1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Season in doubt for Chiefs' Johnson

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Foot injury puts season in doubt for Chiefs running back Johnson

NFL.com Wire Reports

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- One of the NFL's most feeble offenses is almost certain to be without its star running back for at least a week, and possibly the remainder of the season.
    Larry Johnson has a broken right foot that will sideline him for the Kansas City Chiefs' remaining eight games, according to a report Tuesday on the web site of Denver television station Fox 31. The report, citing team sources, says Johnson is seeking a second opinion on the injury that the team initially described as a mid-foot sprain.
    Earlier Tuesday, Chiefs coach Herm Edwards said the Pro Bowl running back's status for Sunday's game against Denver was "highly questionable." Edwards declined to speculate on how long Johnson might be out, saying he did not have enough information.
    "He's got a swollen foot right now so that's not good," he said.
    Johnson's foot got caught under the weight of A.J. Hawk and twisted awkwardly as the Green Bay linebacker dragged him down from behind in the fourth quarter of the Packers' 33-22 victory on Sunday. Johnson was on crutches as he left the stadium.
    "The severity of it, I don't know because I'm not the doctor," Edwards said. "As far as I know right now, it will be very difficult for him to play this week."
    Edwards said the Chiefs were waiting to hear from other doctors.
    "Second opinions, MRIs, all that stuff," he said. "The one thing we do here is we make sure we go to the fullest extent of making sure we know exactly where a player's at."
    Into the breach will step Priest Holmes. The three-time Pro Bowl player has made an unexpected comeback after being out of football for almost two years following a spinal injury in October 2005. Rookie Kolby Smith, a fifth-round draft choice out of Louisville, will share the carries.
    Even with Johnson, Kansas City (4-4) is averaging only 79.5 yards on the ground, 30th in the league. The Chiefs' total offense is also 30th, at 286.3 yards per game, and they're scoring only 15.5 points, 29th overall in the 32-team league.
    Holmes, one of the best running backs in the NFL in his prime, seems unlikely to be his old self. He's now 34 and has touched the ball only a few times in the two games he's played.
    "Priest Holmes obviously won't be the featured back. We're going to have to do it by committee," Edwards said. "Kolby Smith is going to be used. I'm not going to sit here and say Priest will carry the ball 30 times. That wouldn't be fair to Priest."
    Despite the lack of offense, the Chiefs still find themselves tied with San Diego in the AFC West. With San Diego playing at Indianapolis this week while the Chiefs host the struggling Denver Broncos, Kansas City figures to have a good chance of regaining first place all by itself.
    "I don't think a wild-card is coming out of this division this year," Edwards said.
    He also reiterated that he's not planning to bench Damon Huard for second-year man and presumed quarterback of the future Brodie Croyle. But he also suggested a switch could be in the works.
    Huard has thrown nine interceptions while hitting just eight touchdown passes. But an unsettled offensive line has also allowed him to be sacked 23 times in eight games.
    "Damon's done a decent job," Edwards said. "My whole deal now is if we're going to win this division or have a shot at it, we've got to score more points. There's no doubt about it."

2. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    This division is so ours for the taking. If Norv and Ted continue to screw this up then Dean and AJ will have no choice at the end of this season but to clean house. :icon_evil:

• Like Like x 1
  3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

It should be but it's not (yet).

As bad as the Donkos are, their only one game behind us.
    As bad as the Retards are, their only two games behind us.
    As bad as the Quiefs are, they're ahead of us.

No fuking excuse what so ever for us not to clinch this division!! :icon_evil: :icon_evil:

4. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Word. I wouldn't take KC or ANYONE lightly anymore after last weeks loss. LJ or not, we better be damn prepared for anybody. There are no easy wins anymore as we just found out. Just because LJ is out, doesn'
    t give us a "W". We still have to play them. And they still have TG, Bowe and many others.

5. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I hope Denver can beat KC this week :tup:

:bolt:

6. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I'm glad you said it because I just can't bring myself to say that. :no: :bolt:

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Either way... We HAVE to beat the Ponies.

8. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I just hope we can win again this year.

9. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    ..........[​IMG]

10. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Oh fuc put down the pipe, come out of the den and the season is only half over Chico. Suck it up kid. :abq2::icon_party::abq1::bolt:

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I highly doubt we'll finish at 5-11.

12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    QFT. I'm not saying that our division foes are pushovers, but there's no reason that we shouldn't beat them all like baby seals. :icon_tease:

Somebody needs a big ol' b**ch slap to get their heads straight! :icon_evil:

13. chiefsgal

chiefsgal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +443

and priest and kolby and don't forget tony.......:yes::icon_banana:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Hey wake up foos !!!

If Denver wins and the Chargers lose this Sunday, the Broncos are in FIRST PLACE at 4-5 via a better Conference record.

If that does not torque your ball sack, then you have no ball sack. :yes:

15. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Thanks for that ashole I didn't even realize that.* Fuc.* :icon_evil:

16. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Biitch you were wishing a Broncos win via some ahole proxy and that is just as bad as practicing sucking dick which watching Broke Back Mountain or watching videos of Timmy Dwight and Jeff Garcia yoga work outs .....

FU . :fan::icon_finger::devil:

Nothing like a little biitch slap back to reality :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Holy fuc coming strong ya little hooker. Nice.

See ya sunday T. :D :abq2::icon_party:

18. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Yeah, well I have been accused of becoming soft in my responses due to the recent curfew and Gestapo-like tactics to control the unruly masses and so I defy authority and tell you what I am thinking.

You fuc't up and would have had to live with the fact you secretly inhaled whang not realizing you were propping up a Mules woodie for first place. :lol:

Fuc'in eh dude.

Either you are on some good **** or something? :icon_shrug:

Speaking of which.....muhahahahhaha.....wait till you see me come Sunday :nana_dance::helm1::nana_rasta::elephant::eek: :icon_eyes:

19. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171

Fuc dude I've been so focused on the Chiefs and Colts I didn't even think about the Broncos especially after the Lions performing a little prison sex on 'em. Fuc them both.

And yeah been roasting some Alaskan Mindfuc. :yes:

I told Kwak and Camilo as soon as we get on the plane sunday it's cocktail time. Fuc it. :icon_party: :bolt:

20. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Listen - when all you fuc's are conflicted as to "which team to root for"?

Listen to a word of wisdom and sage.

Root for the mother fuggin team called "stretchers"

PS....and all you brothers who want to split baby harp seal skulls to save a bullet to feed your families.....rock on. :tup::abq2: :icon_banana:

21. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Just come down like gentlemen drunks. :icon_party::icon_toast:

Which means ...... Grab every piece of unmarried-*** you can find. :lol:

After that ....

Do not sweat small **** because....well mofo because....... :bolt:

Get your asses there as soon as possible.

22. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Our buddy who spends most of his time in Alaska has a hat that offends just about every person on the slopes. He wears it when he snowboards. At first, people come up and they ogle it... or maybe even give it a stroke. They say things like... "Damn... that thing looks warm!" or "WOW... killer hat, man..." Inevitably, the next question is: "What's it made of?"

The reply is usually something like: "SEAL SKIN, FUkKER" :yes:

Needless to say... there are mixed reviews after that. :icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

That's the warmest fuggin' hat ever, tho'.

23. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    We land at 10am and you can only get so drunk on an hour and ten minute flight- but I'll try. Screw it we might as well have a good time. :yes::bolt::icon_party:

24. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    **** is outta control.

Gilligans Island is the answer.

This planet needs to be mass blinkie thing'd so we can start all over again.

I get Ginger. :abq2:

25. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Have exact change which means plenty of singles. Order two drinks at a time per person if not three.

It can be done.

Live long and prosper - biitch !!! :bolt:

26. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Ginger would look hot in nothing but a seal skin hat. [​IMG]

27. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654

Pffft ... the best thing on Ginger would be me.

:nana_love::tounge::nana_dance:

28. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Dude!! You are seriously one of the most pessismistic people I've ever "met" ..