1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Shaun Phillips 50/50(questionable) against Rams, will be ready for Browns

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Talagang Pinoy, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Talagang Pinoy

Talagang Pinoy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Jim Stone on KNSD 39 reports that Phillips is out of the boot and his calf is healing realy quickly and is Shottemheimer says 50/50 against the Rams.

But Phillips told Jim Stone "no way against the Rams" but told Stone that he will be ready for the Browns a week from Sunday.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Saw that. VERY good news! I would like him to sit out the Browns and give it another week...

3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I agree. If he doesn't play this Sunday, I would also want him to sit out versus the Browns.

I think we'll beat Cleveland here at home without him. Let him heal up nicely because he'll really be needed for the two games after Cleveland, versus the Bengals in Cincinnati and cheatin' Donks in Mile High.

4. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Classic!! Rex Navarette!!

5. T10

T10 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    Wow, first 4 weeks out, then 2, now a 50% chance he plays against the Rams! Do they have Mr. Miyagi as the team doctor? :lol:

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    that's incredibly fast
    wow its like he took a magic supplement and healed instan....... oops:lol:

7. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    Good news...we just need to weather a few weeks and the defense will be back clicking on all cylinders for the stretch run. Now in the mean time, just go out and beat the **** out the Rams.

8. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    :eek:hmy:

Hey, he is just eating all that beef and working out hardcore!:icon_eek:

9. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Those steroid injected cattle really pack a punch,.

10. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    That's great news! :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I was thinking the same thing.
    We should be able to beat the Browns with or without him.
    We need him healthy for Bengals and Bronkos!!!!

12. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    [​IMG]
    and he was dehydrated...

13. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    http://www.chargers.com/news/headlines/phillips-not-ruled.htm

Phillips not ruled out for Sunday

Thursday, Oct 26, 2006
    By Casey Pearce, Chargers.com
    The protective boot was gone, replaced with a smile and a little bit of optimism.

“If I have my explosion, then I’m going to go,” linebacker Shaun Phillips said Wednesday following Chargers practice. “That’s what it all comes down to.”

When he suffered a calf injury in Sunday’s loss at Kansas City, the initial diagnosis was the Phillips could miss four to six weeks. That prognosis was reduced when an MRI revealed a strain rather than a tear, and now Phillips believes a speedy recovery is not out of the question.

“It’s been a wave of emotions,” Phillips said. “I got disappointed when I thought I tore it. Now I’m feeling better and am excited that it’s not going to cost me as much.”

Phillips is listed as questionable on the Chargers injury report, meaning that he has a 50-50 chance of playing this weekend.

“He said to me today, ‘I’ll be ready on Sunday,’” Chargers Head Coach Marty Schottenheimer said. “I don’t know where he got his degree in medicine, but he feels confident. I’m not so sure about that. I think questionable is probably the best place to have him.”

Phillips has a team-high six sacks on the season. If he’s unable to play, second-year linebacker Marques Harris would start in his place. Last weekend, Harris recorded his first sack of the season. Defensive end Luis Castillo recovered Damon Huard’s fumble on the play, allowing the Chargers to tie the game in the fourth quarter.

“Since I’ve been here, I’ve just been working hard and getting ready,” Harris said. “Every time I get in there, I have to do something big. With the guys we have here, I’m going to be filling some big shoes when I’m in there. If I’m asked to, that’s what I’m going to try to do.”