1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Shaun Phillips has "IT"

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RipTheJacker, Nov 28, 2006.

1. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Just watching the past 3 comeback wins, one player really stood out to me with big plays to spark our defense

In all 3 games, Shaun Phillips came up with huge plays in critical times

In the bengals game, that sack/strip of palmer early in the 4th quarter at the cin 9 yard line was huge. We scored the go ahead TD on the next play and never looked back

In the denver game, Denver was driving late in the game, and getting helped by stupid penalties, and were all the way down to the our 46 yard line. Once again, Phillips gets in, sacks the QB and forces another fumbled, by the time the broncos recovered, the game was over

And this week against the raiders, Sure it wasnt AS big a play as the other two, but in the 4th quarter, with us down 7, Phillips tips the an aaron brooks pass that Jammer ends up intercepting which lead to our game tying TD. I know jammer said he would of pick 6'd it if it wasnt tip, but who knows. Im willing to bet that a tipped ball is alot easier to catch, and as we all know, jammer doesnt have the greatest hands in the world, so im sure the tip did end up helping him.

Ive been waiting for this for a LONG time, we finally have a clutch DEFENSIVE player!! When was the last time we actually had one of those?? I actually feel alright now with teams being down against us late in games with the ball. Im not as worried anymore that the defense will choke it away

2. TJBOLT

TJBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19
    yes he does have "IT" and now i see why Marty was comparing him to Derick Thomas

3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Now that Merriman is back, teams can't double team Phillips anymore like they've been doing the past couple of weeks.

They'll be double-teaming Merriman instead, leaving Phillips more opportunities for sacks and tackles-for-losses.

That's a good paradox, the return of Merriman means more sacks for Phillips.

4. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Are we still leading the NFL in sacks ?

5. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Yup

We have 41, Baltimore is next with 39

6. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Those nine sacks Baltimore had on Sunday really helped them.

7. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    They will lose to Cincinnati and KC :tup:

8. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Yeah, May he be a Charger for years to come

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,889
    But we have to long term resign him ASAP!

• Like Like x 1
  10. montanabolthead

montanabolthead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30
    I think AJ will lock him up in a deal. He's definitely shown he's a gamer.:bolt:

11. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +674
    He is a freaking stud. :tup:

He is in the last year of his contract. He will be re-signed or offered the #1 and #3(rnd draft pick) tender.

My money is on AJ locking him up for the next few years.