1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Shanarat fires Donks D Coordinator

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Shamrock, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
  2. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    The question is when will Denver ownership get tired of Shanarat ..

3. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171

Exactly. :yes:

4. JBerrier

JBerrier BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    They'll keep rebuilding until they find someone that can slow down the Bolts. :icon_rofl: Sometimes you just have to realize your donkey is lame and you have to put him down!

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    they keep trying to rebuild and keep ending up back in second place

life's a ***** isn't it donkies?

6. reddenedbeard

Ratings:
    +112
    It's nice to be on the other side of these things for a change.

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Not soon enough to save their season. :lol:

I hope he stays - it's fun kicking the crap out of their lame asses!! :yes:

8. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I don't think the Donks will even challenge for second place in the AFC West next season. They'll be battling the Squaws for the cellar.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Its scary to think that the Raiders might be the only team that's heading north in the rankings, and that's not saying TOO much

10. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243

I listened to a panel of "experts" (included Pat Kirwan) on Sirius last week, and they unanimously said the one team that didn't make the playoffs that they expect to be in the '08 postseason is the Donkeys.

I tried calling in, but couldn't get through. I just want to know .... why?

The Donks OL sucks, and their left tackle, Lepsis, just retired. Their RB's suck. Scheffler is a decent TE, but not top ten material. Javon Walker wants out of Denver, and Rod Smith is going to have hip replacement surgery. Cutlet is Jeff George, 20 years later. All world talent, but has **** for brains. He's nothing special above the shoulders.

Then there is the defense. Three straight years with a new DC. No DL. They have one good player on the DL, Dumervil, and he's basically just a pass rusher, and limited against the run. Their MLB is really and OLB, and the other two guys are stiffs. One good CB in Bailey, and no safeties worth a ****.

Then there is the complete lack of depth, buy hey, when your starters are average or crappy, that means your backups must really suck.

Then there is the Squaws ....

No QB, and a RB who got his money and headed straight for the trainer's table. A great TE who is going to be one year older. One good, but young, WR in Bowe. OL sucks.

Defense? No CB's. A couple young safeties that have promise. The front seven is decent, but still needs a couple more players.

Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards said that the Squaws "may have 20-25 new faces" for 2008 on the roster. Then they proceeded to throw their assistants under the bus by firing most of them, including the OC and WR coach Charlie Joiner. When KC sucks again next season, Lamar Hunts' family should take a good look at what the real problem is on that team - Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards.

Donkey and Squaw fans will continue to puff their chests and talk big, but talent wise, they have very little to be excited about - and they have people running their personnel decisions that have a very poor recent track record.

Basement. Both should start looking at the top ten available players for the '09 draft.

11. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I heard on Sirius that Pennington may be headed for KC.

12. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Why do they say the Donkies can make it?

Because even the East Coast Media knows the Chiefs (whom they don't like anyway) and the Raiders (who they sorta like) suck more or less and most of these media *******s like the Donkies and hate the Chargers so they pick the Donkies over and over and over again.

Stupidity is making the same choice over and over again expecting different results when nothing has changed.

Hell it isn't too different from the Padres since the ESPN media loves the Dodgers they keep picking them to go to the playoffs, they keep sucking and they can't comprehend it.

13. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    They all pick the Donks to win the AFC West every preseason.

Then they cite the mantra, "Shanarat is a genius" and all that crap. Whatever. We've seen how Shanarat's handiwork for the past few seasons.

I'd like to know how the Donks are going to find at least EIGHT new viable starters for defense, while filling at least THREE gaping holes on their OL.

Next year, we'll see the Donks fire the next one year wonder DC .....

14. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I've heard Schein and a few others pushing for that too. If it happens, I hope NYJ *** fukks them in compensation.

That's about as dumb as Miami acquiring Trent Green this past year. Why waste cap room and draft choices to acquire a guy that isn't going to make your team any better?

15. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Shanahan had a few good season with some great players on his team. Some he got lucky on, others he inherited. I say he is vastly over rated.

16. reddenedbeard

Ratings:
    +112
    [​IMG]

17. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    :icon_rofl: :icon_party:

18. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    It's just Shanahan's yearly scapegoat. He thinks everyone will overlook the ******** that hired Bates in the first place. I think Shanahan will churn out a few more mediocre seasons and then be done, one way or another. I can't believe that media guys still swing off his nuts like they do. The only post-Elway success he's had was in 2005, and that was mostly because of a very good defense (two coordinators ago.) This is the Chargers division.

19. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    How many years now since Denver won a playoff game?

20. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    05 I think before Pittsburgh beat them at home

Edit: If Pennington goes to KC it eliminates any chance the Chiefs have of establishing a deep passing attack. Bowe is a deep threat receiver and Gonzalez has that same ability even if its dropping. Pennington has an arm that makes Drew Brees look like Jeff George; and safeties can literally walk 30yds from the line of scrimmage and no pass will ever go further. We'd lock up the division against the Chiefs for 5 years if not more.

21. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    My wife was watching total access a week or so ago when they mentioned the Pennington to KC rumor so she told me and under my breath I said "please".

KC w/ Herm is going nowhere. They need WHOLESALE changes there just to be competative. The Raiders, as bad as they were, are much closer to being competitive than KC (if Oak hangs on to Kiffin, there are rumors on rf.net that he may already be on the way out).

22. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402

Someone has to take the blame. How about the guy that aquired all those scrubs like the entire Browns DL and drafting Clarett and signing a WR to a big deal who doesnt want to play for them anymore?

Who is at fault there Shanarat?

23. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    I live close enought to Denver to pick up their radio stations. It's pretty funny listening to all the crying donk fans calling the station wanting Shanarat's head. :trout: He probably has one more sub par year left in him then he's gone. The Chargers should be AFC West champs for the next 5 or 6 years.

24. The Admiral

The Admiral BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    Pennington's arm is on the verge of falling off

I hope he does go over to KC

25. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +685
    This is just getting better.

KC - Need to fire Peterson and Edwards, but I hope they keep those 2 around as they are a disaster.

Den - That whole team is going down the tubes as Shammy pointed out the details in a post.

Oak - Rebuilding for the next 2 years min.