1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Serious question about how I can see Charger games...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by pgreenbe305, Jul 12, 2007.

1. pgreenbe305

pgreenbe305 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +22
    I lived in SD for 10 years, and then moved to CO and now Austin, TX.

Colorado wasn't too bad because the Broncos were still AFC West, and we'd get Charger games here and there... Austin is a much different deal!

The Vince Young drunkness that has plagued the entire state (except for Dallas) has caused only Cowboy, Texan, and believe it or not- Titan games to be played (I guess Young can pull that kind of viewership in a state that "doesn't get along with Tenessee)!

Is there any way to get Charger games over the internet or some other way, that maybe I don't know about? I assume they don't stream the games on any of the local SD channels.

Any reccomendations would be great!

Thanks!

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I am not sure about the internet, there are some games there but i think it is iffy. Safest way to to get DirecTV and get the sunday ticket. Then you see everyone of them on your TV and can DVR them!

3. pgreenbe305

pgreenbe305 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Sorry to bug- do you know how much Sunday ticket is?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I believe if you sign up now, you get a big discount, it turns out to be like $69 for four months. Dont quote me, but I find it well worth the price to see all the games when I want.

5. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    Someone needs to tell those guys LT is from texas and he's the best player in the league.

Real answer: Sunday Ticket or a bar. Plenty of places will have the NFL games on the TVs, you just end up spending more money going there to eat/drink than the Sunday Ticket costs over 16 weeks. Plus you get to relax in your own house, control the remote, invite friends over, whatever vs. hoping you can hear the game in the bar, having fans randomly yell because something happened in their game, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  6. captaind

captaind Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23
    The non-HD Sunday Ticket is roughly $200 for the season, give or take a few bucks. If anyone is streaming games live, that's news to me. And it's probably not worth the risk to your computer or your permanent record, anyways.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The NFL and Yahoo teamed up to stream games over the internet but you need to live outside the US.

The best option is Directv and the NFL's Direct Ticket. I have it and it costs around $250.00 per season. You get select games in high def and specialty channels (they split screen multiple games on one channel) for instance.

One channel is called the RED ZONE channel and it switches over to games who are in the red zone constantly.

Cool stuff.

8. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    If a dude had one of those sling boxes overseas, he could retransmit the game to a brother back in the United States if the subscribed to the Yahoo NFL package. I have never used slingbox and have heard the quality may be not all that great but then I do not know enough about this gadget. This is what I have read here and there.

9. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Slingbox quality is very dependent on the quality of your internet connection. I've found watching football games on slingbox difficult. Regular TV is great. But with the swift camera movements in football, you notice the diminished quality alot more.

10. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I wonder how Yahoo determines that you are overseas. It seems like any techie worth his salt could figure out a way to mirror an overseas IP and get the games in the states.

• Like Like x 1
  11. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    Its hard to beat the Sunday Ticket. I will say I don't see me signing up for Super Fan this yet to get the HD games. Last year they rarely picked SD for whatever reason. That pissed me off that every week SD would be one of the one or two games NOT available in HD. When it WAS available in HD it was usually the KC or Denver games, which were local broadcast in HD in my area anyway.

Maybe if they put out an HD schedule in advance I might change my tune.

12. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Sunday Ticket is da chit for an out of stater, They renew mine automatically and I do receive a discount on the deal. Hell they might give newbies a better deal just to get you hooked. Got to have my Bolts.:bolt: :icon_toast: :abq2: :abq1:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I am not sure how it is done (probably IP addys) but the bastards have a way to do it. Anything can be cracked given enough time and money.

14. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654

You have to make sure you check the channels between 60-90. The NFL Ticket extends to those channels to show games in High Def. I totally screwed up 3/4 of a Chargers game because they were broadcasting a normal (non-hi-def) Chargers game in the 700's where normally the NFL Ticket resides. I ASSUMED since the Chargers game was not in High Def in the 700 channels that there was not HIGH DEF feed. I was wrong. I did not know those channels (60-90) had HIGH DEF NFL Ticket games as well.

15. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    DTV NFL Sunday ticket.
    HDTV.
    Beer.
    Food.

That should just about cover everything.

16. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    I lived in Dallas for a couple of years and stayed alive with Sunday Ticket it is so worth it. There are 2 internet tv providers but u cannot depend on them to (1) show the chargers and/or (2) work. :icon_party:

• Like Like x 1
  17. bucnasty

bucnasty BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Really? god damn then I screwed up too. I know I watched the first two NFL Network games in standard def because I didnt know about channel 95/96. I'll have to make sure I check those if Chargers are in standard.

The good thing about Chargers winning the division and going 14-2 is that CBS will be more inclined to pick them for one of their 3 HD broadcasts each Sunday. So stupid: Fox does up to 6 HD broadcasts each Sunday, CBS only does 3. I wrote them a *****y email.

Supposedly all CBS games will be in HD come 2008:
    http://www.tvpredictions.com/cbscheap090806.htm

I'll believe it when I see it.

18. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    CBS didnt have the Chargers in HD for numberous weeks last year. It wasn't a channel anyone missed, they didn't take the HD cameras to every park. Usually the game they skipped was SD for whatever reason (west coast?)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I know not all the Chagers games were broadcast in HD but there was a weekend where the NFL Ticket had the Chargers playing in the 700's and in NON-HI-DEF and then I found the Hi-Def game on channel 80 something.

But you are right in that not every game had Hi-Def equipment.

20. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408

I've had NFL Ticket for 5 years or so now & it definitely rocks! Must have as I'm a Charger fan in VA & my wife is a Chiefs fan (yeah, things do get interesting in our house!). Beats the hell out of watching the freakin' Foreskins!

21. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    I still have all the games from last season on my DVR's. 12 were HD and 4 weren't.

22. mdboltfan

mdboltfan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't have direct TV so I can't get Sunday Ticket, but I think sports bars are just as good. Every Sunday my friends and I go to our favorite bar and watch the games all day. Just find one that isn't populated by obnoxious Pats or Cowboys fans. Where I go the owner gives out free shots with every bills td!

23. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Nothing wrong with a sports bar so long as a designate driver exists to keep us safe for the next round. :yes:

Too many times I have driven when it was not advisable......never again.......:no:

DUI's are just too damn expensive these days.

24. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    If you are in Las Vegas, then Michael's Pub is the place to be on Chargers Sundays ....... :tup:

25. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I goadda Stats here in San Antone for every Charger game for the past 3 years.

26. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    I dont call $280 a discount. Seems to go up every year whether you are a existing subscriber or not.

27. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820

I wipe my *** with $280 :abq2: :abq1: :abq2:

28. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    So do the price of seats at the stadium, and price of beer at the bars. Heck prices go up every year on everything.

By the time my kids are adults they will be paying $15.00 for a tube of toothpaste.

29. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    I wipe my *** with a tube of toothpaste.

:abq2: :abq1: :abq2:

30. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Well I have heard that cilindrical objects find their way to your posterior, now I guess you have just verified the rumors...

Myth Supported.

• Like Like x 1