1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Shannarat a good fit for the Big "D"

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by When Lightning Strikes, Dec 31, 2008.

1. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Not true. Shannahan needs a non-control type owner.

3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Exactly. They'd always be trying to out-******* each other. :yes:

4. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40
    I agree. And I doubt Shannahan takes a job unless he has significant control over player personnel decisions. If one of those jobs is not forthcoming I bet he stays home and collects his millions.

5. Tned

Tned BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    I think that's the perception of Shanahan, but I'm not sure it is completely true. I think more accurately, he needs an owner will do whatever it takes to win. As much as I dislike Jones, he falls in that category.

I think what Shanahan will look for, because he will be able to Cherry pick his job:

1. A good QB, preferably youngish
    2. Good overall talent on offense, since that is his thing
    3. A team that he feels is close to being a SB winning team
    4. An owner that will do whatever it takes to win

Dallas fits all of that. San Diego fits all of that. Both coaches are on the hot seat.

I'm not sure about the Jets, because they have too many holes, especially at QB, assuming Bret retires.

There are a number of possibilities, but I would put Dallas and SD at the top of his list, based on the QB/RB's and the talent that is close to winning, with better coaching and a few personell moves.

Obviously, Norv saves his job if he wins it all, or at least gets deep into the playoffs, so that would leave Dallas.

6. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    For Jerry Jones, this is publicity and it's good. Maybe he should make it look it like he's willing to release Wade for Shanahan. That would sure get Wade to coach for his job.

7. Tned

Tned BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Wade Phillips is a very good defensive coordinator, but has never been a good HC.