1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sherman exposed?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SDRaiderH8er, Sep 14, 2014.

1. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ter-being-exposed/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Unlike the Packers, the Chargers decided to throw at Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman. And it worked. And Sherman was in no mood to discuss it after San Diego’s 30-21 win over the defending NFL champions.

Via Michael Gehlken of U-T San Diego (and surely others), Sherman refused to talk to the media following the game.

Per Gehlken, multiple Chargers described Sherman with the same single word: “Exposed.” Eventually, the NFL may describe Sherman with another single word: “Fined.”

UPDATE 9:14 p.m. ET: Sherman didn’t speak to the media. But he did speak to the Twitter. “Lmao Exposed? …. Complete 3 passes 0 touchdowns 0 explosive passes…. These guys make me laugh,” Sherman said.

2. House of Hayne

House of Hayne Chargers Smash

Ratings:
    +204
    It's ok don't talk to the media
    If I look up at the score board what did it say?
    SD30-Seattle 21
    That's all he needs to see

3. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    sherman.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Saying he was 'exposed' is a stretch. At least we took him on and beat him. Loved how Allen stood him up, turned him around and ran free for the 1st down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I agree, Exposed is a bit out of order but even Sherman can't deny he was beaten for receptions that helped out the Bolt cause. He's still one of the best in the business, I'd have him on the Bolts in a heart beat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Yeah, "exposed" is a stretch, but there was no shut down anything anywhere on that defense. The only exposing was that athletic TEs are able to thrive against Seattle's linebackers and no huddle no hurry offense can wear even the champs' defense down.

7. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    Richard Sherman was exposed, as a crybaby. :cry:

He usually can’t wait to find a microphone & shout into it, but he ran & hid from reporters after the game, responding only on social media after he was called out by various Chargers players.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    To say he was exposed is giving Sherman too much credit, since it implies that we tried to challenge him, which we didn't.

We actually insulted him worse, if you ask me. Our offensive scheme didn't give a damn about Sherman--we threw to the best available option each time, regardless of the matchup. He was not important enough to play around, and when Allen is 3 for 3 against him, this is proven to be factual.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    1 on 1, Keenan Allen cannot be stopped. That first move will be breaking ankles in the NFL for a long time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,412
    Sherman is a great player, but he's a zone CB, and plays with a lot of talent around him. He's not what you'd traditionally call a shutdown corner. He's got size and long limbs, so he's hard to beat over the top, but he's not quick laterally, so a receiver like Allen can definitely get open against him. Keenan didn't burn him for any big plays, but he did get open. Therefore, the shutdown label doesn't apply.

11. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    Unofficially, Sherman is “credited” with allowing 5 receptions for 60 yards, although he would probably argue with you about those stats…:unsure:

12. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    And to think we got him in the 3rd round – Telesco should be arrested for theft!

13. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I kinda wish Allen hadn't said anything about it. Handle it with some class, act like we've been there before you know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,412
    Well, we saw as a rookie that Allen is a big talker. Like a lot of young players today, he's not shy about boasting. I'd also prefer he acted more like Floyd and Gates, but that's not his personality.

15. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    I don’t mind it at all – if you “walk”, then you deserve to “talk” and Keenan is already known for pointing to his name on the back of his jersey after making big plays.

I also like the fact that this defeat will infuriate the Seahawks, who will likely take it out on the Broncos this weekend and on the rest of the teams they play, many of whom we will also play this season.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Joy Division

Ratings:
    +542
    Allen really didn't say too much. Whatever he said wasn't "unclassy". Getting into a guy's head can be an effective strategy. Wish I could have heard what they were saying to each other on the field (if they even said anything).
    Strange to think that Allen wanted to give it all up just over a year ago. Where was his confidence then?

17. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    It's not about him, not everyone has the personality of Gates, it's more about the bulletin board material it gives opponents. Talkers will always get their opponents A game because, just like with Sherman, people want to see them get shut up.

We wouldn't care half as much about this if Sherman himself wasn't a big talker. I'd just like to see it toned down a bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,412
    I didn't disagree with you........ I merely pointed out that Allen isn't the type to change his boastful ways. It's his one blemish, but I don't think it's going away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I know. I was just elaborating on what I said earlier.

20. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I say he can talk all he wants down on the field especially when he put a move on Sherman at the LOS and Sherman is still looking for Allen down at the Murph. I will say that the back bites in the media have never really proved anything when trash is the subject.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I honestly get the mindset of Keenan Allen. If you see your opponent as "just a regular guy" vs a member of the "Legion of Boom", probably easier to go out and do your thing. Keenan can talk as long as he backs it up, nothing he said was particularly offensive, unless you think Sherman is the best corner in the league and should be bowed down to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,157
    I'm a Cal Bear and won't pretend that I was ever remotely objective
    about wanting Keenan to come to San Diego and become Rivers' fav target.
    Hopefully he'll be the next Golden Bear (Aaron Rodgers, Marshawn Lynch, etc.) to get a ring.

That said, yes, I'd like him even more if he'd retire the pointing to his name, thang...

23. House of Hayne

House of Hayne Chargers Smash

Ratings:
    +204
    Sherman was thrown at 5 times for 5 receptions for 60 yards that's 10+yards a catch
    That's a big reason that SD won
    Long drives and converting 3rd downs

And he said that he gave up 3 receptions
    He needs to look at the tape before he goes on twitter

24. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    We did not lit him up, but we threw his way so it kinda shows his not a 'shutdown corner'. Which nowadays is meant to mean never thrown at.

25. Joy Division

Ratings:
    +542
    • Like Like x 1
  26. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    I said it when everyone was up in arms about Rivers' trash talking and I'll say it about Allen.

As long as he helps the team win he can do whatever he likes in the interem, whether that means being quiet about everything or starting up a trash talking storm. It bothers me not so long as he's in the endzone.

And really, in the realm of trash talking wideouts this is very tame.

27. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    And I do realize the risk of adding the proverbial "bulletin board material", so yeah, in an ideal world I'd rather nobody talk ****. But....if they back it up even in spite of the material I choose not to care.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Joy Division

Ratings:
    +542
    Also, Allen plays for the San Diego Chargers.
    Hardly anyone pays the Chargers any attention.
    Why? No Lombardi's.
    San Diego will perpetually fly under the radar until they
    (like Seattle) win a title. Until then, no one will really hate
    on them that much or give them much attention.
    Win a couple of Lombardi's (back to back preferably)
    and suddenly they're taking statements from the waterboys
    and scandal/dramas will be a norm in Americas Finest City.

29. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    I personally don't think Sherman is the best corner anyways. I have him 3rd behind Patrick Peterson, and Joe Haden.

30. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    The difference is we've never seen Rivers talk trash off the field. I don't really like it when they take it off the field, things said in public to the media are the best kind of bulletin board material.

It's a small deal, I'm not trying to make it into something bigger, I just don't want shutting up Keenan Allen to become a thing like it is with Richard Sherman.

• Agree Agree x 1