1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Shonn Greene might have some explaining to do to L.T.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Mar 16, 2010.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Shonn Greene might have some explaining to do to L.T.
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 16, 2010 9:10 AM ET
    Three years ago, then-Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson complained after a home playoff loss to the Patriots that members of the visiting team were mimicking Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman's "Lights Out" routine.

"When you go to the middle of our field, when you start doing the dance that Shawne Merriman is known for, that's disrespectful to me," Tomlinson said. "And I can't sit there and watch that. And so, yeah, I was very upset. And just the fact that they showed no class at all. Absolutely no class. And maybe that comes from their head coach. So you know, there you have it."

Fast forward to the 2009 playoffs. As one of Adam Schefter's Twitter followers points out (hey, we'll take ideas wherever we can find them), a similar incident occurred during the Chargers' home playoff loss to L.T.'s new team, the Jets.

New York running back Shonn Greene capped a game-clinching 53-yard touchdown run by mimicking Tomlinson's touchdown routine, an arguably goofy-looking move where he puts one hand on his helmet and flips the ball with the other.

After the game, Tomlinson didn't say anything about being upset or about the Jets or coach Rex Ryan being classless. Maybe L.T. didn't see it. Or maybe he was simply thinking ahead, realizing that the Chargers soon would be cutting him, realizing that he'd need a place to land in 2010, and realizing that the Jets could be one of the potential destinations.

Still, Greene and L.T. are now on the same team, and it'll be interesting to see what, if anything, Tomlinson has to say, either to the media or to Greene.

If there's still a problem, perhaps cornerback Antonio Cromartie can act as the intermediary. After all, it was Cromartie's flag-football move that helped Greene break free -- and it was Cromartie who chased Greene down and gave him a blatant late hit just before Greene did the touchdown celebration that L.T. is known for.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/16/shonn-greene-might-have-some-explaining-to-do-to-lt/

:icon_rofl:

2. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Tomlinson will show Greene "the right way" to celebrate a TD
    Posted by Michael David Smith on March 16, 2010 11:34 AM ET
    Responding to a question about Shonn Greene mimicking his touchdown celebration, LaDainian Tomlinson says he has no hard feelings toward his new teammate and looks forward to mentoring him.

"When I saw him do it I felt it needed a little critiquing," Tomlinson said with a laugh. "I thought, 'Maybe I'll see if I can come critique it.' I'm definitely going to show him the right way to do it. I'll be honored if he does it more times next year."

That's a very different attitude than Tomlinson took toward the New England Patriots mimicking Shawne Merriman's celebrations three years ago. Perhaps Tomlinson is older and wiser now -- something he alluded to when saying he wants to serve as Greene's mentor in New York.

"The greatest thing you can leave in this league is your veteran knowledge," Tomlinson said. "The greatest thing you can leave, a legacy, is teaching young guys. . . . I embrace that role of mentoring young running backs like Shonn Greene

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-show-greene-the-right-way-to-celebrate-a-td/

3. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Well, thats that. Might as well shut down this thread. :icon_rofl::popcorn:

4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    The more I read about LT these day's, the more I come to believe he was the "cancer" in the Bolt's locker room.:tdown:

5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I've always felt he changed when Marty/Brees happened.

He might not have been a cancer but he sure didn't seem like an inspiration either

6. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    As sad as it is to say, I'm starting to agree.

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Some might say LT is a hypocrite for not calling out Greene. :icon_eek:

Might it have anything to do with the $$$$$ ???

Loyalty my ***.

Loyalty is only as thick or thin as ones wallet.

LT just showed it.

Ouch.

8. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    One word..... Class. :icon_rofl:

9. keoni boi

keoni boi BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    I agree. Loyalty is to who ever signs the check. I think rookies get that sense of loyalty because they are new to it. As the years move on its more about "getting paid". But LT was a loyal team mate. I dont belive a cancer. I will say that, as this last season came down you could see that because of his unproductive runs and lower percentages, he was a shell of the old LT. He knew that this was his last season half way through the regular season. He crying at his news conference because he loved the Chargers and the players. Dude was loyal. just my opinion:icon_party:

10. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    LT's having fun. I think he actually feels relieved that he's just seeing new scenery at all.