1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Season's Last Home Tailgate & Nasty Santa Exchange

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,725
    This Sunday, we will be holding our last homestand tailgate party of the season for the Bolts vs. Birds bash! We will have some good eats lined up, but if you would also like to contribute with food it's all good with us. We will be featuring pollo asado and "Dirty bird sandwiches" (BBQ chicken meat on a bun) and carne asada, plus other meats. Do not be surprised if the famous Irish car bombs or the spiked Egg Nog make their appearance. As always, adult beverages are BYOB, but people have been known to bring a little liquor for sharing.
    We will also be having our annual Nasty Santa gift exchange. For those that wish to participate, just bring a wrapped gift ( Chargers related gift preferred, but you are free to bring anything) with a value from 10-20 bucks and put it by the Festivus tree. At around an hour or so before the kickoff, we will begin the exchange. Rules are simple, everyone draws a number and you pick a gift according to the number that you picked. The person who has their gift stolen can only grab another gift from the pile. You can either keep your gift or steal a gift from someone that has already picked one. A gift that is stolen can only be stolen twice, then it is a "keeper" and cannot be stolen again. There is sometimes an adult theme to the gifts. Needless to say, this game has had some interesting gifts and exchanges in the past. It's one of our most fun events.
    So with all that being said, if you would like to bring food items please paste the food list and put your name next to the items you are bringing. Items listed in red are things we need someone to bring. If you are figuring how much food to bring, plan for the item to feed 10-15 people, that way we get a little variety. We could always use a table or two for the food presentation and gift display. Also, we ask that if you have never been at our functions, we do accept a small donation (around 5 bucks) per person, and if you would like to help pay for our daily private portable restroom fee, you are welcome to do that too. This invitation is open to members of the various sites from the Bolts family. And whether you are a Bolts fan, or bringing your Ravin-loving cousin or co-worker, at our gatherings, "We don't hate, we tailgate!" That's our motto, and we do our best to insure that everyone has a good time. Look for us over in parking lot section M-4, under the trolley bridge at the east end of the stadium. We will be flying the Chargers flag with a small beer flag underneath it.

Food List

Pollo/Carne Asada / Shredded Rotisserie BBQ Chicken Sandwiches - EMB & Boltage Bimbo

Fried Chicken - Workplay

Tortillas, Guac, Cheese, Salsa, Sour Cream - EMB & Boltage Bimbo

Onions, Cilantro - Boltfanatik

Another Entree Item -

Potato Salad - Charged4Life/Charged4zin

Chips & Dip - SDRaiderH8er

Dessert - Sydalish

Dessert #2 - DTChargerGirrrl

Bottled Water/Sodas - Pointy (Bottled Water & Sodas)

Green Salad -

Plates, cutlery, napkins - EMB / Boltage Bimbo

Thanks,

Pointy :cool: (The guy with the cowbell)

bluto drinking.jpg

Plain Cowbell.jpg

2. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,804
    I'll definitely bring a dessert - still brainstorming some other ideas too, maybe chicken pesto something - I'll let ya know :tup:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,725
    Sydalish;

I added your name to the list for the dessert.

Thanks,

Pointy

• Like Like x 1
  4. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Come on folks it's the last game, lets make it special with a huge crowd! If you don't want to bring a dish you can always make a small donation and enjoy one hella tailgate, hell we even have our own private portapotty with no waiting!

• Like Like x 1
  5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I'll bring some cocktail shrimp if I can come (still up in the air), and I'll participate in the nasty santa thing too if I come

• Like Like x 1
  6. DTChargerGirrrl

DTChargerGirrrl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    I was there this past weekend and had such a great time. I'll be coming again with a little crew, beers, dessert, and some cash to pitch in!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,725
    Hey DT, which one are you? I will put you down on the list for desserts. Thanks!

Pointy

8. DTChargerGirrrl

DTChargerGirrrl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    I was with AnteaterCharger. I'll be there even if he can't come. I think you guys are great!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,725
    Oh, I didn't recognize you with the sunglasses on. Ant says he is coming, but you know that you are welcome to hang with us, no problem. Welcome to the boards.

