1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Shelmon too???

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Feb 16, 2007.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Dolphins | Cameron could hire Shelmon - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:45:00 -0800

Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports Miami Dolphins head coack Cam Cameron could hire current San Diego Chargers offensive coordinator Clarence Shelmon for the same position with the team. Shelmon has an uncertain future because of the recent coaching change in San Diego.

2. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I can't see this happening unless the new HC just doesn't want Shelmon as OC. Why would AJ give permission for that otherwise!?

3. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Shelmon signed his deal, so the only way this happens is if the new coach brings in another OC. I think shelmon stays.

4. DjChemical

DjChemical BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    everything says he hasnt signed yet.

5. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    I don't think it matters.

This is profootballtalk, but the guy's a lawyer and isn't really talking about a rumor, but moreso a clarification on a rule (that pretains to this situation.)

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

But, if this is true, Cam can't hire him regardless because he's, at the very least, still under contract as RB coach. (which would be weird because we'd have 2?)

6. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Well chargers.com say that he has. This is from the coaches page bio on Shelmon:

After spending the past five seasons as the Chargers running backs coach, Clarence Shelmon has agreed to contract terms to become the team’s offensive coordinator...

http://www.chargers.com/team/coaches/clarence-shelmon.htm

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Aw f\/cck me... not this **** again.:deadhorse: