1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Should Philip Rivers be BENCHED ?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Trumpet_Man, Sep 17, 2007.

1. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    It can take up to 3 years for a rookie WR to be productive in the NFL.

Thats one of the reasons many GM's are reluctant to take WR's in the first round.

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    If you remember the series Kung Fu with David Carradine where he has to lift the red hot caldron and leave the mark of the dragon on his arms, well Rivers is doing the same thing.

Qui-chang Caine went to his knees because of his master and prophet before the grasshopper became wise to the ways of the world. :yes:

Same theory applies here but I did not want to divulge too many temple secrets.

The congregation just has to endure the rituals of Klingon pain sticks on it's *** and once completed, a Terminator of sorts emerges to save the day.

Viva la revolucion !!!

3. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Or it could be because the QB stinks.

I can use your poor logic as well.

With your user name, I would never expect an honest assessment of Rivers play anyways. No worries. :tup:

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Agreed.

I have envoked the spirits of the dead to guide the "Chosen One"
    to his place in the light. :yes: It will be painful as witnessed by this horrific yet compelling thread. :abq2:

5. richpjr

richpjr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    There is only 1 stat you should be looking at over the past 9 games: 7-2. I'll take it.

6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Sure Rivers played bad and turned the ball over but the whole team stunk. No passing game, no running game and no defense, how the hell can anyone expect to win a game like that.?:bolt:

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Sid Giman was right about stats.

If you want to get down to it, if we look at the last 3 games (playoffs included), we are 1-2 and one of those losses happened in the playoffs. Sort of takes that edge off wouldn't you say?

8. richpjr

richpjr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    If you want to continue playing this silly game, than LT must really be the 39th ranked back in the league at 34 yards per game and a 1.9 yards per average carry. Should we bench him too? This entire thread is bizarre. Rivers will not be benched.

9. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I never said to BENCH Rivers right now. Two people have called for him to be benched and that is leisure and MTL.

You obviously have not read the thread.

10. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,017
    Trumpy, I know that it turned out to be the best thing that could happen for Brees when Marty sat him down to drive home the point about taking care of the football, and I think it was a wakeup call that has improved his game to this very day - I just don't see it as having any long-standing or even short term impact on Philip Rivers. The kid has got it - and needs to work through the good times AND the bad. He is going to be our QB for a long, long time and we (fans) just need to be patient and let him go through the complete process.

I'm pretty sure he will snap back against the Pack, but even if he doesn't - let him play is my opinion on this one. :icon_toast:

11. richpjr

richpjr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    I certainly didn't read every single post in this thread, but the first post in this thread said that he should be benched if he struggled in Green Bay. I don't agree and I am absolutely certain that neither the coaches or the front office would be in favor of benching him either.

12. lag bolt

lag bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I think he is looking better this week. would be cool if he would workwith recievers to get the timing down. Right now seems the only one he's :icon_toast: :bolt: clicking with is GATES.

13. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Huh??

Davis and VJ both have made multiple catches and both have TD's.

14. lag bolt

lag bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I was talking about todays action. Just got scored so I stand corrected.:tup: :flag:

15. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Biggest piece of chit thread EVER.

16. lag bolt

lag bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I was talking about todays action. Scored at the half and loking GREAT NOW!!!!! I stand corrected.:tup: :flag:

17. lag bolt

lag bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I was talking about todays action. Scored at the half and looking GREAT NOW!!!!! I stand corrected.:tup: :flag: :yes:

18. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    3X for emphasis. :lol:

19. lag bolt

lag bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Just getting the hang of this site.Not many of these on Skid Row:lol: :icon_rofl:

20. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,602
    Rivers, did very well today even with the interception.

I never wanted him benched, I don't want him now benched.

21. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Just like Hart Tony. Bigtime players make plays.

Hart sucks ***.

22. twilight15

twilight15 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    Rivers did good in this game...Just one INT.....The INT that gave the game......But he did do very well

23. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Originally Posted by Trumpet_Man
    Nice for a MOD to chime in especially when the INT thrown LOST the freaking game.

All those atta boys or 15/15 passing records do not mean fuc all when in crunch time, you eat ****.

Yo SDC - before you just at assuming **** READ what the fuc I posted.

You sent me a VPAGER message and I am not sure how to repsond to them after they go away, but read what the hell I posted.

You assume I am telling In a DAYS to EAT ****. What the hell are you reading ? Read what I posted before you let the position of Admin get carried away by deleting posts needlessly. Gees. I will give you a pass :abq2: because maybe you had one too many beers and you "insiders" get "ban-i-tis" when promoted. Man oh man. Get with the program. :icon_evil:

24. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Jerry Wilson sucked *** and that is what you and many other forget. :yes:

25. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    :lol:

It has more to do with me running all of this board trying to keep all the meltdowns civil.

But it does make me feel better that you didn't tell one of our underappreciated mods to eat ****. :yes:

26. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +480
    nope, for post padding :icon_shrug:

(like this post)

27. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    No man the dude just read my post too damn quickly ya doof.

What I was saying is all the attaboys do not mean dick when you eat **** at the end and in some respects that is sort of unfair.

Rivers had a good game but his play and the combination of Hart and the underneath coverage, fuc't up on the last TD by GB.

Weddle got burned on a TD in the endzone and I started a thread to get rid of him as well - well - you know. :abq2: