1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Shanarat "A Study Of Arrogance"

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...We've all been watching this mousey rat-faced man coach one of our most hated rivals over the years. He's always had an air of arrogance about him that sickens me. A few things about that horrible game last Sunday really stick in my craw. It has less to do with Hochuli but more to do with what that rat-faced phuck did after Hochuli spotted the ball at the 10. The first play on 3rd and goal...was a running play, virtually forcing a 4th down conversion that he was so cockily sure they'd convert. It ate prescious seconds off the clock, damn I wish the Bolts cherished timeouts the way I would. Then without even a second thought, he goes for two, when traditional judgement says you go for the tie and does it with EXACTLY the same play that produced the TD. He does it not only because he has no confidence in his defense stopping the Bolts if they should happen to win an overtime coin flip but maybe more so because he has no respect for this joke of a defense woefully coached by Ted Cottrell. Are you getting pissed enough to do something Fat Teddy? Personally, I think he went for two for the worst reason, BECAUSE HE CAN! If he had failed, his ratbutt-kissin owner would have been okay with it. Imagine Norv going for the 2 and missing it...the press, media and fans would have had him for lunch. The final piece of utter gall was to drop that kickoff into Sproles' hands. After the career day that mighty mite had, that's the last place I would have directed a kick-off after watching him dash up and down the field against my team.

Perhaps Jim Rome said it best yesterday. "Shanahan went for two because maybe he felt that after Hochuli's crew mastered the broken replay machine ploy, and later gave him the ball after a sure fumble, surely he would bail him out again had the 2 Pt conversion failed".

• Like Like x 1
  2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    **** Shanarat AND Fat Teddy. :icon_evil:

3. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    My mother-in-law asked me "think he'll go for 2 if they score?" and I said "hell yes he will", "really? why?" she asked... "because he's an arrogant prick playing with house money."

Everyone seems to think he's got big 'ol balls going for 2, but it was really the obvious choice to make. At that point it was a near certainty that they would get into the endzone [between our defense against the pass all day and the refs handing them possession/field position]. It was 50/50 that they would get the ball in OT and if the Chargers had gotten it with more than a piddly 23 seconds we would have likely scored.

Oh well - karma's a *****. Can't wait to see his smug face in December after we kick their *** in our house, WITHOUT help from the officials or "broken" hard drives.

4. slick

slick BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    I think all NFL head coaches have to be a little arrogant don't they?

Him going for two was more of a lack of confidence in his defense... and we all know that a coin flip would have decided the game.

Defense was not played by either team last Sunday.

December might be ugly for us Bronco fans.

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I really don't have a problem with him going for 2.
    The problem I have with Shanarat is that he is the chop block king.
    He did it on Sunday as well.

6. slick

slick BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    He certainly did. It's the only way he can get away with late round picks and cast-offs as starting lineman (less Clady).

You can thank Alex Gibbs for the system. He taught the Falcons (had a hell of a rushing offense in Atlanta when he was there), now the Texans too.

7. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    For your viewing pleasure, the spokesman of the Bronco fan base:

8. montanabolthead

montanabolthead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30

I saw Jamal get cut blocked a few times.

Shanarat's claim to fame came on the back of Elway, to whom Shanarat owes his very existence. Now that he's blamed everyone else for the Donko's tanking every season, who is left for him to blame when they tank this season? Will he fire himself? Stay tuned!

9. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Is that an old family video of Shanarat when he was a chubby kid?

10. BroncoJoe

BroncoJoe Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    Good lord. Do you guys serve any cheese with all this whining?

11. frauschieze

frauschieze BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Because he can? No kidding. Every coach after every touchdown has the ability to go for two. Sounds like you've got a bit of envy because Bowlin and trusts Shanahan to make the on field decisions.

In all reality, it was a simple decision: Give the on-fire offense a chance to win the game, or leave it all up to a coin toss and run the risk of letting the sad excuse for a defense back on the field. You should hope Turner would be smart enough to make the same call if the situation was reversed.

12. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...If it had happened to your team, you would have shot your dog, divorced your goat and then hung yourself. Get lost donko :tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  13. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    I listened to an interview of Shannarat on Sirius and he basically said for the Chargers to get over it!

14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

The only thing that keeps you from whining is that NFL's got your back.
    It was proven beyond doubt on Sunday!!!
    Replay screen doesn't work and then a blown call.

Neither Ed or the Invesco Field employees will be there to sit on your face on 12/28!!!

15. WyomingBoltFan

Ratings:
    +312
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

16. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Hey, a win is a win. It's still a win on his record.
    But it should look like this...

*BRONCSO 39 - CHARGERS 38

*NFL biased judgement

17. WyomingBoltFan

Ratings:
    +312
    I think from now on when the Chargers play the Donks it is going to be a huge huge rival game. Shannarat will stop at nothing to get a win including bribes because of how bad we made him look last year. They looked so bad that rumors were flying about getting fired etc. Shannarat can kiss my ***.

18. frauschieze

frauschieze BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Bah. The Chargers aren't a rival. They are the red-headed stepchildren of the AFC West. Two or three years does not a rivalry make.

19. frauschieze

frauschieze BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Oh and just so you know, even if the replay machine had been working, the INT would have stood, per NFL spokesman Greg Aiello. Sorry to take one more excuse away from you guys.

20. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Cut blocking is a legal tactic, though I don't think it should be. Diving at people's knees is kind of chickenshit, but everyone does it to some degree. I don't care for it much as the main staple of your offensive line.

21. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    People are understandably pissed. I guess it's nice to be on the other end and feel all superior.

22. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

Who cares what that clown says. Simultaneous possession *****. Now get he **** back to whatever hole you crawled out of.

23. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    WOW!!!!
    How long have you bee a Broncos fan for? three years? :icon_eek:

This rivalry did NOT start two or three years ago. It goes back to the 70's!!

Though obviously during the Leaf era, Broncos probably didn't look at us much because we weren't exactly a tough team to beat but that didn't kill the long time rivalry.

24. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

That's NOT what all the commentators and everybody else who saw that footage said.

The Broncos themselves knew it WOULD have been overturned.
    How else do you explain that out of the thousands of employees and cameras, not one was working?

Go away, Inbred Donkey Trash!!

25. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    Greg Aiello wouldn't have been the one looking at the screen, so there's no way to know that. But if you keep spinning it enough, you'll eventually actually believe that you deserved the win.

Facts are facts, you guys won the game. But if you have any integrity, you know it stunk, and you wouldn't be talking **** about it.

Last year we were handed a regular season game against the Colts (though not by poor officiating) and I never felt like it was some kind of chest-beating accomplishment. We got away with one, and that's how I still view it. There were all kinds of ways that I could make a case that we deserved to win the game, but deep down I knew better.

26. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    Plus, I'm sure the NFL is in full *** cover mode right now, so what else would he say "Yeah, the Chargers got screwed on that one too, sorry guys."

27. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

That and our home opener against the Bears last season. A camera wire came to our rescue in that one.

After the win over the Colts, I was glad we won but was also disgusted that we had a missed field goal (that should have been easy) to thank for it.

Than again... this guy thinks the rivalry between his team and the Chargers started 2-3 yeas ago!!! :lol:

28. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    No that's not it, he's just being a douche.

It's his way of saying the Chargers suck, they aren't as good as the Broncos, ergo there is no rivalry. It's ludicrous of course, ALL teams have rivalries will ALL other teams in their division, after all they play each other twice every season.

If he doesn't think everyone in their locker room wanted to kick San Diego's ***, he's deluding himself. It's too bad that the game played out the way it did.

29. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I can only go by what he posted.

I say "he's just as ignorant about his team's history as Raiders fans!!!" :lol:

He probably thinks John Elway is still playing!!! :lol:

30. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Funny... the Donkey's got the W, and yet their fans still can't let it go. They feel the need to come here and make sure we know how "superior" their team is after being handed a win. :lol:

We all saw the same game - we all know what happened on that field - gloating about how awesome your team is after they blew a 2 TD lead at the half, gave up 21 unanswered points and were only saved thanks to one of the most craptastic mis-calls by an official in NFL history is so pathetic.

Charger fans have a legitimate reason for being pissed. Will they get over it? Most of us will, but it's only been 3 days. If this had happened to the Donks instead of the Bolts - we all know that Donkey fans would be screaming just as loudly. If you don't want to read the negative comments from Charger fans how about this newfangled idea: DON'T READ THE CHARGERS FAN BOARD.

p.s. Shanahan is still a tool, no matter how well or how poorly the Donkey's play. It is what it is.