1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Shaun Phillips, douchebag

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Ride The Lightning, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,626
    Shaun Phillips was on with Darren Smith on XX1090

http://www.xxsportsradio.com/common/global_audio/40/18333.mp3

gets good @ 5:50

Just can't man up and admit he made a mistake, then starts with the whole "if you think you can do better than me do it if not shut up"

Seriously, it's time we rid ourselves of this mental midget and he can take his tag team partner Cooper with him..

2. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    I listened to it live, and was amazed at what a dumbass he is. He was given several chances to admit what he did was wrong, but went on the offensive instead.:tdown:

3. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Meh. It wasn't that bad. He got a bit defensive and the "if you can do it better" stuff was sophomoric, but I agree with his overall take that there is no one play that wins or loses a game. Lot's of blame to go around. Plus, if you follow him on Twitter, he's a bit of an *** anyway.

4. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,626
    A bit defensive? He was pretty much telling Darren to STFU

5. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    I don't give a crap how much of a mental midget he is. He's one of our best LBers, arguably the best, and dumping him because you don't like his character would be a detrimental blow to our defense's production capablility.

You know what happens when a team cares more about character and less about ability? They hand one of the NFL's best WRs to Miami and trade up in the draft and take Tim Tebow.

6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,696
    Hmm....Shaun Phillips is a bit of a co**sucker.:glare:

7. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,626
    Dude cares more about himself than the team and he can be replaced. You know what happenes when teams stop caring about character and only about ability? Oakland.

SP can GTFO

8. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Remind me to wear my Phillips jersey to the home opener. :tup:

9. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Par for the course.

10. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942
    And when a me-first player's skills start to slide he's cut, sspecially one who is loud.

11. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    He should have been the one included in the trade with Miami, not Dobbins. We might have been able to keep that 2nd round pick.

Fu'ckin AJ.

12. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,209
    What did he make a mistake about?

13. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,626
    the headbutt/the playoff game, listen to the interview when Darren asks him about it

14. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,209
    Ahhh got it! :tup:

15. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    The interview itself was no big by either party. What is BS is how Shaun went off on Twitter after the interview about what a jerk Darren Smith is and how he wont do any more interviews with 1090 anymore. SP needs to grow up a little and stop hiding behind his charity.

16. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
    The headbutt - he was running after me and I defended myself - wow, just wow.

And what a self absorbed attitude - if you can't do better, don't have an opinion.

Yeah he definitely needs to go, I hate his bloody attitude, it just oozes "I'm better then all of you"

17. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    He should stay until we develop a player who could take his spot

18. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    The whole headbutt had put a dent in my fanism for SP. Sucks too used to love him cuz he was *The Other Guy*

Now... I could stand to see both shawns go. Glad I only got a 56 jersey.

I can agree tho that he wont be going anywhere until we have a solid player to step into his role. Guess all we can hope for is English to improve and move over to opposite Merriman.

19. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    It has been time for that for quite a while. Too bad AJ doesn't agree, and doesn't actually follow his "We want character guys" slogan

20. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +57
    Let larry English play instead of him...send him packing!:yes:

21. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
    I'm inclined to agree

22. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I would be too, If English played as well as Phillips. :yes:

23. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279
    Dgaf as long as he brings it this season

24. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    By "can be replaced" do you mean his production or do you mean we can simply fill a body into his position?

The former isn't as easy as you're making it out to be and the latter would be a Brandon Marshall/Tim Tebow-esque type move that I was alluding to.

And it doesn't compare to the Raiders. The Raiders overpay for those all ability-with character issues guys in the free agent market. That's not the same as holding on to your highly productive linebacker who has some character flaws.

But if they can do it with a guy who doesn't have character issues then sure, I'm all for it. But that's not as easy as you're making it out to be.

25. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Get back to me when Shaun's skills start to slide. :icon_shrug:

26. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    If English proves to be worth his 1st round pick and we can extend Merriman I rescind my opinion on keeping Shaun.

27. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942
    tic toc tic toc

28. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +171
    douchebag is the perfect word to describe this arrogant a-hole. Does he realize just how stupid and self centered he sounds?

he needs to STFU this off-season and get busy for the coming season.

he alibi's for his immaturity... incredible.

:icon_eek:

29. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,626
    I mean he can be replaced by someone else on our roster (Larry English) and at this point the only time he's productive is when Merriman is on the other side taking up the double team. He's nothing but a sidekick, and now we can all see he's got a bad attitude to boot.

When did I say it would be easy? Yeah, we'd lose his production, but we'd get another guy out on the field getting XP and would probably wind up producing nearly the same level as Merriman's new sidekick. BTW, Tebow isn't replaceing Marshall, so the comparison is not applicable.

How is it different? You're saying that if we judge guys strickly based on character and not performance then we will suck. I'm saying if we throw out character completely and just accept these me first *******s on the team then we'd be the Raiders. If you bothered to think about what I'm suggesting instead of trying to find fault you'd see we are actually agree that it's a bad thing to go all the way to the extreme BOTH ways

I never said it would be easy, of course there would be an adjustment period. When a dude is nothing but a distraction, picking fights with the opposing team's coach (McDaniels in Den), talking **** to the Jets b4 we got our *** kicked in the playoffs, headbutting the other team then acting like it's no big deal and he was just protecting himself (LOL), he obviously doesn't get it. If he hasn't figured it out by now, he's not going to. He was fine when he was just "The Other Guy", unfortunately now he seems to think he is "The Guy".

Obviously you don't care if we have guys on our team being ****ing jerks and making the whole team look like a bunch of me me me **** talking fools who can't back it up in the playoffs and can't take responsibility for their mistakes, which up to this point, that's what we are. I do. The guy thinks he's a leader on our D, but then shows his *** in the biggest game of the year. **** that.

30. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    So, is your point that it'll eventually happen?

Are you going to inform me of the color of the sky next?