1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Seau speech is awful!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by leisure, Aug 14, 2006.

1. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Care to describe it?

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,888
    It was a mix between a baptist preacher and a kid with ADHD
    Couldn't stay on point, jumped in a million directions and really didn't say anything
    He can't speak like he plays football, with such intensity

3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    You'll be able to watch it on Charger video later, I think.

4. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    why did u not write one for him, slick willy :icon_shrug: :icon_mrgreen:

5. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +674
    Yeah, it was not that good. He better get a speech writer for canton.

I minimized the vid and it sounded like I was in church.

He looked nervous as hell as well. Sweating up a storm.

6. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +674
    I doubt it.

The "..I want to thank my children..." part would have sent him into a fit. I didn't catch all their names he menitoned, but doubt if his 1st child was one of them.

7. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Part of me is glad I missed it, part of me can't wait to hear it. I'm completely tortured here. :icon_huh:

8. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Props to Seau for a great career and all that, but is it bad that I really don't care about Seau to much?

9. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    No. I don't either.

He was a great player for the Chargers. One of the best.

However, from what I've gathered, he was less than a stellar human being.

10. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I saw the rambling speech Junior gave and he did not acknowledge his first kid. He is probably resentful of child support.

Dude is a POS in my book.

His speech was pathetic.

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,888

i was wondering when you were going to weigh in on your opinion of the Seau speech. How could you tell which kid he was talking about anywya?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +674
    He dropped all their names and he mentioned his Ex, that is his ex-wife from his first marrige. He never married the mother of his first child.

13. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Agreed! [​IMG]

14. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    From the McRugby collection (thanks to Thumper for re-size!!!)

[​IMG]
    That's Gary Plummer. Still looks in good shape.

16. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Yeah, I used to worship this guy (like L worships bubble), but after hearing how arrogant he was, I turned on him. I met him in person at a Chris Rock show at 4th & B many years ago. Guy walked around like he owned the place.

Excellent player.....not so as a person.

17. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Now he's a real PRICK. I really hate this MoFo. He talked nothing but sheat about the Bolts after he left. I still cringe everytime I see him and Young in that clip from the Superbowl where he takes the "monkey" off Young's back. Seriously, they should not let Plummer back near Charger's Park. F'ing assssshole............but tell me what I really think when I'm not in this good mood. :icon_evil:

18. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    He was a little to deep for you and a few others but that happens sometimes . Perhaps the depth is a bit shocking from a football player in this day and age.

He sure is a far cry from T.O. and that type of low life crowd.

19. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Hay I liked his speech :icon_evil: He was just trying to show that he views things objectively :icon_shrug:

20. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516

I agree. I enjoyed the speech. He was passionate. He talked with great pride of his playing career. He talked about treating retirement like a graduation to another part of his life. That was awesome. So many pro athletes spend the rest of their lives re-livinng their glory days. Junior still wants to accomplish more.:tup:

21. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,888
    true but still the speech bounced around waaaay too much to be really good. passionis good but passion in a speech needs to be handled carefully, you can't use it like you do on the field

22. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    You guys are going to be p***** off at me for this about Junior's retirement speech and it is like this.

It is just my thoughts.

To me it sounded like he Junior Seau was accepting the Oscar for winning best performance in a football film and not a retirement speech.

Also to me it sounded like Junior was playing Frogger the game in his head and jumped all over the place. We the listeners did not know where he was going.

I love #55 LB Junior Seau for his play on the field which had a passion about it that was second to none. He put San Diego back on the map as a football city. When it came after games when he talked to Press Conferences it did not sound like the greatness we saw out on the field he is not the best as speakers.

You guys can start the bashing be senseless for my thoughts on Juniors Seau's retirement speech.:unsure: :eek: :unsure:

23. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I haven't heard the speech yet. I'll listen to it later this week (maybe tonight or tomorrow morning) and give my thoughts on it.

However, it seems that most people think he rambled quite a lot.

24. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Sorry, but if you're expecting a polished speech from a pro athlete, you're expecting too much.

Seau talks like he plays. He might not always be where's he supposed to be, but he's going to blow it up wherever he is.

I can't believe we're getting into hardcore critiques of the guy's public speaking performance. This was a retirement party to celebrate and honor the man. It's not like Junior was being paid to deliver a profound, coherent, cohesive speech. Give the guy a break.

25. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,516
    I agree. The HOF speech is a different event. He needs to hire a speechwriter to help him with that one.