1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Shaun Rodgers on the trade market

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Mar 7, 2010.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,616
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors
    Rogers on the move?

Top Email Back in January, Terry Pluto of the Cleveland Plain Dealer noticed something in the game-by-game statistics for the Cleveland Browns in the 2009 season: After Shaun Rogers suffered a season-ending leg injury and was replaced by Ahtyba Rubin, the Browns got more stout against the run. Interesting, given the disparity between the two players' salaries. The logical conclusion that Pluto came to then was that the team may try to trade Rogers, who will be 31 years old this March, and could still draw a pretty nice package in return given his talent. Pluto continues to beat the Rogers trade drum on Sunday, noting that the team could address one or more glaring needs in return.

There have been rumblings that Rogers and the Lions want a reunion in Motown, but they chose to grab Corey Williams instead. Other teams that might show some interest given their needs are the Titans, Texans, Panthers and Eagles. Say, don't the Eagles have a QB to offer in exchange?

2. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,616
    For our 2nd round pick maybe?

3. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    It would not even take a 2nd, IMO. Rogers is a tackle known for a bad attitude despite his talent, and if we can seize a former troubled, talented DT like Travis J for a 5th-6th, I think a 3rd would do it for Rogers, maybe even a 4th.

4. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,616
    I'd take him for that, his contract is pretty hefty though from what I remember.

It would erase our need to go NT in the 1st round, I really don't want to see us take Cody @28, but some of the most credited mock draft guys have us taking him right now.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Carpe Diem et omni Mundio Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +3,068
    We'd still likely need another NT unless we got Rodgers, Signed Scott and feel confident in Martin.

For a very cheap price, i'd take Rodgers