1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Seahawks / Bolts full game

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    if you missed it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    I guess they don't care about Pre-season football.

3. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,026
    I was more looking for a 10 second meme!

4. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    The funny thing about re-watching it was while I was at the game, I wasn't very impressed by MG3. But after watching it again I was far more impressed by what I saw. He runs hard, doesn't give up after first hit, and made the most of most of the plays he was in on. Needs reps at pass protection. Needs to learn when to cut it loose, but he looked far better on tape then live.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    His hesitancy behind the LOS is the biggest thing I see, once he gets used to making a decision and hits the hole or line, he will be far more consistent. I like the ability I see though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Absolutely agree - I really think he just needs to play and get game reps - he'll find his footing (so to speak) he has a lot of expectations weighing on him, internal and external.

7. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,156
    As a lifer, of course, I hope with all my heart that he becomes great.

But he's going to have to step up his game, big time, if he ever wants to be a wedding cake topper!

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    I wasn't terribly disappointed in the O-line...there were some nice flashes against Seattle...but it's one of our main areas of weakness, IMO.
    Barring injuries, I'm thinking it will take a few regular season games for them to really gel, if they do at all. Thankfully we have PR back there!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I dunno if it's possible for ANYONE to beat out PR as Wedding Cake Topper material... he's the bees knees :inlove:

With the ghost of LT hanging around, I think our expectations of 1st round running backs is a bit skewed - IMO the thing about MG3 is he has the physical talent, he cares and is probably his own toughest critic. I have confidence that it's just a matter of getting reps, relaxing, and trusting his instincts.

10. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,156
    So far, there's a few geniuses here who are probably leading, re. being Gordon's "toughest critic." :roflmao:

I'm hoping for eventual awesomeness...of course...but not sure.

Gurley? Yeah...he has true AP potential...so I'd have traded up for him...not sure about anyone else.

But yeah, I've said for years that LT--especially re. almost never getting injured--probably gave
    the more casual fans unrealistic ideas about how often most NFL running backs get injured...

Be well, married lady :p

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 1