1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Should be a good one Sunday

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by titanfan24, Dec 4, 2007.

1. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    What's crack-a-lackin my Bolttalk.com brothas!!

Congrats on the big win at Arrowhead last week (its always good to win in KC, no matter their record). This sets up an intriguing matchup in Cashville this weekend. A San Diego win and you guys set yourselves up perfectly to win the AFC West. A Tennessee win and the Titans will keep pace with Cleveland and Jacksonville in the chase for the two AFC wild cards. Hell, this game could easily be a preview of a Wild Card weekend game at Qualcomm.

I'm looking forward to see how the Titans match up against a team as balanced and versatile as the Chargers. The Titans D really struggled without Albert Haynesworth, but with him back, he seems to change the way teams try to attack, especially in the run game. He really frees Vanden Bosch and Odonm to get after the QB.

Another matchup to watch our the Titans really good two young tackles (Michael Roos and David Stewart) match up against the great Shawne Merriman and the underrated Shaun Phillips (who has the nicest family in the world.....I sat next to them on my flight back to Nashville after the SD-NE playoff game last year....solid folks).

This game could really come down to QB play. Vince Young has really played well the past three weeks, despite the interception numbers. He seems compelled to throw one stupid ball a week that invaribly gets picked, but he has really played well lately. We, as Titan fans take the good and the bad with him right now, because 3-4 times a game, he shows that special ability. Philip Rivers has seemingly settled down over the past month and played better football. I'm interested to see how he plays, considering this is as close to a home game as he'll ever have. Athens, Alabama, PR's home town, is only about 90 miles south of Nashville and I'm sure he'll have plenty of friends and family at LP Field.

Anyways, I'll be checkin in and giving my thoughts all week.

• Like Like x 3
  2. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Right On! I was wondering when we'd hear from Brother TF24:yes:

For any of you new comers titanfan24 is an honored guest and a class act. he is what you would hope all visiting posters would be but so seldom are. :icon_toast:

That being said I think it's gonna be alot tougher sunday with haynesworth back, and I expect lendale white to be a good test for our run D. I still believe the Bolts will win though:thumbup:

3. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554

Solid analysis. Always nice to see you come back and add some class to this place. I agree it's going to be a battle Sunday. The Titans D is tough and Vince Young is a gamer. Should come down to the wire.

4. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    this is going to be an awesome game for both teams! I am sure excited. I think the Titans will come out with the W though.

5. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Nice to see TF24 checking in. He indeed is a class act.

I have a feeling we will have to survive one of those patented VY 4th qtr magic acts to win this one. That big win from last year seems so far away now.

I think to not let VY beat you, you need safeties that can make good decisions and can tackle. And well, we may have some issues there.......

6. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    TF24 is a class act, unfortunately I lack that personality trait. Here goes,

<object width="415" height="347"><param name="wmode" value="opaque" /><param name="movie" value="http://uncutvideo.aol.com/v6.220/en-US/uc_videoplayer.swf" /><param name="FlashVars" value="aID=11b2322db312e31374d1eaacc9620e95b&site=http://uncutvideo.aol.com/"/><embed src="http://uncutvideo.aol.com/v6.220/en-US/uc_videoplayer.swf" wmode="opaque" FlashVars="aID=11b2322db312e31374d1eaacc9620e95b&site=http://uncutvideo.aol.com/" width="415" height="347" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object

For a few laughs at our expense check out this thread,

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32055

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Yer a sick, sick little man...

I love it!

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    You're going to be on double secret probation for this one :icon_rofl:

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Thanks for stopping by and giving us your input TF24!! :tup:

Titans really need this win to still have a chance at a wild card slot. Where this is an opportunity for the Chargers to slam the door on the AFC West (with a Broncos loss to go with it)!!!

You got a tough division this season with the Jags playing as they are right now. KICK THE PONIES WHILE THEIR DOWN!!!

I think the Chargers will win!! :yes: :bolt:

But, Good Luck!!!

10. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Let's go Bolts!!!:abq2:

11. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Excellent post...this game is very important to me as a paying fan of the Bolts.
    As I see it, it's the only chance they have to prove they are good enough to make noise in the playoffs.
    The Titans and Jag's are the only teams the Chargers have faced that is healthy enough to be considered "at their playoff potential", and we know what happened with the Jag's.
    We did beat a Colts team that was wasted with injuries, and a win is a win, but what a crappy one.
    THis is the one and only chance for the Chargers to beat a healthy team with a winning record.
    This Sunday we'll see exactly where our team is at.

12. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Good to hear from you TF. Hope you're well.:icon_smile:

It should be one hell of a game. Both teams have a lot to play for, given that we are trying to win a division (with some outside help) and the Titans are in a tussle with the Browns (who'd have thought this at the start of the year?!) and Bills for that last wild card spot.

13. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    It's funny but for some reason I don't see this being a 'tough' game for the Chargers. I don't know why I think this way, I just feel we match up well with the Titans and should take this game without too much trouble. Good to hear from you though, TitanFan. :yes:

14. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    good on ya TF24

:tup::tup::tup:

Keep VY in the pocket and I think we win the battle

Gonna be a classic!!

:icon_toast::icon_toast:

15. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    It should be a good game. On paper they dont look to equal, but if you look over the past 4 weeks, these two teams stack up well against one another.

Week 14: Music City Madness game preview.

16. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    First off, TF24, welcome back and good to hear from you again.

This is the toughest game left on our schedule. If the game was in SD I'd feel more confident, but that's not to say I don't think we can go into Tenn and pull out a will. Titans have their backs to the wall and they are fighting for playoff survival, hopefully the fact we can clinch will be the extra motivation we need.

I agree, this is gonna be a GREAT game.

• Like Like x 1
  17. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    True that... I'm expecting a low scoring, punch-you-in-the-mouth, defensive battle. Good football.

Vegas has us as 1 point favorites so even the pros think this is anybody's ball game.

18. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    This is going to be a war between two very physical teams. Can't wait. :abq2::bolt::abq1:

19. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321

agreed,... there's soooooooo little of both of those in here.... :lol:

let the brothas & sistas know where you'll be 'gating... hook em up... there's a bunch going.... gotta an extra ticket... :yes:

20. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Nice post, TF24. Good to have opposing fans who come in friendly, solid, & knowledgeable.

I think we're gonna win this one, but it will be a game. VY is no one to take lightly - he can beat you with his arm or feet. Our guys really need to wrap up on their tackles this week.

Haynesworth is a force, but I believe that our line is up to the task. Look for another big game from LT (125+ rushing, receiving TD) & for Gates to reappear. PR has solid numbers & protects the ball again.

Here's to a great game & a Bolts win!! :icon_toast:

21. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Hey TF24! Great posting as always.

I was hoping Haynesworth would be out 1 more game as that Titans D is not the same with him out of the lineup.

22. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    The Titans did give up 100 plus yards to Houston, and if the Texans had LT, it would have been more. Ron Dayne does not squirt through holes like LT does.

Now whether or not that was due to Haynesworth being rusty, or whether it was due to an actual weakness in the Titans run defense, I do not know.

23. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116

Freakin' hilarious!:icon_rofl:

24. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    If you look at the games he played vs he didn't.

119 vs Hou (in) Win
    148 vs Cin (out) Lost
    166 vs Den (out) Lost
    166 vs Jax (out) Lost
    78 vs Car (in) Win

It seems clear to me when he is there. Also 119 is not all that much over 100 for a team total, unless you are the Pats who never run. In the first game vs Hou, they held them to 39 yrds. Might be Haynesworth was a bit rusty.

25. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Dude is a man beast. Always draws a double team and he is coming off a hammy injury, so his first step might not be back up to speed.

26. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I think that Haynesworth isn't so much rusty as less than 100%. He's only about 80% healthy, so that is affecting how well he's playing.

27. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    There is also the problem that these injuries can reoccur or be aggravated by playing too soon. That's particularly true with the load that'll be placed on him fighting with Dielman and chasing LT.

28. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    I read somewhere this morning that he said his hamstring was still swelling quite a bit. I've never injured a hamstring, but that doesn't sound good.