1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Shaq to the Suns?

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by ChargerRay, Feb 6, 2008.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
  2. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    I'd rather keep Marion

3. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    If Shaq can stay healthy, he will be more effective vs the west centers (Duncan, Bynum, etc.). Plus he has Nash setting him up for easy dunks. But he will need to run up and down the court to keep up with the Suns fast break offense.

4. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Yeah but how long would Shaq be able to stay healthy..that the risk really but then again..life is full of risks

5. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Would someone please tell me how the Big Shaqtus (his new Phoenix name....the Big Cactus...get it?) fits into a run and gun track team offense like the Suns use.

Do they just plan to post him in half court under one basket for 20-25 minutes per game?

The logic of a trade that will cost them the rest of his $20 million contract this year and for the next two years escapes me.

6. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Phoenix Suns are gey :yes: :icon_rofl:

7. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    The world is crazy when I'm agreeing with the Patricheater fan ......

I don't get this trade from the PHNX perspective. The Suns are a running team, and this will slow them down. Every team tries to get them in a half court game. Having Shaq isn't going to help them there either, as he is old, slow and injury prone.

PHNX made a desperate move. If they don't win the title this year, then they have severely hampered themselves for future years without gaining anything.

As a Spurs fan, I just shrug my shoulders. Marion gave us more fits than Shaq has lately.

8. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Wouldn't mind seeing Marion in Black & Silver next season.

9. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Shaq is awesome. I care nothing for the NBA, but the Suns will win a championship this year!

10. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    FINALLY! a thread for me to bleed my basketball colors!

listen to this. the addition of shaq does a LOT more than everyone believes it will. i would have hoped to be able to keep marion AND gaining shaq, but whatever. shaq will give this team a SOLID big man. look what the suns have done with grant hill and you tell me that shaq cant be healthy in phoenix. shaq gets the board nash and the other three bolt down court and score in about.... 3-5 seconds. hmm. sounds like a bad trade to me. NOT.

i BLEED PURPLE and ORANGE

PHX SUNS 2008 NBA FINALS CHAMPIONS