1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Should Philip Rivers be BENCHED ?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Trumpet_Man, Sep 17, 2007.

1. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 New Member

Ratings:
    +54
    FWIW, Hart had the worst day of any Charger and it wasn't close :no: .

• Like Like x 1
  2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Sorry for stepping on your nuts Trumpie. I don't mind if you tell me to eat chit, it's all good. :yes:

Seriously as much as I think the idea of benching philip is a knee jerk chicken little suggestion, I appreciation the discussion it has created so it's really not a POS thread after all.

But seriously... should we bench Clinton Hart after letting Donald Driver walk into the endzone?

3. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Word ..... :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Never apologize for starters dammit. :icon_evil: You are above the fray. A MOD. :abq2: Someone to be watched and scrutinized like a pimple. :icon_eek: :icon_party:

Psuedo enemy working for "the man" (aka Thumper my drinking buddy but he grants me no slack the bastid).....:unsure:

I do not take all this **** as seriously as most of you do but never forget, I am the prophet and leisure is leisure.

5. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Thumper retired.

6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I am in super secret negotiations to buy him out (or not) so be nice to your future boss :icon_eek: :abq1: :abq2:

7. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    :no:

8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    It can and may happen :yes:

Protected under the umbrella of my vast empire - it is called a "C" Corporation :yes:

All we need to do is negotiate the "Articles of Incorporation" as a subsidiary and it is done. :icon_eek:

Trust me, if "they" go after your ***, would you rather have that nice warm bed to sleep in or "them" chasing after ghosts?

There is inheirent protection in a corporation for the officers to a certain degree. Any legal attacks are held against the assets of the corporation instead of you personally. Yeah. Something to think about. :flag:

9. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    Are you on acid?

10. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    No. Not a chance. That **** is bad. :tdown:

You just need to peddle faster man. :yes:

11. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    The PC term is LSD. :icon_evil:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    If you venture back in time via a worm hole or the search function will reveal I was very ambivalent about the hiring of Norv (for the sake of continuity) and nothing more.

His hiring I did not consider horrid at the time but mother fuc me freddy, after 3 games I am ready to have that body of work to draw some conclusions.

When I hear the announcers saying our sidelines are still in disarray when somebody lost a fuc-king shoe, I want to kill my big screen. Good thing it is paid off but nonetheless, as much as it may pain me to say you may have been right, the jury is still out.

That is as good as it gets.

By the BYE, I will be on FIRE and whoever gets in the way will get burned down by the sword of the prophet or some **** like that so stay tuned - ratings are up !!!

13. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820

:beat:

14. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820

:yes:

15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    John Cougar MellenCamps "Authority" Song (I fought authority but authorty alway wins.....) and Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" and Bostons "Long Time/Foreplay" and REO Speedwagon's "Roll With The Changes" is my motto all rolled into one as a human being.

Now that my huevos are out for a fillet festival, next week against the hated Chiefs, Rivers needs HELP. Boy tore it up to keep my machete at bay.

16. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    O.K. this is all I wanted to see, even though Philip choked in the last few minutes, he played good enough to be kept off your chopping block.
    Which is as it should be.

17. fredfan

fredfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    Are you forgetting the high throw (way over the WR's head) on 3rd and short to VJ that would have iced the game?

Rivers did choke in this game. On the other hand, he also helped have them in a position for a late choke. In other words, he played very well until his last couple of drives (crucial though they were).

Oh yeah, and the Chargers are playing a much better schedule this season than last.

18. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Choker on this team is spelled COTTRELL

19. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings:
    +192
    This thread has been revived! START THE GUNSLINGER!!!!

20. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    YES! Bench the kid right now and let him contemplate his mistakes. Get Volek in there, if he wins, then keep him there the rest of the season.

21. DenverBolt

DenverBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +52
    Bench Rivers if we want to salvage this season. He's sucked in all four games. At least it will be a wake up call to him and the rest of the team that this kind of effort won't fly!

22. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    I'm beginning to see a pattern with Rivers, and it's not one that the very good QB's have.
    When he's under pressure he becomes completely ineffective. The outstanding QB's fight to the end. Philip gets weak.
    He's not the type of QB who can battle through the tough times...he needs to have the team around him pull through, he will then follow.

23. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Maybe a benching will do him good? He can't do any worse.

24. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,770
    SMD & KMA loser's:bolt: :icon_rofl: .

25. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    I love PR's game. But right now the kid is just not right. He's indecisive, inaccurate, and just plain sloppy out there. Plus he's playing like he's Drew Brees's height. A nice benching might be what he needs right now.