1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Shaun Phillips, douchebag

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Ride The Lightning, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,626
    (stolen from CMB)

Shaun "protecting himself* :icon_rofl:

[​IMG]

2. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Is it just me or his he not even facing the play??

Was he playing offense that series?

Cut him

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Looks like he is a defeated man and after being made the fool he tried to cover it up. How can a man say he was defending himself when he was in full surrender???????:icon_shrug::icon_huh:

4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Protecting himself from getting manhandled in a one on one situation

By the way, does anyone have a link to that video?

5. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    You didn't see the menacing demonic look in that guy's eyes.

Shaun had to do what he had to do!

6. JUGGERNAUT

JUGGERNAUT BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    d'brickashawed.

7. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279
    show me anything else this guy has done wrong this past season. jets game is off limits because that WHOLE GAME was out of character for EVERYONE. shut the fcuk up about cutting SP, hes our most productive defender and until we find a better or equal replacement he wont go. your incessant whining is 1. pointless and 2. getting old. once again -- leo im with you on this one

8. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    It wasn't the game that people are pissed at, it was that he refuses to acknowledge that he messed up, and said he doesn't regret anything.

As for what he has done to warrant being sent packing, I could name a few things during the season. But I wouldn't just cut the guy, I would actively try to trade him and his douche bag buddy Copper to the highest bidder

9. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    I'll be clear, I don't blame people for being upset about the play or his apparent nonchalant attitude about it. I don't like it myself.

I just don't think that's enough to warrant sending him packing unless we can be sure we're going to adequately replace his production.

If English or anyone we get in a trade can do that then I'm cool with it. But don't just trade him just to trade him.

10. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I post one time in this thread and this is what I get? :icon_huh:

:icon_finger::icon_finger:

what DenverBolt said.

:tup:

11. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    Its not fair to judge him on that one play. But it is that play that speaks to the athlete.

He gets stood up, pushed back and then retaliates out of frustration. I feel for his pride but a better course of action would have been to just run through that blocker or side step him and make a play.

On this play we saw his weakness as an athlete and person of sound judgment.

Again... on this play.

12. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +279
    as an athlete myself, i cant fault him. there are those games where **** just gets THAT frustrating. theres no use crying over spilled milk now. its a new season just let it go.

13. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +279
    disregard the last message, missed this post.

what else has he done? i cant name anything like a run in with the law like vjax. yet nobodys calling for his head, so what am i missing here? i know what it is, a valid point :tdown:

14. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11

I think the only difference with him and Vjax is that Vjax is a dumbass with a closed mouth. His kicking of the flag was very uncharacteristic of him. He drinks but he doesnt pop off.

Not saying its better but it might be more tolerable than the guy who always is bumping the gums on top of being a dumbass. I bet if SP didnt say stuff like "if your better you come do it or shut up" people would be harder pressed to get on his case.

Your right though. DUI's are much worse and not much has been made of Vjax's mistakes.

15. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    For me, him whining about not making it onto the top 50 Chargers of all time list shows that he cares more about personal accomplishments and notoriety than he does the teams success.

Also, As Osgood said, him going out partying the Friday before the playoff game was disrespectful to his teams mates and shows a lack of maturity.

He has also shown that he is completely incapable of doing anything without Merriman on the other side taking up the double team.

Phillips has shown ZERO other than he is a good side kick, but he wants to be looked at as a prime time guy.

BY the way, when it comes to VJ, you are blind if you think people haven't called for his head. There have been several threads where numerous people have called to trade him because of his off the field crap. The difference is, his on the field performance is better than 90% of the others in the NFL. Phillips is an average player at best

16. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,696
    Its amazing, Vjack graduated with a 4.25 GPA, scored a 33 on the wonderlic, and yet he does some of the stupidest **** ever. Kicking the flag in the playoff game, spinning the ball on the ground that one time, 2 DUIs... How are you ever supposed to judge character out of the draft?

SP just needs a smack in the mouth. If he thinks he's irreplaceable he's got another thing coming.

17. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +279
    i can kinda understand this because he really has done more than given credit for, i mean he really does BRING IT each and every sunday. the man doesnt want to be "the other guy" any more because he CAN be a star elsewhere as well

meh, two days to recover no big. rivers had a bad game, gates had a bad game and im pretty sure those two didnt go out partying. theres no correlation but i do agree that there should be more focus come PLAYOFFS.

He has also shown that he is completely incapable of doing anything without Merriman on the other side taking up the double team.

He was the best defender this season. i dont care much about numbers, although they are fun to talk about and look at. stats dont tell the full story. when you look at the stat book online with the score, it doesnt tell you much other than "1 sack" or "1 INT" it doesnt tell you how key that play way. take a look at the giants game last season, the book wont tell you merriman sacked eli to end the game. you see what im trying to say?

gimme a player who will outplay philips and has the on field leadership. everyone fcuks up on the field, even captains.

18. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,696

But the guy sees absolutely NOTHING WRONG with what he did. He showed no remorse to Daren, he basically said he'd do it again if he had the chance. He also went on to say he expects to be patted on the back for good plays as well as the bad. I can accept a fcuk up every now and again, but at least have the cajones to admit you fcuked up, and that it was one of many contributing factors to the playoff loss.

Shaun Phillips has clearly become comfortable with his role on the team, he's just happy to be collecting his multi million dollar paychecks, and is arrogant enough to think he can't be replaced.

19. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +279
    that's what we're arguing about? so the fcuk what. what's that matter? yes it does show that hes immature, just let him be immature, he doesnt have run ins with the law so this is the least of our concerns.

fawk the offseason blows.

20. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,696
    My problem is that he cares more about himself getting patted on the back than the team winning a football game, his words and his actions are proof of that.

Guys like that are a cancer, espescially when they are considered team "leaders."

21. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,626
    just want to make sure everyone sees this because it's the ****ing truth

VJ has admitted he made mistakes and apologized, he is not above admitting he was stupid

SP does not care what you think unless you think he's awesome then you're awesome as well

BigMike, are you forgetting about the **** SP started w/ McDaniels b4 the Broncos game in Den? The game we went on to lose btw? What about all the **** talking SP did to Cutler? What about getting arrested, twice? (yes I know no charges were filed) I mean, this is not some isolated incident of SP making a mistake out of frustration in one game, he has demonstrated over and over he is nothing but a PUNK

22. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432

He also sang, "You're Not Gonna Make It" to the Colts and backed it up! :yes:

:icon_rofl:

23. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    You don't seem to understand that it is things like this that cause problems in locker rooms. When a player can't even take ownership for his mistakes, he loses credibility with his team mates.

24. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Exactly

25. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Sonny, SP was the one bragging about being out after a loss and gaming and partying somewhere. Like I said, I don't care what he does on the field if he can back it up. He shouldn't crap on the very people that make it possible for him to make big bank.

You need to engage your pea-brain first before you shift your mouth into gear. Otherwise, grind a pound for me.

26. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +279
    alright @ all of the above, ill admit im in the wrong, i wasnt aware of his two run ins with the law either. the only point im trying to make is the same as leo's, who else could possibly produce as much as he does? its not as easy as youre all making it out to be. i dont really care what the man says or does, hes clearly an *** hole, and *** holes will be *** holes.

27. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    in this interview he promoted a charity also. i think it was afterschoolallstars.com. but since he didnt apologize about a penalty hes the team d bag/ a hole. that is all bs dude and you know it

28. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    And when he sacks the QB, you'll all be cheering! :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  29. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,626
    I honestly don't and haven't for a few seasons now

30. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +279
    que?

• Like Like x 1