1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Seau a Faider?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdchrger, Jul 8, 2006.

1. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Junior doesn't sound like he's ready to call it quits. He may end up in the Silver and Black

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

Need to be an Insider:

Seau not ready to call it quits
    <Jul. 8> Released by the Miami Dolphins this spring, after injuries limited him to only 15 appearances in the past two seasons combined, Seau apparently wants to try to squeeze one more year out of a career that likely will land him in the Pro Football Hall of Fame one day, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports. There have been unsubstantiated reports that Seau or his representative spoke with Oakland Raiders officials.

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I don't see it.

Seau being a Raider would kill his restaurant financially.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,670
    He'd do it because its a chance to keep playing; players like him can't stand the idea of hanging it up because being a football player is such a defining part of who he is. I don't see it happening and i haven't heard anything lately about seau joining the raiders but they're the only team offering him more then a 1-day contract

4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I think this story is crap. Is Len Pasquarelli getting his leads from faiderfans.net now? :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,407
    This is old news. The Miami Herald reported it first, then KFFL picked it up. All it says is that the gayders contacted Seau. Doubt that it will happen.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,670
    the original article said that Seau had a talk with hte Raiders.
    I learned from a source in the bay area the Raiders did indeed offer a one year contract to Seau but the end result of the conversation is unknown. By the original article's own admission we don't know what Seau's response was. He coulda told Davis to bleep himself.

7. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I thought about that as well. It'll never happen.