1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Serious Topic: How do you feel about the bandwagoning?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Jared91121, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Jared91121

Jared91121 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey guys I know I haven't posted much..but ravid viewer of the forum for past month or so. So hello to all. Moving on:

How does everyone feel about all the love nowadays? I mean it's great and all but who would've thought that we would ever get this kind of respect from the national press, random fans, etc.?

As of now we are pretty much #1 in everyone's powerrankings, AFC favorite according to ESPN, and Phillip is right now getting 3/4 of the votes on ESPN for best QB of the infamous 2004 Draft.

I like the fact that we are getting the national recognition on the one hand, but on the other hand I sort of liked it better when us true Charger fans were standing in out own small group, standing by our team through the rough years. But I guess it comes with the territory of winning, and the ridicuolus numbers for LT this year.

Again I'm only a 20 year old kid, San Diego native, die hard fan since the Stan Humphries/Natrone years, which it probably minimal to most of you guys on the forum, but just throwing it out there, how do you feel about the national spotlight?

Go Bolts.

See you all in Miami. :icon_banana:

-BIG J

PS- pledge to post more in the future
    PPS- Bolts at -13 is a joke, gonna be a thirty point game :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Let them fellate us for the rest of the year. The true diehards know who they are, and we will never relinquish the satisfaction of seeing the truth before the rest of the fad chasing hoards.

Meet the newest NFL dynasty, and get used to the media knob bobbing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Hey dude welcome.

I go back to the 60's watching this team.

The only thing I like about the spotlight is we pick up more fans for our community which can only be a good thing.

It gets old seeing Raiders logos in Pakistan and Afghanistan and they need to see and get some Blue and gold karma. That silver and black **** is for the dead.

Maybe we will get some crazy assshole like the North Korean President Kim Jung Ill the nuke freak to become a Chargers fan as well as an NBA fan (alledgedly) and chill his **** out....then a tailgater and then he is hooked.

From there the planet comes into a harmonic convergence because of the power of the Bolt.

Thats my take. :icon_banana: :icon_toast: :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  4. mapcap55

mapcap55 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +66
    Personally, I have no problem with people joining in on the fun. For one fan to question another on their loyalty to the team is, in my opinion unfair. So what if some of us know names like Faison or Joiner or Lowe and what they mean to the team. This team right here is garnering support from all over the country, it's good for a lot of things, including a stadium deal...

As far as all of the media concern, I prefer to be the underdog and sneak up on teams, but you can't have that for too long before people get wise...

• Like Like x 1
  5. mapcap55

mapcap55 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +66

I can see the headlines now...

North Korean Nuclear Crisis Averted Thanks To Carne Asada Burritos...

[​IMG]

6. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    It could happen. :yes:

Hell I would get that little runt mongol bastard so wasted he would need instructions on how to crap.....and then get him some Bolt hookers.........:icon_mrgreen:

7. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I agree with Madcap... I've been a fan for less than 15 years, but that's still more than half my life. I think it's great that people in San Diego have something to cheer about. I'll never forget how it felt when the Padres made it to the world series or the bolts to the super bowl. Driving around Chula Vista people where literally honking through the intersections and holding there hands out the window with index fingers extended (rather than the more commonly seen digit). It was awesome, everyone was happy... how could you hate on that?

And I also agree with Madcap with regards to the media. I prefer to be an underdog, but if they want to give us props I surely will not deny it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    i've been 16 yrs a charger fan
    they want to come on, let em
    I was here before many and I'll be here when they leave

• Like Like x 1
  9. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    The only thing I don't like about bandwagoneers is when they go to opposing teams forums and troll there. It gives us diehards a bad name.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    As diehards how long have we suffered? I was on Wikepedia the other day reviewing our history and it's pretty fuced. Yet we carry on. We've been dogged, **** on, laughed at and ridiculed to no end.

The bandwagon is that piece of **** us diehards are towing behind our fatass SUV with a 12 inch lift that has Raiders/Broncos and soon to be Chiefs roadkill stuck to our tires and grill. We've suffered:

The Holy Roller (that one is for you T-Man so shut the fuc up and quit crying).

Ryan Leaf

Bobby Beathard

Years of getting owned in the AFC West

Eli Manning (and his dad)

NEVER winning in Denver (until the chosen one arrived :icon_bow: ).

1-15 (I watched every game :icon_evil: )

I know there's more but I think I made my point. Fuc the media, fuc the Raiders, fuc the Broncos, fuc the Mannings, fuc the NFL, and fuc anyone else that doesn't believe.

Just look at the pic in my sig. That's all I need. :yes: :bolt: :foley53:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    For those who were at the stadium when the Chargers returned from Pittsburgh in 1995 - that was magic.

I had never ever seen anything like it in my life - ever. We had more than overflow capacity of fans who showed up spontaneously....

There were 80,000+++ if not more fans and it was standing room only.

Fans were leaving their cars parked on the shoulder of I-15 and running into the stadium....it was pandemonium...utter chaos.

For those who went to Frisco and thought that was a killer tailgater - sheeet - that was nothing compared to 1995.

