1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Seymour will see action on Monday Night Football

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BeerGuy, Sep 12, 2009.

1. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    He's coming for you....and he's not happy........

[​IMG]

2. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Not happy? Just got stabbed in the back by his team and totally thrown under the bus to be stuck onto the raiders. Not happy barely scratches the surface. This dude should be on suicide watch.

3. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    first off when did he report, and whats he going to do, kick everyone? He is old and thats why the Patriots got rid of him.

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    He's supposed to be in town today & play Mon. night.

He could give Clary some trouble. :unsure:

5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    He won't make a bit of difference in this game.

Let's not forget... not only is he on the downside of his career, but he's also switching defensive schemes. Yeah yeah... it's not like he has to reinvent himself, but it ain't just gonna be plug n play.

The Raiders now run a 4-3 and he's going to be lined up at RDT. So my only real concern is him going against a rookie (Vasquez). If anything, Greg Ellis (RDE) is going to give Clary some trouble, but I'm sure we'll have Manu and Kris Wilson lining up next to him to help. These guys won't be able to gel in time to be truly effective vs. our offense.

Rivers will throw for 300.

Sproles will have at least 2 TDs

LT will probably get 100 + 1TD

Welcome to the basement Seymour. You can thank Bill Belichick for your current predicament.

6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AqpOIINhNooCl6Ls5koGkMo5nYcB?slug=ap-raiders-seymour&prov=ap&type=lgns

ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP)—The Oakland Raiders reportedly sent defensive lineman Richard Seymour(notes) a letter giving him until Tuesday to report to the team or face a possible season-long suspension.

The Boston Herald reported Friday that Seymour was hand-delivered the so-called “five-day letter” on Thursday, four days after Oakland acquired the five-time Pro Bowler from the New England Patriots for a 2011 first-round draft pick.

So instead of adding a dominant defensive lineman for their season opener against the San Diego Chargers on Monday night, the Raiders are left waiting to see what happens.

“We come in hoping to see him here and then we’re promptly disappointed,” Raiders All Pro cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha(notes) said Seymour hasn’t publicly talked since Sunday’s trade from one of the NFL’s model franchises to the one that has lost the most games in the league over the past six years. His agent, Eugene Parker, has not returned phone calls seeking comment.

If Seymour does not report to the Raiders by Tuesday, the team could place him on a suspended list without pay at any time. That would prohibit him from playing for any team this season and roll over his contract for another year. Seymour would then not be eligible for free agency next season. The Raiders would retain his rights in 2010 for $3.7 million.

Raiders coach Tom Cable said he had no knowledge of a letter being sent, but does not see Seymour’s absence as being a distraction for his team heading into the opener.

“I’ve really felt like it’s not an issue until we have something concrete that we know will happen,” Cable said. “So, with that in mind, it’s just been business as usual in terms of getting this team ready to play. I think that’s the right approach. I think we all are hoping that he’s going to show up. But the bottom line is that until we have something one way or the other, we have to stay the course with San Diego.”

Seymour, who turns 30 next month, has been a stalwart in New England since being drafted sixth overall in 2001. He played on three Super Bowl winners with the Patriots, recording 39 career sacks and being selected to the Pro Bowl for five straight seasons beginning in 2002.

The Raiders were looking to upgrade a run defense that was the worst in the league during the exhibition season and has been the worst over the past six seasons.

“I don’t know what’s going on in the situation right now,” defensive end Greg Ellis(notes) said. “We obviously would love to have him here, but I respect Richard. He’s married with a wife and kids. People so many times want to say, ‘Well, those athletes want money, money, money.’ But you have to understand we are people. We do have wives, and we do have kids, and he’s a guy who has both a wife and kids. They’re in school out on the East Coast, so to jump up in a matter of a week and get out here and be ready to play a whole season. Do you bring your wife and kids or you leave your wife and kids? So it’s a tough situation.”

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Seymour said he planned to be on the field when the Raiders open their season Monday night against the San Diego Chargers.

"I’ll be the guy on top of the quarterback," Seymour said.

Nice to see he's still an *******

I can't see how he'd know any of the defensive calls or formations or plays - he'd get in everybody's way. How is this a good thing for them?

8. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Seymour traveling to Oakland, will report to Raiders
    Posted: September 12th, 2009 | NFL.com Staff | Tags: New England Patriots, Oakland Raiders, Richard Seymour

Defensive end Richard Seymour is traveling to Oakland today and will report to his new team, Seymour said via text. Eugene Parker, Seymour’s agent, also confirmed that Seymour plans to report to the Raiders.

Seymour spent the last week near his Boston home following the Sept. 6 trade that sent his rights from the Patriots to the Raiders for a 2011 first-round pick.

