1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sharpton to ask league to cancel HOF game

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by -Scar-, Mar 19, 2008.

1. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205

Guys A ******** And Not All Of Us Agree With Him All The Time... Believe Me....

2. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    There must be some things that he can't get involved in

3. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I'm all for defending everyones civil right....but somewhere down the line this guy lost my respect.

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    The Associated Press reports Reverend Al Sharpton plans to ask the NFL to cancel the Hall of Fame game over allegations of police misconduct in Canton, Ohio. The National Action Network, founded by Sharpton, said the group is taking action because of police officers' aggressiveness and unnecessary attitude toward the citizens of the city, especially the black citizens. The Indianapolis Colts and Washington Redskins are scheduled to play in the Hall of Fame game Sunday, August 3.

And how does this involve the game?!!!! :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

5. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    He Never Had Mine Honestly But I Guess Some People Really Get Behind This Idiot....I Think It's Just The Older Folk That Rally Around Him Because I Damn Sure Don't....:tdown:

6. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Sharpton is a blowhard

• Like Like x 1
  7. EsDee_in_RI

Ratings:
    +133
    The older people def get behind him cause most of them were part of the civil rights movement. But i guess he makes his money by crying wolf and always claiming racism.....just like in the Duke lacrosse case. It's sad.

• Like Like x 1
  8. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205

I Swear He Preys On Them...:unsure:

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I agree .... and that's what turns me off the most about Sharpton. Not everything is about race. :no: Sure, it's an important issue, but not always the focus, like some folks like to make it.

10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Sharpton ties to do well. But unfortunately I think in many ways his methods increases the division between colors.

I mean, color is only skin deep, why is that an issue? A man's heart and mind is the true measure of them... And that's all I will say about that.

11. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    IMO this guys hurts the black community way more than he helps them and the bottom line is he's a race-baiting crook. This to me seems an act of desperation especially now that a guy like Obama is on the national stage.

12. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    The guy has a full deck of race cards and he pulls them out whenever he gets a chance.

Yes, there may be issues with the police and the community, but that is no reason to try and drag the NFL into this situation. He is just trying to grab some more face time.

He reminds me of a Jesse Jackson wannabe.

13. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    The answer from the NFL should that to cancel the game would mean some players wouldn't be able to show their "game" to have a chance to make a living in the NFL. All other discussion, IMHO, would be extraneous.

14. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    ANYTHING different is an issue. It's starts in school yards and never, ever stops. Rendering the OTHER inferior is the world's most expedient route to self esteem. It will ever be thus. Sharpton is less offensive to me than James Dobson or Pat Robinson, or the latest crop of John Hagee and Rod Parsley.

15. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    I Just Think He's Gone Too Far With This One....The NFL Has Nothing To Do With The Police Department In Canton.....And There Are Plenty Of Us In The Black Community That Still Want To Watch The Game....SERIOUSLY....What Is Taking Away This One Game For This One Day For Three Hours Gonna Do To Stop The Pricks & Hicks In Canton PD Uniforms From Acting Like Complete ***** To Black People???.....Tell Me Al....Please Because The *******s Here In Columbus Have Been Horrendous To Say The Least......Got Dammit Why Not Just Launch An Investigation Into The Police Department???? Because For All That Matter Why Not Just Shut Down The Whole Damn League??? They're *******s To Blacks EVERYWHERE...Especially In The Cities Where Most Of These Games Are Played......But No Let's Shut Down The Hall Of Fame Game In This Small Town For Three Hours...Are You ****in Serious???? I'm Sorry, I'm All For Fair Treatmant And Ending Dumbass Racist Issues But This Is The Weakest **** He Could Do For Some Attention....What???? Are The Police Gonna Be Nice To Blacks For That One Day???? Will They Change Their Ways And Turn Over A New Leaf Or Will They Instead Use That As Fuel To Hate On Blacks Even More?????.....That's Not Just Referring To The Police.....

**** Is Terrorism.....

• Like Like x 1
  16. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    Can some one please tell Al Crapton he doesn't live in the 60's and that the whole civil right issue was settled by the supreme court about 30 years ago. Talk about Al Davis' philosophycal disciple.

Al Crapton needs to move to Africa where his BS would net him some Zulu land and where he can be Shaka or Mugabe.

America is for Americans only! :flag:

Stan :rivers17:

17. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38

Absolutely! No reason to make the NFL change it's plans because of a city issue, what's next cancel the SuperBowl in Miami because of some black guy got a ticket for not wearing his seat belt?

As a man of brown skin this whole NFL/Canton/race thing sounds to me like Sharpton is trying to "shakedown" the Billion dollar NFL for some free cash [Goodell will want to settle this and make Sharpton shut up by throwing him some money at him] so he can give it to that racist guru lover Oabama, sorry, I meant that fire and brimstone loving bigoted preacher loving Obama.

Stan :rivers17:

18. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Dear Sharpton,
    BITE ME
    Love,
    The League

19. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    It's because when "racism" goes from being a valid complaint to being a political tactic you start to see the guy for what he really is. He isn't defending people's rights... he's exercising political muscle, and he doesn't care if he's being fair or not. And in that respect he's no better than the people he accuses of injustice every other week...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    How is it we can have all of these "civil liberties" and special circumstances for the "minority". Look around people. The Caucasians are now the minority.

I'm hollerin' 'scrimination on this one. I'm a minority NFL fan who has to have his football game or I'll have a million cheerleader march on the white house. :icon_eek:

21. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I agree 100%.

I want the Game to be played because I am the minority here and need reparations for this. Give me my game please because I demand it. :lol:

22. EsDee_in_RI

Ratings:
    +133
    True...I just hate the way this deucsh twisted Dr. King's words for his own greed. I wish people just got along and stopped all this race crap. I may look Mexican but I am American. :icon_toast::flag::