1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Season ticket holders: Contribute to the Bugle

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by in_a_days, Nov 16, 2007.

1. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Sep 8, 2006
    Hey everybody, we're working to complete the newest edition of the Bolktalk Bugle and we're looking for contributions from season ticket holders. Basically we would like to add some reviews so future season ticket holders, and even people just considering going to a game, can get a feel for where they might want to sit. So review your season tickets; tell everybody what's good, what's not so good and what they can expect on game day. Here's a sample...

The more detail you go into and more you write, the more your contribution will be appreciated. Anyone interested in submitting a review, please send me a PM using the following template.

Location (of seats):

# of tickets:

How long have you had these seats:

Thanks very much!

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2006
    Name: Trumpet_Man

Location (of seats): View 37 (50 yard line - Chargers side)

# of tickets: 2

How long have you had these seats: 15++ years

Cost: $79.00 per ticket x 10 games = $790.00 per person

Pros: You can see the whole field and all the plays develop without fans distrupting your views.

Cons: The bathrooms in this area have long lines. Same thing with concessions in this area. It gets a bit chilly after halftime but nothing that a long sleeve shirt can not handle.
  3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Name: Rob, AKA Carlsbad_Bolt_fan

Location (of seats): Plaza 26

How long have you had these seats: Since 2000

Cost: $1620 ($810 per seat) face value is $92 per game

Pros: Great Angle. Almost felt like having a front row seat when LT broke the TD record.

Cons: A little difficult to see the action in the East end zone.
  4. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Name: sdbound

Location (of seats): Club 36

How long have you had these seats: 7 years

Cost: $290 per ticket x 10 games = a **** load

Pros: Complementary massages

Cons: The stadium is 400 miles from home.
  5. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Dayum! I gotta get me somea deez!:tup:
  6. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Sep 8, 2006
    Awesome, thanks a bunch everybody! I think this could be very helpful to any out of towners.

Keep 'em coming! :tup:
  7. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Jul 12, 2007
    Name: Savage Lizard

Location (of seats): View 22

# of tickets: 6

How long have you had these seats: First season in this spot, have had season seats in various other spots.

Cost: $74 each, among the cheapest in the stadium.

Pros: These seats rock! I have sat all over the stadium through the years, and this is my favorite spot. My guests frequently comment that they like the seats better than my old ones (View 34). The view looks like what you see when you play video games. See the plays develop, watch holes open, etc. Up high enough so that even when the action is at the other end, you still have a great view. I bring binoculars for better looks at the action when needed, and watching cheerleaders when the action stops. Perfect view of the main scoreboard.

Cons: A few idiots within earshot detract from my enjoyment from time to time, but those guys are probably everywhere. Not much shade during the game. Not close to the action (but that's not a big deal to me, YMMV).
  8. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Name:LV Bolt Fan

Location (of seats): Loge 46,Row13,Seat4

# of tickets: 1

How long have you had these seats: 3rd.season.

Cost: $92 ea.

Pros: Overhang, TV 10' in front of me,close to beer,food and bathroom. Visiting owners box close enough for Al Davis and Pat Bowlen to get an ear full.:yes:

Cons: Too far away from the smoking area.:tdown:. 1:10 gate to gate from McCarren airport.(2.5 hrs. including time in the airport bar):icon_party:
  9. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Jun 22, 2007
    Name: Ray Dahayder

Location (of seats): I have some in Field 14, Field 16 and Lower View 61

# of tickets: 3, 3, 6

How long have you had these seats: I've bought them at different times, but I've been a season ticket holder since I moved back to CA ten years ago.

Cost: I think the Field seats are about $92 face, but it 'only' costs $81 each, so it's $810 for one seat. The View level is about $650 per seat.

Pros: The Field level seasts: Very close to the action, especially when it's at the west end of the field. Anything on the west side of the 50 yard line is great, but I use binoculars for anytime the ball is on the other side of the 50. When the team is inside the 20, you are right in the game. And goal line action is insane! It gets loud and you can see and feel it all..... great!

Lower View seats: I've only sat up there twice, but I sort of like the view.... you really get a great perspective of the game, you can see all the plays develop, too.

Cons: Field level seats: Because you are lower, you lose some depth perception. You don't see the plays develop as well. You could be standing for most of the game. But that's fun, to me that is not a negative.

Lower View seats: You are up high and the players are smaller. Not as 'crazy' or 'electric' as sitting down lower. Still, there are drunken, a-holes everywhere, so you'll have to deal with that no matter where you sit. However, having said that, I don't remember dealing with much of that at all in F14 or F16. You do get some opposing team fans down near the visitor's tunnel and that can cause some fights later in the game. It's not bad.
  10. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

May 30, 2007

LOC: Lower View...Section 39...Row 2...Seats 14 & 15
    ALSO LOC: Lower View...Section 40...Row 1...
    TOTAL: 4 SEATS...2 in Sec 39, 2 in Sec 40
    COST: $79 each

PROS: Section 39 seats are on the 20 yrd line, so the whole field is easily seen, we are close enough so all numbers are easy to read...yet we are high enough to see every aspect of the passing game, so it's very easy to see who's open, who's blown a coverage, or whatever.
    I have sat at this level, and down in the plaza, and in what used to be the Loge section...I like the sight line the "Lower View" gives me hands down.:tup:

CONS:...well I suppose we could be about 15-20 feet closer to the field in one direction or the other...also, I used to have two idiots who would always stand up in front of us before the play was over, so we'd miss the long runs or pass plays...I had to have words with them more than once...but that seems to be taken care of over the last couple years.:tdown:

:icon_toast: :icon_party:
  11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Mar 5, 2006
    Great idea IAD! Thanks.

