1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Semi-official Superbowl XLVIII Thread!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fouts, Feb 2, 2014.

1. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +633
    Lol so Demaryius Thomas fumbling was all Manning? Listen, I'm not Manning poster boy, but I have some logic about the game, you can't pin all 4 turnovers on Manning, he had 2 of his own, and 1 is arguably not his fault.

2. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    When thinking about who would get named MVP before they announced it, I couldn't decide. I don't think the Seahawks had a a best player tonight. The clinic to put on for the Broncos was the most perfect example of a total team effort I have ever seen. Every player executed wonderfully in every play of the game. It was beautiful to watch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    Also, Pagano came from the Norv (I really hate to bring him up) Turner tree, so he's not the best developer and teacher around.

Look at Seattle, Earl Thomas was the only 1st round pick on that defense and Bobby Wagner is the only 2nd round pick, everyone else is 4th-7th round picks and UDFA's.

Development/Coaching > Talent

4. EOTL

EOTL BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +81
    I was hoping for a closer matchup here. Admittedly, I did feel some semblance of pity for the Broncos going into the 3rd quarter, but that was quickly killed the instant they scored that one TD.

5. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Concerned Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +214
    I enjoyed every minute of that brutal beating, and I'm now digging the fact that the same talking heads who have been propping up Denver as invincible all season and as the inevitible champions, are now feasting on their bones & sucking out the marrow!

• Like Like x 1
  6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,602
    I don't always watch blowouts in the Super Bowl

but when I do

it's watching a rival get humiliated on international tv, and it makes me LOL

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Even as I enjoyed watching the Donks get their arses kicked, I hope the players injured during the course of this drubbing sustained nothing major.

8. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Sad Omaha.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,190
    Ole Peyton did not look happy on the bench whenever they showed him. It was like warm soup for my soul....

• Like Like x 1
  10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,602
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    923094_10203139332110192_1605880994_n.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. BoltsNHoes

BoltsNHoes I gotta have me my....

Ratings:
    +71
    [​IMG]

I just like the first part. Still pretty damn funny though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +295
    bronco.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,039
    Eh? Credit where credit is due that Seattle develops talent well, but you're not stating fact and oversimplifying here.

Brandon Mebane was a 1st round pick.
    Bruce Irvin was a 1st round pick
    Cliff Avril was a high 3rd round pick that was developed by Detroit and signed as a FA (where they appeared to get a discount because it was a short-term contract).
    Chris Clemons was already developed when he came to them and had previously found success as a pass-rusher in Jim Washburn's Wide-9 in Philadelphia - signed as a FA.
    Michael Bennett's an interesting story. He was original signed as a UDFA by Seattle, but only made it to their practice squad. Much of his development came in his stint in Tampa. Then the Seahawks got a "discount" on a 1 year deal on him because he was coming off a torn rotator cuff.
    Clinton McDonald was developed by Mike Zimmer in Cincinnati (yes, he was a 7th round pick, but not by Seattle) and was acquired in trade for Kelly Jennings when Seattle was hard-up for interior DL because of injuries.

Then you've got the guys who are producing in Seattle's defense who were the epitome of "average" with their first 1-2 teams:
    Red Bryant, Tony McDaniel, O'Brien Schofield.

If anything their defense illustrates why you don't need elite or top-5 players at every position on defense in order to succeed to the highest level. Using a scheme that puts the players you have in the best position to maximize what they do bring to the table, never rushing "only 3" and rarely "only 4" despite the state of the game, and emphasizing "team defense" over individual accomplishment. What I hope Pagano takes from this game is that aggression on defense wins more football games than it loses - especially if your offense has shown it can shoulder its share of the load. Forget the "bend but don't" and just play to "break"... the opposing team.

15. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    I'm sorry I didn't detail my post, I was talking about their starters, mostly their defensive back unit or Legion of Boom ("LOB").

Chris Clemons - UDFA
    Brandon Mebane - 1st Round Pick
    Tony McDaniel - UDFA
    Red Bryant - 4th Round Pick
    Malcolm Smith - 7th Round Pick
    Bobby Wagner - 2nd Round Pick
    KJ Wright - 4th Round Pick
    Richard Sherman - 5th Round Pick
    Earl Thomas - 1st Round Pick
    Kam Chancellor - 5th Round Pick
    Byron Maxwell - UDFA

I know some where developed elsewhere, but most of their players where developed and fit to scheme. Chris Clemons really blew up once he got to Seattle though.

Agreed with your post though, Pagano needs to find players that fit HIS scheme, and has to work close with Telesco to do so. Not find players who can fit in somewhere in a package. And I really hate the "teams will draft to fit Seattle's defensive model" comments, the media just needs to stop themselves with those types of comments and it's even sad when ex-players make those types of comments.

16. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,617
    The 4 turnovers sentence was a jab at the preceding sentence. I wasn't directing it at anyone in particular, that's why I didn't quote anyone. It was all I was hearing after the game from the "experts" (LMFAO), I didn't even read the thread TBH w/ you. Read the post again and it might make better sense.

17. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    Sorry for the confusion.

I hate that media outlets put Manning on a pedistal, he is one of the all time greats to ever play QB and forever will be, he's changed the game much like Brady has. But, I also hate and as you mentioned, "experts" will say his offense had 4 turnovers and Manning crumbles under pressure, almost putting him at fault for them. Nothing is more annoying than living in "Pats Nation" and saying Brady is better than Manning as well, is Robert Horry better than Michael Jordan because he has 7 rings opposed to Jordan's 6? It's comparing apples to oranges at times.

I get so frustrated with Pats fans living in the Boston area. Arguably the most annoying fans in all of sports and their radio analysts are even more arrogant. It's almost laughable.

18. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,147
    I hope that they gave all of the media and TV announcers an extra tube of ChapStick, Peyton must be really sore after getting his c**k sucked for two weeks straight. It must have been so quiet on the plane ride back to CO, you could have heard a flight attendant fart...

19. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +631
    Peyton is who he always was. Keep him clean and he will pick you apart.

Get in his grill, rattle him, knock him down and he is pedestrian.

Greatest REGULAR season QB. Put him under pressure and he drops down like a $2 kneepad wielding ho.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2