Seynour has one year left on his contract and had been unhappy with the trade, as well as his contract status, according to a source. He could have faced forfeiture of his $3.7 million salary and losing a year of service time towards free agency had he failed to report to Oakland

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/09/12/de-seymour-traveling-to-oakland-will-report-to-raiders/

9. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Merriman has a siezure every time he touches a QB and you fault Seymour for a silly quote.......shame, shame, shame....

As for not knowing the calls.......aren't you guys the conspiracy theorists that claim the Pats know EVERYONES plays ahead of time? By your own claims, Seymour should be intimately familiar with the Raiders defensive schemes.:lol:

In all seriousness, though, he can't make much difference for the Raiders on Monday night, or any other night for that matter.

10. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    I thought Garcia got cut.

11. creeboltz

creeboltz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    It'll be a Silver and Black Back-to-Back Threeway!!!!!

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Aren't you the one who claims that stuff is BS and that the Pats really don't cheat? :icon_shrug:

And Seymour is still a dick, at least Merriman plays hard and doesn't act like a putz. Just because your jealous of his success and his lights out dance............

13. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    That's a pretty funny post. Great sense of humor.

I'll even rep you for that one.

14. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    when Merriman stopped doing the lights out dance b/c he didnt want it to be a distraction or ammunition to be used against the team the fans and his teammates begged him to bring it back.

the dance is for US not for you - so boo hoo - our guys dont' take cheap shots on opponents knees :p they kick *** and do a little dance big ****ing deal.

15. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    If he plays RDE, wouldn't he be across from Kris Dielman?

16. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Not everyone with a lisp is gay.

17. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Sorry, I thought that whole, "In all seriousness, though," part of my post would have indicated that I was being sarcastic.:icon_huh:

18. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I was intended to be dry and sarcastic but it didn't work out as well

19. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80

Okay.....then SD fans, and Merriman's teammates should never complain when another teams player does it to them. Merriman is allowed to complain all he wants, though, because he decided to stop doing it before he caved in to peer pressure.

Personally, I couldn't care less about his spasmodic celebration. I shrug it off as just another childish, "look at me" moment for a coddled professional athlete. Maybe he should borrow some of T.O.'s moves......

When my players make a similar spectacle of themselves I feel the same way. I guess I'm old school in that regard. Nothing speaks to a persons true character more than the way they handle themselves in both victory and defeat.

20. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    I'm with you, no worries.

21. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I wish more of our players were diicks like Seymour.

Hell... I wish more of our players wanted to win a Championship as much as they want people to know what they're are doing and thinking every second of the day.

But, in all seriousness... Seymour is a diick.

22. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Oh No we're Doomed!
    Doomed I tell you!
    :crying:

:icon_confused:

Naw it'll be ok, oakland still sucks!
    :lmfao:

23. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80

We had Seymore & Brady and we still couldn't beat the Giants. I think you'll be fine against he Raiders.

Hell, the Lions might be able to give the Raiders a run for their money.

Though....this could be a trap game for the Bolts.........:joke:

24. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I don't care if another team has a sack dance or TD dance or an INT dance - It's a game, it's supposed to be fun. Fans pay a shitload of money to the NFL to pay these athletes and line the pockets of the owners and executives. I want to see good football and I want to get fired up for my team in return. As long as that's happening, they can dance all they want to. Don't go putting on a performance of Swan Lake or anything but a 3 second jump 'n shake isn't hurting anybody.

The way I see it... You want to be mad? Be mad that the oline failed you or the QB didn't get rid of the damn ball.

I know one thing the Chargers don't do - they don't go dance around on another team's logo after a win :icon_shrug:

25. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    How do you know? What meaningful game have you won?

I'll make a bet with you. I think the Chargers will come to Foxboro for a snowy AFC Championship game. IF the Chargers win, I bet some Chargers nit wit will do a dance on the Pats logo at the middle of the field. BTW, if you do win, I'll be the first to congratulate you guys/ladies.

I'm conflicted about the "dance" on your logo. On it's face it is completely bush league, the pinnacle of poor sportsmanship. But.......to mock the silly sack dance was entertaining. I liked the concept, but I have to take issue with the geography of its execution.

I'll tell you one thing, though, to pitch a hissy fit like LT did.........that's a character flaw.

26. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    YOU =

[​IMG]

27. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    :icon_huh: WTF was I thinking?

Had my head up my ***... RDT means he's gonna be mixin' it up with Dielman/McNeil + Hardwick.

So he's fuc.ked either way.

ThxKbye. :lol:

28. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Yea, he made a big difference in the matchup last year. Was it thirty points we put on the patriots?

29. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Hell .. we aren't in the habit of jumping on other team's logo after a playoff game either.

30. scottbbo1

scottbbo1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    I wouldn't worry, he hasn't had a sack against SD in his entire career and only like 14 tackles.