1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Seymour head-butted member of San Diego staff?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Jan 23, 2008.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Seymour-head-butted-member-of-San-Diego-staff-?urn=nfl,63283

Profootballtalk.com is reporting San Diego Chargers center Nick Hardwick said that New England Patriots defensive end Richard Seymour applied a head butt to a Chargers coach.

The website also has a YouTube video that seems to capture the moment in question.

The apparent head-butt comes at about the 2:48 mark of the segment. Though the NFL has implemented tight restrictions regarding the interaction of players from opposing teams during pre-game warmups, Seymour looks to be right in the thick of the Chargers' players, jawing with a couple of them. Hartwick accused Seymour of dirty play following Sunday's AFC Championship.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zVCFpGJO02Y&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zVCFpGJO02Y&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

2. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    wow Seymour is a POS

3. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Same guy who has stomped on opposing players' heads, no surprise. They always try to pull this stuff to provoke reactions from less experienced players who always then get penalized for it

4. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Good for mcneil. He's been standing in between several skirmishes the last two years. He's gonna get a huge 2nd contract.

From what I'm starting to see with these dirty tricks and plays by other teams. Its like what does it matter. The nfl will only fine you a few thousand dollars and I'm guessing the team will give the player a little extra that week for doing what he was told to do. Both the titans and pats like the raters of old know that they can do whatever they want. They'll get thier hand slapped and thats it. The nfl has to come down alot harder on these purposeful dirty plays. Some of the titans should have been suspened for several games.

But the thing is. LIke the titans. They take out 3 or so of our best players. Who will if they aren't permanently hurt will hobble the rest of the season. And as we see it did hurt us down the strech. The refs should jump on these contract hits quickly. Or else the league is just a cheap shot dirty league where contract hits are allowed. And almost accepted.

My answer to that is if it persists A.j. should find a few hit men of his own. And if a game looks like it could be played dirty by the other team set up plays like the titans do to purposely hurt the other teams star players. That may get the point across to the other team. What else can a team do. If cheap shot dirty plays and hits are accepted in the league.

5. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
  6. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192

It's also in the mighty1090 audio vault.

7. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Since it was also shown on Gillette Stadium's JumboTron, I'd like to see Seymour explain his way out of this one.

"Hey, my own team is fabricating this shiat!"
    :unsure:

8. ChargersNguyen

ChargersNguyen BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    I always thought Seymore was a d*ck

9. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192

Yea, he's a dirty *****, and everyone knows it. He has been doing this crap for years, and it looks like Wilpoke has started doing it as well. The Patriots always seem to be one inch from getting a personal foul penalty, and when the other team doesn't take their crap, they will inevitably have the flag thrown on them. The oline needs to take the fifteen yard penalty and take Seymour out of the game next time.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    i'd like to get an explanation as to wtf he was doing on the charger side of the field prior to the game

11. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I don't dispute that the dude is probably a grade A diickhead. But this kind of stuff isn't that unusual. I'd be more concerned about the coach who was choosing to engage in the jawing with him, rather than walk away and/or try to keep his player(s) from getting into it too much him. If he's gonna get face to face with a d-lineman who has his helmet on and is getting into it with the guy he's about to face in battle, as a coach, you either pull your guy out of there or stay out of it yourself and let your guy handle his business. Or... you get a little facemask in the chops.

Fact is, the won the game. Hardwick just needs to bottle it all up, keep his mouth shut, and exact some revenge on the guy next year.

12. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I disagree. If something was done during the game that was very malicious and bad it should be brought up.

Some of you just like to hide under the covers and put your hands over your ears and eyes and say nothing bad has happened. Geez. WAke up.

Only way things get better is you see that what happened was wrong. And you bring it up. Otherwise you've got your head in the sand.

Its really starting to look like the nfl is the get away with murder league. Its fine to do whatever just as long as you win. Geez.

13. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Actually, it appeared to me that the Chargers coach was trying to pull away McNeill from engaging with Seymour, and then Seymour began going off on the Chargers coach. That's when McNeill popped back in.

14. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    :icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted: Let's get dangerous :icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted:

15. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I like your other idea of just getting down and dirty with some "goons" on the field... as opposed to talking shiit after you lost the game. If shiit was so dirty, Nick should just track down Seymour and tangle with him. He won't be too hard to find... try Arizona first, then Hawaii. If that doesn't work, wait 'til next year and chop block that fukker on the first play of the game.

Otherwise, just shut up for now.

16. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    yep who goes off on a coach lol, he thinks he is warren sapp or what

17. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    If I'm Spanos, I go to the commish tell him I'll take the fines, but I will police the problem myself on the field by returning the compliment. I then tell my coach to draw up the plays we need to accomplish this and then make sure they are practiced in camp so that they will be ready when the time comes.

18. skawash

skawash BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    well said!!:icon_toast:

19. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    My guess is that he was stepping in to protect his player. Seymour was not supposed to be on the Chargers side of the field there. So the coach was probably just telling him to get the fuc out of there. I kind of think that's his job. :icon_shrug:

20. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Being at the game I noticed something that most on TV wouldn't have seen...Remember back to last years PO game...The Pats were announed and didn't come out until the Chargers were actually coming onto the field...

This year, the Chargers were announced by the Pats PA guys and nothing happened, they didn't come out...5 minutes later, as soon as the Pats started to come onto the field, the Chargers as a big gaggle wondered out onto the field.

I asked Laslavic at the airport if he knew anything about it and he kinda laughed...

Damn I wish we would have whopped thier asses...Those fans were scared at halftime...

• Like Like x 1
  21. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    That very well may be what the coach was doing in that shot. I just didn't see it that way when I watched the tape.

On Inside the NFL tonight I noticed a shot of Brady coming onto the field (or could have been the sideline). But he goes running by Shaun Phillips and "pats" him on the head and laughs... as the camera shows Phillips clearly jawing at him and it's just brady laughing him off. So it looks like both sides were co-mingling a little bit.

Like I said, I didn't think there was anything too unusual about this interaction given the intensity of the moment and the history of these teams. Just a good ol' backyard brawl.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    In the game.

They targeted LTs knee on the first few plays.

Gerble takes a leg whip shot at Rivers injured Right Knee, almost tripping him.

Classy team they have there. :tdown:

23. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171

:tup: :bolt:

24. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Exactly what I was thinking!!!

25. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    It's hard to tell from the video, however Seymour Butts seems to push his face towards the coach and it looks like the coaches head jerks back a little bit. Can't tell if that's just the coach backing up or if his face was hit by the mask of that jackhole.

Why would Harwick say anything if it wasn't true? I wonder if the coach got to the sidelines and mentioned anything....or had a cut.

Harwick must be privy to something we aren't. If the coach WAS in fact head-butted, I'm sure it would have been mentioned when the Oline was huddled on the bench at some point. Maybe Harwick started the game with this knowledge and just focused on all the stuff that Seymour was doing..... making it even more "apparent".

I hope the NFL looks into this. Of all the crap LT has taken needlessly, this is something that should be written about and investigated.

26. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    I agree what Seymour did was bullsh*t... but I am sooo sick of all the complaining after we lose (or even win)... Can our players please just stop *****ing. It's embrassing.

27. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    If the NFL really wants to clamp down on this type of behavior, they'll quit with the fines & start levying more suspensions. You may be able to help a player out financially on a fine, but you can't put him out on the field if he's suspended.

Losing a star player is what hurts the team. Do it enough & teams will start policing themselves better. I don't want to see us take any crap, but I also don't want to see our team turn into a bunch of cheap-shot artists. :no:

Goodell - do your phuc-ing job!!!

28. Gregor

Gregor BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree....we need to STFU after the game if we lose because it makes us look like whiners and not the hard nosed physical team that we are... I was listening to sports talk radio in boston and now there calling themselves are "daddy"...god I hate those pukes...the only way we can ever get revenge is we need to beat them in a playoff game and end there season like they have done to us the past two years.