1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Shaun Smith anyone?....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Boltergeist, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    Released by the Browns. Might be worth looking into as a DT who can spell Jamal at 6'2 325. Downside is that he's outspoken and a potential disruption....but I think we have stronger leaders on this team with Jamal, Merriman, etc to keep attitudes in check.

DT is one area where we could use some depth...I'm not sure Ian Scott is going to cut it at his size in a 3/4 and Martin is just way too raw and is learning at DE, not DT anyway.

Just a thought.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5g8kmTn-8j9jLLYvmX-ckevQzwT6A

2. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    I would take him in a hearbeat if he is healthy!

3. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    No objections to bringing him in and checking him out.

Agree with you that we have strong leadership on this team, something that was probably lacking in Cleveland. Maybe being a Charger will breathe some fire back into his football career. That said, he was a severe under-achiever as a Brown.

4. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Frankly, the idea scares me.

If it were three weeks into the season and the Bolts had just lost a member of the DT/DE rotation to injury, I might feel differently.

But this team can't afford any chemistry disruptions, or distractions. Not worthhe isk at this stage, IMO.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    He hasa ton of potential and is the right size. If he is healthy then by all means bring him in for a looksy

6. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,806
    uh... dude punched Brady Quinn in the FACE! I would only want him if we could be sure he didn't act a fool here too :p I like PR's face just as it is :wub: :lol:

7. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Can't argue with the logic. Rivers is not a guy who gladly suffers fools or louts and I like his face the way it is, too. Altercations on the practice field are one thing. Locker room dust ups are another thing entirely.

8. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I would bring him in for look.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Two things
    1. Rivers will probably talk smack about Smith and then knock him out if he tried it
    2. IF somehow Rivers was punched by this guy, he wouldn't leave the weight room alive because the entire team would kick the **** out of him

10. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,806
    Excellent points. That said, let's give his tires a kick or two :icon_shrug:

11. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    I don't see it happening. If he can't make the Browns back-up spot...how's he going to make it on our team?

but, I could be wrong.

12. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    I think because he punched the face of the franchise. Quinn used his leverage to get him dumped.