1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

SDUT: Florence rues ones that got away

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Trumpet_Man, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2006

Florence rues ones that got away

By Kevin Acee
    December 7, 2006

Cornerback Drayton Florence called Sunday's game at Buffalo “the worst game I've played.”

Others had a different take on the afternoon in which Florence routinely jumped routes and ably blanketed speedy receiver Lee Evans.

“I told him, 'You didn't come up with a pick, but those are good PBUs (passes broken up),' ” safety Marlon McCree said. “And he's covering the deep ball well. You've got a corner that can play aggressive on the comebacks and the short routes and run step-for-step on the deep ball with their fastest guy.”

Florence just thinks (correctly) that his three pass breakups should have been interceptions. And he is tired of dropping balls.

While Florence has three interceptions this season, the general thinking is that he has let six more clang off his hands. At least three (he thinks four) of those would-be picks looked like probable touchdowns, too, including one against the Bills.

He said he has in the past been guilty of thinking about the return before the catch. But Sunday – after arriving in Buffalo on Saturday night following a funeral for an aunt in Florida – he said he was simply too anxious.

“Instead of letting the play come to me, I was trying to make too many plays,” he said. “It is a positive I am around the ball. But I ain't in this business to just be around the ball.”

Good night

LaDainian Tomlinson said he enjoyed his first appearance Tuesday on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno,” although he gave himself only a “B-minus” for his 7½ minutes on the air.
    Entering as the band played “San Diego Super Chargers,” Tomlinson appeared relaxed as he told several stories, including how he loved football so much he used to sleep with one.

“Obviously I didn't have a girlfriend at the time,” Tomlinson said, laughing. “I spent many years with that football and it wasn't until I married my wife that we kicked the football out of the bed.”

Most of Tomlinson's teammates did not see their teammate's late-night appearance.

“I had to apologize to LT this morning,” quarterback Philip Rivers said. “My eyes wouldn't stay open any longer. I can't stay up much longer past midnight. I was trying. . . . I was wondering when they were going to get Dennis Miller off there. I heard he (Tomlinson) did a nice job, and I'm sure I'll see it at some point.”

For real/fantasy

The league will announce today that Tomlinson has been named AFC Offensive Player of the Month for November.
    In four games, he gained 643 yards (490 rushing) and scored 13 touchdowns (12 rushing) and threw for a TD.

There is a large group of people that probably had those numbers memorized: fantasy football owners who have them on their team and are almost certainly winning their league because of him.

Tomlinson hears from them on a regular basis.

“Usually (they are) telling me how many touchdowns they need or yards,” he said. “Occasionally I'll get a 'thank you,' because I'm giving them 50 points or whatever it is.”

Asked if that was his motivation, Tomlinson said: “Absolutely. I just want to get those guys 50 points every week.”

Nuts 'n' Bolts .........

click the linky chingus for more...
  2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2005
    I noticed ol stool's comment at the bottom of the page :no: :tdown: :icon_evil:
  3. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Feb 7, 2006
    Where :icon_shrug:
  4. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2005
    Keep playing tight Flo and those picks will be rolling in.

Or better yet, go play catch with Billy for a few hours a each day!
  5. Kwak

Kwak ....

May 25, 2006
    That is one poster I hope never makes his way here. He is a complete and total knucklehead.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Kwak

Kwak ....

May 25, 2006
    At the bottom of the page, not article.

Highlights from <"the other"> Chargers Forum....