Fans were literally hugging, kissing, crying .... everybody came together. I will never ever forget that moment. :icon_banana: :bolt: :icon_toast: :icon_party:

12. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Just as long as the wagoners don't make azzes out of themselves. There's a certain mob mentality to the wagon that can give your team a bad name.

But, hey, as long as they buy tickets and Bolt gear and enable Spanos to pay big signing bonuses to our star players, let them come.

13. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I don't mind them. I don't think we have that much of a bandwagon yet anyway. But let it roll and pack the Q. I way prefer it to be full of bandwagon charger fans than faider and squeeler fans. I am sick of sharing our house and it's time to bolt down the doors and rock that joint so they hear us in NY. It's a new dynasty and anyone who wants to come on board is more than welcome.

It's ruined the parking is the only bad thing.:(

• Like Like x 1
  14. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I am the biggest troll this year as every forum which has banned me has resulted in a Bolt win - karma. :icon_mrgreen: :yes: :icon_banana:

Oh I use my name here or CHINGA_2_MADRE as a heads up.

15. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Yo, I hit up a couple games that season, one of them being our only freaking win. And I remember there being a crowd of diehards in the stadium till the end cheering that we finally won a game after all the Chiets bailed. There was a zero man bandwagon that day. That season was brutal.

16. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I witnessed both, and you're right about '95. Unreal, pandemonium. I still remember fans running on the field when the team arrived. Every concourse was filled, the press box roof in the open end was packed with people. The Niner flag and Steeler flags were ripped down.

Then, the next day in the paper we read that officials estimated the crowd at 65,000. :icon_rofl: Guess they didn't want to get fined by the fire marshall.

The Niner 'gater was just different. What was cool about the Niner 'gater is that it was wall to wall diehards, true belivers. The '95 deal was a combo of diehards and the wagon, but for sheer magnitude, it is unrivaled in Chargers history.

17. Jared91121

Jared91121 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Yea when the Padres made it to the World Series it was a sight to be seen..still remember i think it was a sign for "Hoff Bridge" or something in Del Mar being changed to "Hoffman Bridge" via a poster haha.

In regards to "For one fan to question another on their loyalty to the team is, in my opinion unfair." Point Noted. Didn't mean it like that however, just more of a reminiscence for the times when I could proclaim LT as the best back in the league among peers and get :icon_huh:

On another note:
    Only been able to make it to the pre-season game versus GB (aka game 1 of Phillip Rivers Era) because of the fact I'm stuck studying in cold *** England until mid-December. Ill make sure to see you guys out at the Qwhen I get back..all invited to my UCSD pad for pre-pre-game haha..

-BIG J

18. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    The AFC Championship game in Cincy, the Downpour in Miami in '92, Mark Vlasic, Mark Malone, Billie Joe Tolliver, Jermain Fazande, Bryan Still, Michael Ricks, Darren "Alexis" Carrington, the '94 Super Bowl, the '03 nightmare, David Boston... I could go on.

19. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    That was the only game I attended that year. Thank God for John Carney's 52 yard figgy.

20. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    That 1-15 season is the one season which showed the resolve of our Bolt tailgaters. Not only ours but many fans.

We partied harder than the winning teams so when they came out to run it on us after the games, they were embarassed we were having a better time than them. They had no ammo because we were in the "so what mode" and do you want a beer and do you want to join us ? :icon_toast:

One Seattle Seahawk chick was so impressed she wanted us to sign her Seahawk thong after they kicked the **** out of us.....it was pre-season a few years ago.

Anyway, the hardcore fans who attend know it is more than just a game - it is an experience and sometimes and adventure. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_party:

21. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I saw fans up around the lights and thought for sure someone would get killed. There were a few up there. That was nuts.

22. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings:
    +288

PREACH ON BDH, PREACH ON!!!!!!!!

23. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Hey BDH, when is your new Rivers jersey scheduled to arrive?

24. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Thank you JARED for your thread. We#re feeling someway the same.
    In 27 years now since Fouts and Coryell days there haven#t been much years like this one. only 30% postseason games. So I#m somewhat dizzy and happy. Our guys get no.1 polls. Calm down get focused
    Next week against the big silver&black enemy.

• Like Like x 1
  25. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings:
    +288

Yeah, but long time posters like you I don't mind trolling, it's the new comers. :yes:

26. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    :tup:

27. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
  28. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Re: Bandwagoners...

I think the same posters who whine incessantly about our difficulties selling out some games are the same posters who spit on bandwagoners.

Bandwagon fans will never get the kind of respect that loyalists get, but there's a LOT more of them than us so we should welcome them. Some will stick and eventually become loyalists. Then they'll pass on their loyalties to their kids and eventually we won't worry about selling out games or the team making money any more. Others will come and go but at least they may put their butts in a seat on occasion and spend some money on team merchandize when it suits them, which helps the organization. This is how teams like the Cowboys, Steelers, Redskins, and Raiders built their fanbases. They won superbowls, fans jumped onto their bandwagon and some of them never left.

I think the bandwagon is necessary to our future success.

• Like Like x 1
  29. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    At Raiderfans.net, I am considered a "Jackass", does that make me a bandwagoner?