $ 118,766,239
    NFL New York Jets Team Salaries $ 116,910,097
    NFL St. Louis Rams Team Salaries $ 116,677,660
    NFL New York Giants Team Salaries $ 115,816,180
    NFL Miami Dolphins Team Salaries $ 114,649,660
    NFL Buffalo Bills Team Salaries $ 113,364,927
    NFL Carolina Panthers Team Salaries $ 112,114,711
    NFL Washington Redskins Team Salaries $ 111,963,684
    NFL San Diego Chargers Team Salaries $ 111,813,340
    NFL Cincinnati Bengals Team Salaries $ 109,727,880
    NFL Philadelphia Eagles Team Salaries $ 109,557,398
    NFL Houston Texans Team Salaries $ 108,445,418
    NFL Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Salaries $ 104,329,311
    NFL Seattle Seahawks Team Salaries $ 102,985,710
    NFL Atlanta Falcons Team Salaries $ 96,391,525
    NFL Detroit Lions Team Salaries $ 95,827,117
    NFL Denver Broncos Team Salaries $ 95,599,778
    NFL Green Bay Packers Team Salaries $ 94,018,300
    NFL Indianapolis Colts Team Salaries $ 93,373,915
    NFL New England Patriots Team Salaries $ 92,734,120
    NFL Baltimore Ravens Team Salaries $ 90,713,965
    NFL Kansas City Chiefs Team Salaries $ 83,623,776

How can you say we have one of the lowest? 13 Teams have a lower pay scale, and 2 of those teams have all ready beat us this season. And please provide some proof of our ticket prices