1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Season Ticket Holder Message

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,731
    I'll bet you didn't see this one coming, and just in time for X-Mas:

Dear Ticket Holder,

Thank you again for supporting San Diego Chargers football. The Chargers are once again in playoff contention, battling for our fifth AFC West division title in the last six seasons. The NFL has asked us to begin planning for any potential postseason games to be played at Qualcomm Stadium. The dates for the potential home playoff games are:

Potential home playoff games:

Game one:
    January 7/8, 2012 - AFC Wild Card playoffs

Game two:
    January 22, 2012 – AFC Championship Game

Your invoice will be arriving via USPS in the next few days with a payment deadline of Thursday, December 29, 2011. Your invoice is also available immediately by logging onto My Chargers Account. If you choose to pay your invoice with a credit card on-line you will be charged for the Wild Card playoff game but not for the AFC Championship Game until it is determined the Chargers will host that game. The system will allow you to pay only for the first round (Game one) and not be charged on your card for the AFC Championship Game (Game two) until January 15, 2012.

If the Chargers do not host both games, any unused portion of your payment will be applied to your 2012 Season Ticket account.

Please contact the Chargers Ticket Office at 1-877-CHARGERS if you have any questions.

Thank you.

San Diego Chargers

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    They are optimistic, aren't they? ;)

3. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Yeah, but the payment isn't due until December 29, so we can wait and see how this weekend shakes out before sending anything. If anything happens that eliminates us, no stress. If we still have a decent shot, then you can pony up. Note that if you pay by credit card online, you can pay for only the Wildcard Round if you so choose.

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    too bad we dont have enough fans in this town to support them, that would be pure hell if it got blacked out!

5. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    My season tix are used up had em for 10 years, I won't give spanos another nickle till AJ is fired! Period!

6. boltfanatik

Ratings:
    +112
    Almost fell out of my seat & spit my beer when I opened that up:laugh:

7. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Just posted the same thing over at my forum. As SL said, at least we can wait to see how this weekend shakes out before having to pay anything.

Not to stray too far off topic...

Friends of mine are Packer season ticket holders. They got a playoff ticket invoice even though they were the 6th seed in the NFC and had no shot of a home game. If they wanted to be considered for superbowl tickets, they had to pay the FULL playoff ticket package.

8. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    I'll be calling to confirm tomorrow, but I don't think they can force our refund to be applied to next year. I have some friend who are very on the fence about next year's tickets, so they wouldn't pay for playoff tickets if it can't be refunded. I know it has been refundable in the past, but this letter makes it sound like it is not.

Reason I think it has to be is because the 'right' to purchase playoff tickets is part of the incentive for 2011 ticket holders. It is a privilege we have already paid for so we should not have to commit money to 2012 to attain it.

9. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    They will automatically apply whatever is paid toward's next year's season tickets. But, you do have the option to request for a refund.

10. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    Hey Boltfanatik where are your seats at? I'm always interested in seats that are opening up.

11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    We were all joking about this Sunday @ the game. Surprised it took until Wed. to get it to be honest.

Not paying until next week if at all.

12. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    If you pay and they don't go to the playoffs, you CAN get your money refunded.

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Not even thinking about it unless denver loses, only way we have a chance at a playoff game

14. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    True, but it's not easy. I tried it one year. You basically have to beg them for it. You have to call/visit the ticket office, file a request for a refund, then wait for it to get approved.

15. boltfanatik

Ratings:
    +112
    Only 1 seat LV 28 the guy whos been next to me the last 10 years has dibs on it!

16. ViennaLager

ViennaLager FC Eintracht Bamberg Smokey Beers

Ratings:
    +61
    Figures... atleast we get to see what happens this weekend first.

17. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    We actually will know quite a bit by the time the Chargers take the field tomorrow. All the teams in the race play at 1:00 EST.

Let the chips fall where they may.

19. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,731
    ^Hear, hear!

Go Bolts!!!

20. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    you have a site dude? charger related? why you holding out!

21. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    well I wonder how many people jumped at the chance to buy playoff tickets and now will be wanting a refund?

22. boltfanatik

Ratings:
    +112
    Not me that's for sure!