1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Should A.J. Have taken such a hard stance on VJ and MCneil?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Jun 22, 2010.

?

Shoul AJ be playing hardball with VJ and Mcneil

1. YES

16 vote(s)
    59.3%
  2. NO

11 vote(s)
    40.7%
  1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    With the tender deadline long gone and VJ and mcneil holding out a real probability do you think aj made the right decision in playing hardball or do u buy the media hype that AJ is ruining our super bowl chances?

2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Media hype about ruining our chances? Everything I've seen/read has said that this DOESN'T ruin them at all. A little more difficult? Perhaps.

3. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    He did not take a hard stance and we can not win a SB without them.

4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Can we get a choice of

"Yes to VJ, No to McNeil"

• Like Like x 1
  5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    :yes:

6. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I think this thread should be renamed. Should jackson and mcneil have taken such a harsh stance against the chargers.

LIke everyone else who was tendered they just have to sign thier tenders and still make 3+ million. LIke everyone else. But no. They are either being very stupid or greedy. Not sure which category they fall in.

I still think its the agents fault. NO one could be this stupid to loose that much money.

7. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Actually we can. If keading finally hits needed kicks we'll win a super bowl.:yes:

8. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    "Like everyone else"? You mean the 12 or 13 that are still holding out just like these 2? I still believe that if the Chargers would at least be willing to discuss a contract, they would be here just like Dumbervil did with Denver.

I have no issue with not giving them what every they want, I do have an issue with refusing to even talk, then again, that is just my opinion.

9. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I would also vote Yes, in your poll.

You and others need to stop looking at the money from your side. None of us here,that I know of, make that much. It's easy to criticize when most have never even made $100k.

I'm glad AJ Smith is the Chargers GM and no one from this board.:tup:

10. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    And you ONLY have an ACEE article that says AJ & the Chargers were refusing to talk. That's it. Acee isn't exactly accurate.

11. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    He has a lot more access on the team than what anyone on this board has. Unless you have something that says he is wrong, i don't see how you can dispute it.

The article he wrote said that the Chargers are refusing to talk about a contract with VJ and McNeil until they get something done with Gates, and the Gates negotiations haven't even started. I would say that is easily information that he would have access to, after all he lives his life with AJ's nuts in his mouth

12. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    [​IMG]

13. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,411
    I think the thread should be renamed "rehashing a subject that's already being discussed ad neusum in multiple active threads"

14. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Come on! It's only June!
    :icon_tease:

15. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Exactly, what else are we supposed to talk about? How great Tra Thomas and Josh Reed will be? :icon_rofl:

16. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Go discuss Royal & Dumervil. Please.

17. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Why would I discuss a team that I despise? Just because I am leaving SD, doesn't mean I will stop being a Chargers fan. I am leaving because that is where my family is, also all Charger fans, and I am able make the same money while living in a cheaper city, all while buying a 3500 sq ft house fro $250k

18. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    But that house is in Colorado.

19. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Yes it is, and I am cool with that. Everyone I have met in Colorado who has moved there from Cali said it was the best move they made. To each their own

20. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    I see things this way..........AJ enforced the guidelines of the union agreement with both players. Both players are in the NFLPA and this should be taken up with the reps who agreed on these rules when the original CBA was changed this winter. These players are being asked to play under the same circumstances as every other player who was given the RFA tag. VJ and MM are not agreeing to these arangements which is their right so we have what we got here today. Which is the way they want it. Both these guys will be in Bolts on opening day in KC. They will not give up their cash. I am wondering if AJ will go back and give them thier tender amounts of 3 plus million. Thats what I am curious about.

21. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551

And if that doesn't work, what about a 1yr deal for around 5-6 mil all guaranteed?

They can't complain, AJ doesn't have to pay them that money, and they can only hurt their reputation with their teamates and other potential suiters by continuing to holdout into the regular season....espescially if they take it all the way to week 10, it'll look like nothing but greed.

22. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,411
    You know me. I'm never one to insinuate a subject shouldn't be discussed.

I just think it's overkill to start a new thread on the same subject that's still ongoing in at least two threads. :lol:

23. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'm just hoping. It's such a shame that you brought your clueless BS over from .com - I was hoping you'd downgrade to a more comfortable fan base.

24. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Keep hoping, I am not going anywhere. You can call my posts classless all you want, I don't care. I am not the one who has an avatar of a guy flipping off the crowd

25. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,411
    DenverBolt can stay.

If we tried to kick every fan out of the fan base any time they spewed poor logic we wouldn't really have much of a fan base left.

Besides, this is just inane sports banter on the internet. If I met up with DenverBolt today I'd share a beer with him. It's nothing personal.

26. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Any of you who ever make it out to Denver for a game, hit me up and we will definitely go have a beer