1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Shareece Wright ready to spread his wings

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Link

SAN DIEGO -- Shareece Wright could be looking for a new place to play for the upcoming season. The versatile corner started 14 games and played in a career-high 788 snaps for the San Diego Chargers in 2014, finishing sixth on the team in tackles with 60 and totaling 10 pass breakups.

A third-round selection by the Chargers in 2011, Wright is one of 17 unrestricted free agents for San Diego expected to hit the market in March.

"I would love to come back," Wright said. "This is where I was drafted. This is the team I always wanted to play for. Playing press, man-to-man corner, that's what I do best. And that's what we do a lot here. But it doesn't matter how I feel. It matters how they feel."

Jason Verrett, a first-round draft choice for the Chargers, will likely be penciled in as a starter after rehabbing this offseason from a second shoulder surgery. And Chargers general manager Tom Telesco liked what he saw from veteran Brandon Flowers, who also will be a free agent in March.

Along with Verrett, the Chargers have four other corners on the roster signed for 2015 in Steve Williams, Chris Davis, Greg Ducre and Richard Crawford. The Chargers also worked out CFL standout cornerback Delvin Breaux this month.

"I thought Shareece made some strides from last year to this year," Telesco said. "And he got better. He's done a really nice job for us."

Although he would like to come back, the Southern California native wouldn't mind experiencing another part of the country.

"I'm open to anywhere," he said. "It would be different to get away and get out of California for once in my life. But who knows."

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Perhaps, I've had a mistaken understanding of the word "versatile." ;)

3. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    Perhaps.
    versatile
    1. In gay terminology, top to bottom. Pitcher and Catcher.
    2. with many uses: able or meant to be used in many different ways
    3. moving easily between tasks: able to move easily from one subject, task, or skill to another
    4. changeable: subject to rapid or unpredictable change
    5. zoology free-moving: describes a body part or joint that can turn or move freely in more than one direction, e.g. an insect's antenna
    6. botany attached loosely: describes an anther that is attached to the filament by a small area, allowing it to move more freely
    " He's gonna wanna put his wee wee in my poo poo." = versatile

4. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Go ahead, fly. And watch out for those guys holding shotguns...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Perhaps, he can spread his wings like Cason...... that worked out well for him. ;)

6. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Shareece seems like a real good guy, he's just not a good cornerback so adios senor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Watch him become an all pro for his next team.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Just like Cromartie...

9. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    You just never know and it wouldn't be like it never happened before.

10. NYCharger

NYCharger BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +81
    I thought the Chargers played almost no press-man? Maybe that's part of Shareece's problem.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I dont know, I saw quite a few plays where they were up on the receivers at the LOS. It seemed to me when they gave the receivers 5 to 10 yards that we had the glarring (explosive) issues in coverage.

Then again it is possible the press he is discussing is where he presses against the receiver without looking back for the ball... Kinda draws the yellow hankie...

12. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I think he means as in man up front in this defense, which is also linked to the press terminology. Not lining up at the LOS and playing bump and run and trying to jam or move the WR off his marks.