1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Semi-official Superbowl XLVIII Thread!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fouts, Feb 2, 2014.

1. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    This just came to mind after that KR TD.

Broncos!

2. Fouts

Fouts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +200
    Wow, ok this is getting a little ridiculous! LOLOL

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,777
    I'll bet Rivers is glad this ain't him in this game.

4. BrecksOnlyBoltzFan

BrecksOnlyBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +32
    If this game isn't evidence, I don't know what is. Chargers need DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE, What Im saying is, I hope we draft Strong fast Defensive players, and Pagano to be the Coordinator That he has shown that he is capable of being. The best offense in the land rarely wins the big game. Chargers need a Top Defense to win it all!!!

GO C/-/ARGERS

5. Fouts

Fouts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +200
    Love seeing Seahawks keeping foot on the pedal, dont see McCoy doing that.

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,666
    I'd like to see the Chargers defense continue to whoop *** late without stopping

7. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    After scoring over 600 points in the regular season, one would think that someone might have figured out how to get more than 8 points in the Super Bowl!

8. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    well unless they go into the locker room Sherman will not have another opportunity to go gangsta on us. He has an ankle injury and left the game on the back of a cart.

9. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,732
    Thank God delicate, sofa-lounging Americans won't be at risk of that Stanford gangsterism again.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,383
    You think that the NFL experts might eventually take notice that a great defense almost always beats a great offense.

11. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,214
    Just that look of disgust on Manning's face at the end of the game says it all... They got whupped, but bad!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
  13. Fouts

Fouts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +200
    So, Wilson had 72% completion rate, some nice runs, 2 TDs, no ints, 123 QB rating, and the LB with pick six gets MVP, not saying he doesnt deserve it, but something tells me, if outcome was reversed, Manning would have got MVP.

14. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    I agree. The Chargers should build one of the greatest defenses of all time like the Seahawks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    Omaha we have a problem!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +653
    Not at all! It was most definitely the Playoff Master Choke Artists himself Peyton Manning. Eli is not a great QB, but he has proven that he doesn't buckle under pressure as much as Peyton does in the BIGGEST games! Peyton looked as if the game was over when that snap went over his head, at 2 to zip! :rolleyes:

17. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,640
    LMFAO @ DENVER BRONCLOLS

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +636
    Best post of 2014!

19. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +636
    Let's not be salty fans here, obviously nothing better than seeing the Donkeys fail, but I'm surrounded by idiotic Pats fans, and just a few logical ones arguing the topic, clearly this game wasn't in Manning's hands. Aside from his INT that Chancellor picked off which resulted in a FG, can't pin this on Manning.

That's what happens when you don't prepare and focus your team throughout the 2 weeks you had to prepare for the biggest games of their life, and its quite shocking because John Fox has been there before, and so Peyton Manning. But Pete Carroll clearly had his team ready to play in all 3 phases and they outplayed Denver clearly.

Manning was still deadly accurate, what was he 36 of 46 or something? Marshawn Lynch only had 15 rush yards as well, just too many turnovers and of course the KR TD. It was quite a boring game though.

Kam Chancellor would of gotten my MVP award. Malcolm Smith played well, but Kam did so much more than anybody else on that field besides the DE's who made Manning move off his spot almost every play.

20. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,383
    Loved every minute of it. Except when the Broncos scored a TD.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +306
    Wilson wasn't the best player on the field today, Malcolm Smith was (or you could argue Kam Chancellor was as well).

22. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,383
    Yes, the Broncos coaching staff did not have them ready. Their gameplan was terrible. I think even with a great gameplan they would have lost, because Seattle was the superior team. But they should not have lost as badly as they did. As much as you want to let Manning off the hook, he played a big part. The pick he threw to Chancellor was awful. And even on the pick six play he probably should have eaten the sack instead of trying to heave it down the field. It was 2nd and 20+ with a defender bearing down. The risk was not worth the reward.

23. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,640
    Agreed, the goose egg would have driven this game into the upper stratosphere of historic asskickings.

24. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,640
    LOL making excuses for Manning. When they win he gets all the glory, so when they lose he should get some of, if not most of, the blame. 4 turnovers all on him.

25. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,214
    Were there any words of wisdom coming from the 2nd place locker room?

26. Fouts

Fouts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +200
    Thats not my point, just that Manning(s), Brady, and the like would have gotten the MVP with Wilsons play. Actually, kinda refreshing to see it not go automatically to QB. But I have to disagree a little, Wilson was ONE of the best players, splitting hairs between the two you mentioned.

27. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +242
    I wouldn't hold your breath on T.T and Pagano building a defense like Seattle. Not only because it's very difficult but T.T takes from Poilean isn't much of Defense oriented G.M. San Diego just needs to have a adequatly good enough defense, not all sb matchups feature a historically good defense like Seattle.

28. BoltsNHoes

BoltsNHoes I gotta have me my....

Ratings:
    +71
    That defense has Pete Carroll's fingerprint all over it. He constructed his defenses the same way at USC. One deep safety as the enforcer, good man coverage DBs who will buy time for the pass rush.

To say we need a defense like that is to say John Pagano has to go.

I'm twice as happy though. because not only did the Burros lose but my guy Pete Carroll won.

29. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    It was fun watching the Donkeys get smashed like that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  30. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +636
    I'm not letting him off the hook, we saw what pressure does to QBs watching SD don't we? From 2011 & 2012 Rivers to 2013 Rivers. He had a clean pocket opposed to a crowded one, and Seattle BEAT the crap out of Denver at the LOS, they clearly came ready to play, and Denver didn't.

The fact Manning still set a record in a losing effort is laughable. But I don't fault him for the 2nd INT because they were down 15-0, finally got a drive going when they were approaching the 2 minute warning and he tried to stay aggressive and Clemons or Avril got a hand in there to disrupt it.

Then you had the D. Thomas fumble that stalled another drive, I just don't think you can pin everything on Manning when he loses or wins.