Pointy

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I've converted another to the group :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Somebody send me a plane ticket!!! :p

12. hypermikem

hypermikem BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Kewl! I'm bringing my daughters (one happens to still be in the oven). I'll bring cash, and a little something to share to ward off the chill. Love that corner. Easy exit too. I was outta there in less than 15 minutes last time.

13. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,725
    I revised the list, if you wish to add something just cut & paste the list and add your name to the item you are bringing.

Thanks,

14. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    What time does this all start?

I can bring some Popeye's Chicken :abq2:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,804
    Gates open at 12pm for people with passes and 1pm for everyone else - Dunno when Pointy/EMB/BB plan on arriving and getting started but I would imagine they get there as early as they can.

FWIW Roberto and I plan to roll in around 1:30pm.

16. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,725
    Hey Workplay, love that chicken! I get there earlier than most employees at the stadium. EMB has a pass, so do I and the gates will open at noon for those with passes. But if you just want to walk in you can do that at any time. So, do I put your name on the food list?

Thanks,

P.S. This is our second "alternate" jersey game, so wear your powder blues if you've got them.

17. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,725
    New Revised List:

Food List

Pollo/Carne Asada / Shredded Chicken - EMB & Boltage Bimbo

Fried Chicken - Workplay (Bolt Talk)

Tortillas, Guac, Cheese, Salsa, Sour Cream - EMB & Boltage Bimbo

Onions, Cilantro - Boltfanatik

Another Entree Item -

Potato Salad - Charged4life / Charged4zin

Chips & Dip - SDRaiderH8er

Dessert - Sydalish (Bolt Talk)

Dessert #2 - DTChargerGirrrl (Bolt Talk)

Green Salad -

Bottled Water / Soda - Pointy (Both)

Plates, cutlery, Napkins - EMB / Boltage Bimbo

Also, don't forget to bring your Nasty Santa gift if you want to participate...

18. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    Thanks guys, I'll roll in after the 10am games are over. Can't wait!:abq1:

19. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,725
    Make sure to bring the "spicy" chicken if you do...

20. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Sorry guys I can't make it. Have a car bomb for me

21. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,725
    Loren;

Bummer that you cannot make it, but we will still drink one in your honor...

22. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,725
    Well, the Nasty Santa gift is wrapped, and I am almost ready to go. See you guys there, M-4 under the trolley bridge. GO BOLTS!

Pointy

23. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,804
    No gifts to exchange sadly BUT I am bringing cookies and I made some chicken pesto rolls (baking now). See you guys in a few hours!! :D

24. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Just found tix. I'll be sure to stop by.

25. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,725
    I want to personally thank everyone from the different sites that showed up today. Great game, great energy, and a totally fun time.

Thanks,

Pointy

• Like Like x 1
  26. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    ...or not.

Got drunk and distracted...

27. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,804
    Amen - you guys are the best around - had SO much fun and not just watching the game :)

28. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,725
    ^Looks like Robert was in his element too, helping with the cooking duties. I want that chicken pesto sandwich recipe, those things were delish!

29. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,804
    Chicken Pesto rolls are SUPER easy.

1 six ounce bag of pre-cooked and chopped chicken
    2-4 tablespoons of pre-made pesto (I usually go with the refrigerated stuff where the uncooked pasta is)
    shredded mozzarella cheese (you don't need much, just a sprinkle in the rolls)
    1 can of Pillsbury crescent rolls

Mix the pesto and chopped chicken in a bowl
    Unroll the crescents, break apart and lie flat
    Spoon the chicken pesto mix onto the crescents (just enough that you'll still be able to roll them up and close the edges)
    Sprinkle a little shredded mozzarella cheese
    Roll 'em up and put them on a baking sheet - repeat as necessary for quantity
    Bake at 350 for 12-15min

I usually refrigerate them overnight so the pesto can really sink in but it's not a big deal, just a personal preference. I also like to add garlic marinated red pepper, chopped, to the mix sometimes. Same chicken pesto mix works great with pasta, on flatbread as pizza or even on toasted slices of baguette if you want to get fancy~

• Like Like x 2
  30. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Hope you guys had a wonderful time, I was there in spirit