If anyone has an article or something they would like to contribute we would love to have them.

We also need some holiday recipies, player reviews, and poster bios...

Thanks in advance.
  12. biggmatt24

biggmatt24 BoltTalker

Nov 26, 2006
    Name: biggmatt24

Location (of seats): LF 14, row 5, seats 3-5 (Best seats in the house)

# of tickets: 3

How long have you had these seats: 10 years

Cost: face = $92

Pros: (1) Seats are right on the railing, four yards from the field. (2) High-fiving the Charger Girls. (3) Talking trash as the opponents walk out. I was all over Freeney before the Sunday night game. (4) Perfect when the Bolts score in the West endzone. Chambers first TD was right in front of my seats.

Videos from my seats: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=biggmatt24

Cons: Can't see one small sliver of the east endzone. Used to be obstructed view, so tickets were MUCH cheaper, but the Spanos' took that away this year.

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Oct 13, 2006
    Name: BOLTS4LIFE

Location (of seats): Plaza 25, Row 16, seat 12

How long have you had these seats: 7 years

Cost: Face - $92.00

Pros: You're right there for the touchdowns. My seats were perfect for LT's record breaking touchdown!! I'm under the mezzanine. So I get shade on the hot days and shelter on the rainy days.
    I'm right by the Chargers entrance to the field. So after a win, I can get to the railing and cheer them on as they leave the field.
    Needless to say... I love these seats and wouldn't trade them for anything!!!

Cons: Well, sometimes it's hard to see what's going on at the other endzone without looking at the jumbo tron but it's worth it for everything else you get!!! :yes:
  14. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Aug 15, 2006
    Name: Ride The Lightning

Location (of seats): Plaza 23, Row 6, Seats 9 & 10

How long have you had these seats: 3 years

Cost: $1624 for the pair

Pros: Great fans surrounding us, everyone in shouting distance is a season ticket holder, so we very rarely have opposing team's fans in our area, usually no more than 6-10 at any given time...decent view of the field, decent sight lines, good view of the home sideline, directly opposite the jumbotron...restrooms right at the top of the stairs usually isn't too packed, easy access to booze and food locations

Cons: too close to the main walkway and the sections in front of us (field level) tends to create lots of standing during play....I hate being in the sun and we don't catch a break from it until usually the second half (gets better as the season goes on and the sun set earlier), still, it's better than sitting anywhere on the N side of the stadium which rarely gets any shade relief...we're in the middle of the row, so you have to time your potty/grub breaks wisely...sucks when the action is on the opposite side of the field (east end zone action)...it's difficult to see anything more than 5 yards deep into the west endzone, especially when fans are standing (which is frequent)
  15. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Jul 12, 2007

Name: Ryan

Location (of seats): View 38 Row 9 Seat 9

How long have you had these seats: First year

Cost: $652 after tax

Pros: Between the 35 and 40 yard lines on the home side. I can catch all the action equally and nobody is in the way.

Cons: My seats are real close to Trumpy's, so all my cons match his.
  16. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Apr 29, 2007
    Name: ghost_

Location (of seats): feild 38, feild 39 charger side

# of tickets: 3, 4

How long have you had these seats: 2yrs, 3yrs

Cost:f38, f39: face value $92. Per seat 5,600+ for all 7 seats.

Pros: f38: great unobstructed view of field. In front
    Of the chargers bench but seats high enough that
    the players don’t block your view also close
    enough that you don’t really need binoculars, and
    the players can hear you (last year this one hot
    season ticket holder was calling Luis Castillo and
    telling him she loved him, he turned around to
    check her out and smiled at her and him and
    Osgood laughed) nice # of season ticket holders
    (a good amount of older ppl and families) so your
    always around more charger fans than fans the other team.

f39: Has a great unobstructed view of field. near the
    chargers bench but high enough that you can see the
    the entire field. you don’t really need
    binoculars but it wouldn’t hurt if you had them.
    surrounded by some real die hard season ticket holders.
    mostly all of them families so it’s a great area to
    bring you kids! no one uses foul language and if
    they do it’s normally some one who bought the
    tickets for one game but even that is rare.
    everyone is friendly and it’s real easy to make life long friends
    w/ the other season ticket holders around you. this is the
    section if you want to get on the jumbo tron they are always
    around this section. lost of eye candy!!!! =p the chargers girls
    are right in front just a lil to the right, also allot of great looking girls that are bolts fans =)
    so if your married make sure that you have shades on so
    wifie don’t catch you looking lol. close to restrooms and causation stands.

f38 & f39: for the fist 4-6 games counting the preseason you get
    baked by the sun for the first half of the game (so make sure you
    have a hat or have sun bock on or you will get burnt). but after
    the 5th-6th home game you get to sit in the shade all game long. not all that great when it rains
    expect to get wet but that’s the whole stadium its crap
    when it rains. expect to stand for most of the game, no one
    ever sits down in this area like I said they are diehards
    so make sure you have on comfortable shoes you will need
    them. food, water, beer, snacks are real expensive.
    ( your aloud to bring in some snacks and two 16 oz water bottles
    per person I highly recommend that you at least bring the
    water or expect to pay $3 or $4 I forget how much for one bottle)

f39: not as good as the f38 seats the f39 are closer to the 50 yrd line than my f39.

f38: there is this one season ticket holder will say OPEN THE GATES
    all game long (has some old guy lol but its cool) so he might get
    on your nerves. and that one hot girl will yell "Castillo!!!!"
    (or some others charger player) for most of the game
    (but she's HOT so it’s ok LOL).

hope this helps :tup:
    GO BOLTS!!!!!!!!!
  17. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Mar 5, 2006
    Thanks for all the responces, they will all make the Bugle!